SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Progress on Luxlink: The Test

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-11, 01:16 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Progress on Luxlink: The Test

Three years ago Steve installed Luxlink on my 02. I was so impressed with it that when I heard he was running a short production, I bought two. One is a spare and the other is for my final SC, which will either be the 07 PB or a 10 model. Yesterday, Steve called wanting to test out the new model before they ship. I dropped off my SC this AM where he will test the new production model for 2 days. Great news for the other 40 CL'ers who got in on this deal. I can tell you there is no better mod for your SC than the Luxlink. I know its been a while, but you will see it was worth the wait. I will let you know when I get my SC back.

John
Old 08-09-11, 01:39 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Solman, thanks for the update on the luxlink. Hope all goes well with the test.
Old 08-09-11, 01:42 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Y e a h !!!
Old 08-09-11, 05:04 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

i wish i lived near you guys to have them install it, my local shop owes me work so my install is free just hope they can figure it out. Do you know if my installers would be able to call steves shop for support if they have questions? Im also hoping he has produced updated installation instructions since the addition of the new sensor and such.
Old 08-09-11, 05:16 PM
darnot10
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've talked to Steve and he is there to help so no worries. You will be fine.
Old 08-09-11, 05:23 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

can someone with his # pm it to me?
Old 08-09-11, 05:55 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

What a tease!!!
Old 08-09-11, 06:26 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Waiting patiently for another item that will sit in my office and wait to be installed like the amp, jl subs, jl speakers, & rotora BBK that's been there for months. Any volunteer installers for these items.?
Old 08-09-11, 06:38 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Originally Posted by robertrios
i wish i lived near you guys to have them install it, my local shop owes me work so my install is free just hope they can figure it out. Do you know if my installers would be able to call steves shop for support if they have questions? Im also hoping he has produced updated installation instructions since the addition of the new sensor and such.
Hi robert,

Go here & look for the INSTALLATION near the bottom of the page. This will lead you to a MS Word document on how to install.

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/prod...08+Lexus+SC430

You should find his phone number on that site.

Jerry Baumchen
Old 08-13-11, 05:50 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

I got my SC back Thursday and Steve replaced my old luxlink with the new model to test it. So far I found no glitches. If I find no problems by Monday, they will be shipped out. So far, working perfect. You guys who never had it, will find out what you've been missing!

Just think, when you get to your destination, you double push the dash button for top up and then remove your key-as you are walking away, the top will close, windows will go up, and the car will turn off. All the while all the bystanders will watch in amazement! You thought your SC got attention before-just wait.

Conversely, You get your oem key out and click a few buttons on it from any distance where your key works and as you approach, the SC starts up-windows and roof drop-again, watch as people stop and watch the procedure as there is still no one in the SC. Sometimes, I think people watching is the best part of the process.

Enjoy Guys-Coming very, very soon!!!

John
Old 08-13-11, 10:33 AM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Thanks John for the heads up....can hardly wait to get it installed.
Old 08-13-11, 12:51 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Solman
I got my SC back Thursday and Steve replaced my old luxlink with the new model to test it. So far I found no glitches.
Habious found an weird software scenario on the old Luxlink which is supposed to be corrected in the new version. I think it involved the remote start and run time but I can't really remember. I don't use the remote start at all. He'll probably chime in with the specifics, but have you tried changing remote start run times?
Old 08-13-11, 01:32 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

The remote start run time has been changed from 5 to 10 minutes. In other words, you have 10 minutes before the car shuts itself off to get in and go. That is irrelelavant in SoCal because of our mild climate, but I always use the remote start to put the top down as I approach the SC. You can use the oem remote to put the top down without starting it, but I never do because of the strain it puts on the battery.

In terms of getting to my destination with the top down, I always hit the top up button on the dash (twice) and remove the key. The car keeps running until the top and windows are up and then the engine shuts itself off. To lock the car in that process you must either hit the power door lock on your way out or press the lock button on the oem remote.

I know this process sounds complicated, but learn time is short and then it becomes habit. My wife has only driven my SC 2X in 3 years, so I haven't taught her the process. She actually prefers not to use it. Keep in mind your roof can also work the way it always has. However, the part of luxlink she knows and uses is that the roof open/close button can now be touched twice now INSTEAD of having to hold it down for 25 seconds. BTW, her choice is to drive her Infiniti which she prefers over my SC-works for me.

John
Old 08-14-11, 10:55 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

The glitch I discovered was, if you do the combo drop-the-top and start-the-car...the NEXT time you just remote-start the car, the top would also cycle.

Subsequent remote-starts functioned normally.

It only seems to do this after you do the remote-start/lower-top combo (LONG-unlock, lock, lock)

Also Solman...the run-time used to a programmable function; 5 (default), 10, or 15 minutes of run-time.

Are you saying that the DEFAULT run-time is changed from 5 to 10 minutes, or that it's no longer programmable, and factory set at 10 minutes only?
Old 08-14-11, 11:29 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

The default time is now 10 minutes. As far as I know it is still programmable, but it never came up in conversation and I do not know how to check it. I didn't even know you could program it in my first luxlink. I never had any kinks in my first luxlink that effected how I use mine. It is still the greatest mod around for our SC's.

BTW, I tried the dropping the top with the remote-then double clicked the dash button to close the roof and exit. I then went unlock-lock-lock without the long beep and the car started just fine-remotely and without dropping the top. That glitch appears to be gone. Hope this helps

John

Quick Reply: Progress on Luxlink: The Test