Voice recognition

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-12, 08:47 AM
leighv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voice recognition

All,

My main aim whilst driving my 2005 SC430 is to tell the nav unit to navigate home (more on that later).

Despite speaking loudly, softly, slowly, faster, etc, etc - if fails to ever recognise 'home'.

I get fm radio, am radio, heads up, etc, etc

Is there anyway to actually get this to work?

On the same note, read lots of apparently different hacks to disable the lock on inputting a new destination whilst driving - but none seem to work. Would appreciate some help on that also.

Thanks.
Old 10-24-12, 09:22 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Beatsonic is a CL Sponsor

There is a navigation by-pass kit you can buy from Beatsonic makes a module that works. You have to take trunk panels up install plug and play module then run 2 wire harness up to the front of car plug in there switch . Then when ever you press the switch car thinks its sitting still so you can use any features that are normaly not grayed out when car is stopped. You have about 60 seconds to make entrys then car will think its moving again. If you need more time recycle the switch. When finished return switch to normal position and all is back to normal. Works very well in my 2005. I also did a special wire cut behind navigation on one of the harness and ran both ends of the wire to a switch when i press that switch the car thinks its stopped again and any of the phone features that are grayed out when moving are now availablle . This works well. It actually is the speed sensor wire that gets cut on one of the harness plug ins

I think the voice commands will work better if you speak slower and aim your voice towards the map light that is where the mic is. I also have some voice recognition issues as well . It jhus may be a normal inadaqacy of the system
Old 10-25-12, 09:10 PM
carfromthe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leighv
All,

My main aim whilst driving my 2005 SC430 is to tell the nav unit to navigate home (more on that later).

Despite speaking loudly, softly, slowly, faster, etc, etc - if fails to ever recognise 'home'.

I get fm radio, am radio, heads up, etc, etc

Is there anyway to actually get this to work?

On the same note, read lots of apparently different hacks to disable the lock on inputting a new destination whilst driving - but none seem to work. Would appreciate some help on that also.

Thanks.
my car has voice recognition?

I usually never use my nav system, besides one time when i let me wife drive and put in some crazy address in the opposite direction, then turned it to french. she never could figure out how to turn it off or hit the close button.

2003 lexus sc430
Old 10-26-12, 11:30 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
There is a navigation by-pass kit you can buy from Beatsonic makes a module that works. You have to take trunk panels up install plug and play module then run 2 wire harness up to the front of car plug in there switch .
The value in the Beatsonic kit is that no wires need to be cut because you are using their Y-harness; it has no electronics. If you don't mind cutting a wire, you can install a two-dollar switch from Radio Shack and be able to override the NAV motion lockout.