SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 is really an attention getter!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-12, 11:51 PM
12monster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC430 is really an attention getter!

Just wanna share my experience So I finally picked up my SC this past tuesday after the suspension mods and the 20" wheels. So on Tuesday, while I was filling up the gas, a guy came over and start complimenting the SC. Wednesday, I went to Car Toys and get a quote and the installer really like the stance. Then on Thursday, when I pick up my car from Car Toys, the shop manager came to me and he said he took a picture of my car and send it to his wife to see if it's ok for him to get a SC too, and the installer told me that everybody in the shop like the SC! Today, I brought my car to car wash, and a guy with a DC4 asked if he can take photos of the SC. And tonight, when I came out of KFC, the car next to mine opened the window and she said "Nice car you got there!" This car is really an attention getter I've driven different cars before, and the most I spent on was my E30 convertible with M3 widebody kit, but it was nothing close to the attention this SC is getting!

Last edited by 12monster; 05-12-12 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-12-12, 03:39 AM
V300Graham
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We will need to see a picture of your one so, at this rate ! Sounds like she has great stance on the 20 inch wheels.
Old 05-12-12, 06:55 AM
cadzilla88
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two weeks ago my wife and I were going out to eat in our sleepy little trendy downtown area. We had just parked at the curb and gotten out of our silver SC430 and were starting to cross tthe street when this guy in a really nice pickup, driving the opposite direction, stops in the middle of the street with his window down and says, "I love your car, I want your car". My wife responds with a chuckle, "Sorry you can't have it. It's our new toy".

It is an attention getter
Old 05-12-12, 07:27 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My SC gets more attention with the top down than top up
Old 05-12-12, 08:05 AM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by V300Graham
We will need to see a picture of your one so, at this rate ! Sounds like she has great stance on the 20 inch wheels.
We definitely need pictures - sounds great! I am waiting for me new 19" Forgestar's to come in the chrome wife comment cracks me up - so fuuny!
Old 05-12-12, 11:03 PM
12monster
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

I have a silver SC too!

V300: I finally took some photos of my car today!!
cadzilla: I am enjoying my new toy as well
huy33: I think the SC look better with top up, but I like driving with top down more!!
SlvBullet: Nice, you gotta show us photos once you got the Forgestars!! So, here are the photos, enjoy!!

Attached Thumbnails SC430 is really an attention getter!-sam_0240.jpg  

Last edited by VVTiBob; 05-24-12 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Repaired his wheel screws in photo
Old 05-13-12, 06:00 AM
barncat
Lead Lap

They look great but looks like you're missing a couple of screws. Did they work loose?
Old 05-13-12, 07:34 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

I have always liked the SC430 and I would love to have one as a second car but I need size/room and thats where my LS fits nicely. But If I had an extra couple of dollars laying around, I surely would pick one of these gems up. Car just screams elegance!
Old 05-13-12, 09:20 AM
12monster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by barncat
They look great but looks like you're missing a couple of screws. Did they work loose?
I just saw that after taking the photos too! They are actually just plastic pieces for aesthetics only. I know it was missing one when I first got the wheels, I guess they are flying out one by one while I was driving
Old 05-13-12, 10:10 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 408 Likes on 358 Posts

12 monster - your car looks mighty sharp. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-13-12, 05:46 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

12monster - thanks for sharing. Your new wheels look great and your sc is very sharp. I like the tinted windows too - I have to get that done. I am also waiting for clear side markers from clear coners.
Old 05-14-12, 12:23 PM
12monster
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Harold!

SlvBullet: I like the side windows to be not too dark, otherwise they'll look odd when the top is down. I'm actually thinking of taking the front and side markers off and bring to a bodyshop to shave it to give it a sleek look, while they're doing that, probably I'll ask them to shave the antenna too. If someone cannot see a car at night because of no sidemarkers, I think they shouldn't be driving anyway =P

Last edited by 12monster; 05-14-12 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-14-12, 04:01 PM
IMXCITD
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

very sharp. howz the ride w the 20's and coilovers?
Old 05-14-12, 07:38 PM
12monster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IMXCITD
very sharp. howz the ride w the 20's and coilovers?
Thanks!! The coilovers actually ride very smooth, I was skeptical about it at first when I saw people post reviews about their Megan coilovers, just coz people tends to say good things about what they bought, but actually I agree with them. The coilovers are smooth on freeways and streets, but if there are bumps and/or irregularities, they can be quite harsh and you'll hear a big "thunk", which won't be heard as loud in the stock suspension. My friend has a ride with me and he love the ride of the SC, and I told him it's actually on coilovers, the stock suspension is a lot softer and it feels like you're on a boat. I had the H&R lowering springs for a day and it's almost like stock spring soft, so I went with coilovers. As for the 20s, they ride so much better than the stock 18s, coz the stock fronts are still RFTs. My tires are actually beefier than they should. When these tires are done, I'll get thinner and a tad narrower tires with 245/30/20 & 275/30/20

So today, I went to get a quote on shaving the front and rear sidemarkers. They actually told me that because the bumpers are plastic, they'll expand and contract, which cracks will eventually appear around the filler. Steel or fiberglass will have no problem. I think I'll save up some money and get a body kit instead then

Then later today, a lady drove by my car at the parking lot and opened the window and asked me what car is it and said it's very sporty. It's cool that people see "Lexus" as "sporty" I was thinking about debadging the rear emblems before, I guess I'll just leave them alone, otherwise I'll keep telling people what car it is again and again
Old 05-24-12, 09:12 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SC still looks great after all these years

Quick Reply: SC430 is really an attention getter!