SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

I did it! My new SC430 PB! Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-12, 07:23 AM
Natalie777
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I did it! My new SC430 PB! Pics!!

Hi boys (well, the majority),

I'm not as active on here as I should be. I scope it out every once in awhile, to keep up with the body kits, the new gadgets, and all the other fun stuff. I'm a huge car fanatic. Mostly though, I log in to solve problems for my SC400, shame on me, I know.

It was always my dream to rebuild my 400. It runs fine, still drives great, and gives me no problems, even with all her miles. She drove me from Chicago to Rockville, MD with well over 300k...problem free. I am a proud, proud owner of the SC400. Unfortunately, she's full of rust on the body, although her interior is mostly in great condition (replaced her seats in 2009).

And now I can say I've got two!

I always wanted the 430. It's been my dream since I first laid eyes on it when I was 16 (LOL, shush it, I know what you're thinking!). I've always wanted the blue on saddle.... but when I saw the 2005 Pebble Beach red on black, the black headlights, the red door plates, I was swept off my feet. If the SC430 was a man, I'd marry him in a heartbeat (or throw myself on him, whichever you want to imagine)! Such a wow factor , completely fits my wild and classy personality, and well, it's just me. I thought to myself, "I gotta have it."

It took a lot of hard work and sacrifices to get it, and I only drive it on the weekends- I pack the miles on the 400 for work. It's funny because sometimes people will smirk at me when they see me pull up in a SC400 full of rust on its booty, but little do they know what I have waiting for me at home!

So here she is (all pics in random order).... I named her the Rare Rose...40k miles, 2005, came with Lexus car cover and three sets of new mats, always serviced at Lexus with all records, no accidents, clean and immaculate...my biggest life decision (aside from my move, haha)! And thanks to Brian (in the sky!) for guiding me!

With my boyfriends Tahoe behind it. I named his car the White Unicorn (lmao)

and here with his Chevelle! Her name is Lucille (yes, BB King)

Old giving life to the new!! The boyfriend doesn't trust Auto Headlights (obviously, he's never owned a Lexus!!) and he drained the battery when he accidently turned it to ON from Auto... dummy!

Mileage on my SC400 before it hit 320k

Original window sticker

Crazy!

Old 04-06-12, 07:30 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I cant believe you broke 300k with the SC

Nice car collection you have going on

so last pic....Is he saying jeez this isnt like my toy...how does one work on this car
Old 04-06-12, 07:41 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

congrats on the car! wait till the weather gets warmer. I guarantee you will love the car even more. I love your red interior. I'd trade colors with you in a hearbeat.

Last edited by IcEnPinKi; 04-06-12 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-06-12, 07:52 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Sando???

This is Joshua Jarvis from FB...we've never met in person, but share the same passion for Lexus. So glad to see you achieved your dream. Very sharp looking SC!!!!

I really hope it's you...how crazy would that be???
Old 04-06-12, 07:56 AM
Natalie777
Driver School Candidate

Hey Joshua! Yeah its me! Finally!!!! And thanks everyone!! and I'm daydreaming for warm weather now!!
Old 04-06-12, 08:00 AM
kjcole
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We share your joy! Nice job on the 400 - these cars can make it a long way down the road with proper care!
Old 04-06-12, 08:05 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Natalie777
Hey Joshua! Yeah its me! Finally!!!! And thanks everyone!! and I'm daydreaming for warm weather now!!
That's too crazy! I'm so happy for you! I too am awaiting warmer weather and a few good rains to remove the rest of the salt on the roads before she leaves her comfy room in the garage.

I have a few updating plans for her this year...let's see...oh yes...here's the list:

-LuxLink install
-Satin Black or Caron Fiber roof
-Drilled/Slotted rotors/w ceramic pads
-2006 tails
-Strut brace

That "might" be it for this year. I really don't have too much more planned for her as I just want to keep in new condition as she is, with a few upgrades here and there.

Maybe one day we can organize an SC430 event and finally get a chance to meet...

Anyway...great buy and...again...very happy for you!
Old 04-06-12, 10:07 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Natalie, welcome to the forum as a SC430 owner now. I have to agree, 320kmi is quite the achievement for the SC300. Your SC430 is a sharp looking car for sure. Rare Rose ought to serve you well and give you many years of enjoyment. You'll find that a lot of us on this forum consider it to be the best car we've ever owned.

Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy finding out all the little features as time goes on also. It is always a bit of an adventure to run across something new in the car that you didn't know about before.
Old 04-06-12, 01:35 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Three sets of floor mats? If they're all Pebble Beach floor mats then wow! What will it take for me to buy one from you?

That and another PB wohoo!!!
Old 04-06-12, 04:30 PM
05SC430PB
Rookie

Default Congrats Natalie!

I bought my 05 PB this past February. 40k miles too! And I too have 3 sets of PB floormats! and a Lexus Car Cover... We could be twins... LOL

I saw yours when it was listed on Ebay in NJ. I was told by the Porsche dealer selling my PB "oh they are very rare you will be hard pressed to find another." I bought mine and the next week yours hit ebay. Same car, same miles... So much for rare? LOL

Enjoy it! I have driven mine twice and enjoyed it very much. I am sure the summer I will start racking up the miles.

Last edited by 05SC430PB; 04-06-12 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-06-12, 04:47 PM
barncat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too am a new sc430 owner and love the car so far. Getting rid of the run-flats and changing rims. Come on summer!
Old 04-06-12, 08:39 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CONGRATS! Every time I drive mine I have a smile that is hard to wipe off! I am sure you will love it for years.

Old 04-07-12, 01:15 AM
Swishh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! You picked a gorgeous 430!!! I am jealous of your interior!
Old 04-07-12, 09:27 AM
Natalie777
Driver School Candidate

Thank you, everyone! The car came with Michelin Pilots, so very smooth ride. I am looking to do tasteful and classy mods in the future, but my boyfriend says its beautiful as it is- of course, everyone wants to do something to make it their own!

05SC430PB, that is crazy! Yes, it was the one listed on ebay in NJ. They guy who sold it was very cool and honest, and we just felt a really good vibe from him. We still keep in touch (obviously, he's got nothing to hide). When I initially showed interest in the car back by the end of February, he asked if I wanted to leave a deposit. I told him, "Nah. If the car is for me, then it's for me. Nothing will work out with other buyers naturally." And he was like, "I believe in that too!"

Ended up being mine! haha. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday (so nice out out here in DC!) and an even better holiday!
Old 04-07-12, 09:35 AM
KBALL
Pole Position

Love the car, but that lima bean garage color...

And 320k on your SC, gets me excited about years more driving pleasure for not much money as my 430 now has 177k

Quick Reply: I did it! My new SC430 PB! Pics!!