SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Suspension upgrade completed

Old 03-22-12, 07:32 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Suspension upgrade completed

First I added the Cusco strut tower brace. The difference was very noticable and I notice better stability and less lean on curves. DIY was very easy and the oem bolt caps fit right over the brackets.

2nd was replacing the stock rear member braces with the billet aluminum braces from L-Tuners (Carlon Lexus). I really couldn't tell much difference (yet) but they look much better.

I had a shop replace the front and rear sway bar, steering, and front control arm bushings with the upgrades from Daizen. Everything feels a bit tighter. I did have some side wear on all tires and the Daizen writeup attributes that problem typically to the control arm bushings on the sc around 50k miles. I want to go to the track a bit just to feel more speed and test handling on a road course and this upgrade made sense.

Lastly lowered about 1" with the Tanabe normal feel lowering springs. Looks great with less wheel gap and the handling improved more than with the Cusco alone.

Last edited by SlvBullet; 03-23-12 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-22-12, 07:49 PM
bacardi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

were did you get the sway-bars?
Old 03-22-12, 08:15 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry - I only found the bushings at TM Engineering.
Old 03-23-12, 02:11 AM
Swishh
Driver School Candidate

Do you have any pics of the billet aluminum braces from iTuners?
Old 03-23-12, 07:51 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Cusco strut bars, thought nothing fit our SC's
Old 03-23-12, 07:27 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Swishh
Do you have any pics of the billet aluminum braces from iTuners?
Yes - came in black powder paint and I repainted red to match the Tanabe springs.

http://l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2486
Attached Thumbnails Suspension upgrade completed-l-tunedbrace.jpg   Suspension upgrade completed-l-tunedbraceplate.jpg  
Old 03-23-12, 07:52 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

well I actually found a model in Japan at http://www.nengun.com/ by searching for the Toyota Soarer 4.0GT - UZZ32. It had a different design that the Cusco I have seen advertised in the US and it fit like a glove. I will post a picture. I don't see one now at their website but the communicate in English so you can write them. The handling improved greatly with the strut tower bar.
Old 03-27-12, 07:11 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Default Cusco Strut tower brace pictures

Bar is engraved with logo, it is not a sticker. You can disconnect one end to raise the bar when you need to work on the engine. Great performance.
Attached Thumbnails Suspension upgrade completed-slvbullet_engccomp_mar2012.jpg   Suspension upgrade completed-slvbullet_cusco_mar2012.jpg   Suspension upgrade completed-slvbullet_cuscobrace_mar2012.jpg  
Old 03-27-12, 07:18 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice how much was that? So your saying you did get a sway bar upgrade or not? I havent ever found them in stock especially not from Daizon to TMEngineering
Old 03-27-12, 07:25 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by robertrios
nice how much was that? So your saying you did get a sway bar upgrade or not? I havent ever found them in stock especially not from Daizon to TMEngineering
was about $200 + ~$60 shipping from Japan but came really fast. All the suppliers I tried in the US said 2-3 month delay and at least from their pictures seemed like a different model.

No new sways - still have the stock sway bars - only upgraded the bushing - Daizen from TM Engineering. I wrote TM several times to see if they knew a source but they didn't answer. I did get a response from Japan about a TRD sway bar but it was pretty pricy ... about 500 if i remember ... so I'll keep the stock with the new bushings.
Old 03-28-12, 12:40 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
was about $200 + ~$60 shipping from Japan but came really fast. All the suppliers I tried in the US said 2-3 month delay and at least from their pictures seemed like a different model.

No new sways - still have the stock sway bars - only upgraded the bushing - Daizen from TM Engineering. I wrote TM several times to see if they knew a source but they didn't answer. I did get a response from Japan about a TRD sway bar but it was pretty pricy ... about 500 if i remember ... so I'll keep the stock with the new bushings.
Mate, can you post the details on the TRD Sway Bar? The Daizens are NLA and I am looking to source better sway bars.
Old 03-28-12, 01:26 AM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harleydjce
Mate, can you post the details on the TRD Sway Bar? The Daizens are NLA and I am looking to source better sway bars.
X2... I would do anything for swaybars
Old 03-28-12, 05:32 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
well I actually found a model in Japan at http://www.nengun.com/ by searching for the Toyota Soarer 4.0GT - UZZ32. It had a different design that the Cusco I have seen advertised in the US and it fit like a glove. I will post a picture. I don't see one now at their website but the communicate in English so you can write them. The handling improved greatly with the strut tower bar.
I don;t see anything but some "Cusco Drift ****" I want the tower bar too
Old 03-28-12, 09:59 AM
VegasSC430
Rookie

Which Tanabe springs did you buy? I can't find any for the SC430
Old 03-28-12, 10:01 AM
VegasSC430
Rookie

nevermind, I found them for 02-04. Nothing for the '05 though

Search this Thread