SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

PPE Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-11, 07:11 PM
deathstar
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPE Headers?

Look like the only headers available for the SC are from PPE, yet there website says backordered. From previous posts there was a big group buy back in april this year yet I can't find any discussion of what the results were
what's up with the PPE headers? are they junk and crack like the S&S headers, or just don't have the gains they promissed of 20 WHP?
I can't get anyone from PPE to email me back on what's going on with the backorder?
Old 11-12-11, 09:10 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by deathstar
Look like the only headers available for the SC are from PPE, yet there website says backordered. From previous posts there was a big group buy back in april this year yet I can't find any discussion of what the results were
what's up with the PPE headers? are they junk and crack like the S&S headers, or just don't have the gains they promissed of 20 WHP?
I can't get anyone from PPE to email me back on what's going on with the backorder?
Hi,
Right now we are building them to order. It takes around 5-10 business days to build them and coat them for you. Right now it would be closer to the 5 days turn around..

Ours are completely different than the S&S design. We have a local customer with them on their car for over 30,000 miles and no cracking. (no one else has complained about cracking either)
Our Dyno testing was done ln an LS430, which has the same stock manifolds as the SC and GS430, so gains should be similar.

I don't recall seeing an email from you, but you can send another or PM me if you like.

-Paul
Old 11-13-11, 07:02 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

From everything i've read PPE engineering is legit quality.
Old 11-13-11, 12:44 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

PPE is legit. When my SS headers crack they wil be replaced with the PPE units
Old 11-13-11, 03:58 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by GammaLex
PPE is legit. When my SS headers crack they wil be replaced with the PPE units
IMHO, PPE is the premier supplier for Lexus Headers

Lou
Old 11-13-11, 04:28 PM
deathstar
Driver

thats cool, what about feedback from owners that actually bought during the group buy, i can't find any with the search
Old 11-13-11, 09:11 PM
AusTexLex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PPEHeaders
Hi,
Right now we are building them to order. It takes around 5-10 business days to build them and coat them for you. Right now it would be closer to the 5 days turn around..

Ours are completely different than the S&S design. We have a local customer with them on their car for over 30,000 miles and no cracking. (no one else has complained about cracking either)
Our Dyno testing was done ln an LS430, which has the same stock manifolds as the SC and GS430, so gains should be similar.

I don't recall seeing an email from you, but you can send another or PM me if you like.

-Paul
Can you please tell me what will be involved with fitting your headers on my 2008 SC430? I read on your website that welding will be involved?

Thank you.
Old 11-13-11, 11:41 PM
bsprelude
Driver School Candidate

I have a set of their PPE SC430 headers on my car and I can only say amazing things about the product craftsmanship, design, and their customer service!

Baljeet in Phoenix, AZ
Old 11-14-11, 12:26 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

paul at ppe makes some great stuff, quality is good. i cant personally comment on anything else since i bought a set for my gs430 from the group buy (which should fit the sc430/ls430) but \ since i also bought a motor mount kit to install a LS swap i wont be installing them. have the black coated headers, flexible couplers, o2 wiring extension harness, and OEM gaskets to install if interested OP PM me....

also none of the gs430 or gs400 guys are complaining about anything....their was a minor issue with one of the headers not fitting right but paul recalled all them, re-worked his jig and remade the headers for free for all of us....
Old 11-14-11, 08:06 AM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Originally Posted by AusTexLex
Can you please tell me what will be involved with fitting your headers on my 2008 SC430? I read on your website that welding will be involved?

Thank you.
There is no welding needed on the SC430 headers they are bolt-on. The SC400 requires welding because the stock manifolds where too short to make a bolt on version.
Old 11-14-11, 10:06 AM
sprcarrera
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

These look awesome. Are they legal in California?
Old 11-15-11, 09:01 AM
edmondt
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to buy a set too, I'm in Toronto Canada.

Wondering if it includes the manifolds...
Old 11-16-11, 07:58 AM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Originally Posted by sprcarrera
These look awesome. Are they legal in California?
If used with the stock cats, they should pass any California emissions testing, but they are not CARB approved for street use in CA.
Old 11-18-11, 09:44 AM
edmondt
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can we start a group buy? I'm ready to pay for one actually
Old 11-21-11, 09:17 PM
AusTexLex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PPEHeaders
There is no welding needed on the SC430 headers they are bolt-on. The SC400 requires welding because the stock manifolds where too short to make a bolt on version.
What's required for install? Does the engine have to be lifted off the motor mounts? Trying to get an idea of install time/cost. Thanks!

Quick Reply: PPE Headers?