SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Thinking of Selling my 2009 SC 430 Pebble Beach

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-11, 05:23 PM
morning132
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
G37C "looks" EXTREMELY nice, I am guessing you haven't drive one yet? The refinement level is world's apart from our SC430, they are in totally different league. Go drive one, you won't like it anymore if you are currently drive a SC430.

Also Nissan cars in general don't age well at all, another huge difference to the legendary SC430. A 50k miles G37C feels like a 250k miles SC430. My sister in law 50k miles 05' G35 is falling apart, clunking and rattling like a rust bucket, I can only imagine how much worse it is if the top is removable. The car was ok with less then 40k miles.
ALL who have posted regarding the G37C. I actually have looked at them. When I looked at the interior, I must say it was "inferior". It just did not seem to compare with the "class" of a Lexus. The ONLY vehicle that I really seriously have considered as a replacement for my SC is the SLK350. Beautiful car. BUT, after reading through so many of the posts in this forum, I have reached the conclusion that I am fortunate to have the SC and should probably keep it!

Thanks to all of you for your posts. I really appreciate it. If any of you see a Luxlink for sale, I would very much appreciate your emailing me at morning132@aol.com just in case I happen to miss it when reading posts.
Old 09-08-11, 07:59 AM
morning132
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 76210Guy
Unless someone has one for sale you are out of luck. The run that was just done is gone. I purchased one and had it installed by JP Importz in Garland - amazing guy, Jason, even took his free Sunday to do my install. If you find a LLink, he'd be the one to see. He did mine, Huy and Derek's this past week. can't say enough about him and his business.
Did you and others have the rear window and alarm mods installed as well?

Thanks.
Old 09-08-11, 02:16 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by morning132
Did you and others have the rear window and alarm mods installed as well?

Thanks.
I opted not to. I have the remote start and the top. My car very rarely ever is outside except in a locked valet covered lot and in my garage. The rear window mod just didn't make a difference to me.
Old 09-08-11, 02:29 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 76210Guy
I opted not to. I have the remote start and the top. My car very rarely ever is outside except in a locked valet covered lot and in my garage. The rear window mod just didn't make a difference to me.
I opted out of the alarm upgrade also, my car is rarely ever parked in any type of unsafe environments, so I feel the extra aftermarket shock sensor would add more hassle then benefit for me.

I was 50/50 on the quarter window control as well, I didn't think it would offer much benefit. I got it at the end for a little fun and it is proved to be more fun then I imagined. But yeah it doesn't really do much and it does create some inconveniences as well.

Last edited by BNR34; 09-09-11 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-08-11, 06:22 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm how does it create inconvenience?
Old 09-09-11, 09:18 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by robertrios
hmm how does it create inconvenience?
one inconvenience I encountered the other day was, I opened my driver side window a little bit at a time to get just the right amount of air flow, so I hit the down button 3 times...........then that opened the rear windows. But my passenger side front window is still fully closed. The rubber seals on the quarter windows are not designed for the quarter window to open before the front window, it would tear it up if you do this a lot.

Then of course once you operate the quarter window, the top won't work until you restart the car.
Old 09-10-11, 07:31 AM
Rwwlaw24
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BNR34
G37C "looks" EXTREMELY nice, I am guessing you haven't drive one yet? The refinement level is world's apart from our SC430, they are in totally different league. Go drive one, you won't like it anymore if you are currently drive a SC430.

Also Nissan cars in general don't age well at all, another huge difference to the legendary SC430. A 50k miles G37C feels like a 250k miles SC430. My sister in law 50k miles 05' G35 is falling apart, clunking and rattling like a rust bucket, I can only imagine how much worse it is if the top is removable. The car was ok with less then 40k miles.
Agreed, feels cheap inside and rides rough. Was not impressed. Even worse I was ready to buy that day but walked out. They tried hard to deal but I just had no interest. Rode worse than my M3 but felt nothing like it.
Old 09-10-11, 10:24 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rwwlaw24
Agreed, feels cheap inside and rides rough. Was not impressed. Even worse I was ready to buy that day but walked out. They tried hard to deal but I just had no interest. Rode worse than my M3 but felt nothing like it.
It is a cheaply made low quality car dressed up to look fancy and aggressive with a lower price to fool people that don't look below the surface. It is a fabulous car if you never plan to drive it.

That sums up the G35/G37 series
Old 09-12-11, 01:26 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by talison24
Not sure about the Pebble Beach, but according to Edmunds the base car's average selling prices are $42, $45, and $48 for wholesale, private party and dealer retail for your mileage and in outstanding condition. Also, never, never, never listen to a car dealer in regards to pricing. Do your own research.
Great advice, a dealer will only try to steal it in trade-in and then make 8k in profit when selling for retail.
Old 06-01-13, 08:04 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

They are out there, you just have to be diligent about looking for them. Check the usual spots like cars.com, AutoTrader.com and the Club Lexus classifieds (amongst the many other search sites).

Also be sure to check out the stickie at the top of this forum that gives advice on what to look for when buying a SC430.

Good luck and keep us aprised.
Old 06-01-13, 09:22 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you have a great looking car. drive it till it stops and enjoy the ride. mine is 2002 looks great runs great and its the last car I will own hopefully.
Old 06-01-13, 12:28 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Every time I get the new car itch I keep coming back. Happens every year or so but once I start looking and test driving, the refinement isn't the same as the SC430.

Yup... staying with it.
Old 06-02-13, 09:49 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread is two years old. If he decided to sell his car, I'm sure it's long gone already. Also, if you're looking to buy a car, you should post in the classified section. Those types of posts aren't allowed in the main forum. And personally, I wouldn't give out your contact information over an open forum. It's better to contact people through private messages first.
Old 06-06-13, 06:51 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bob, If you want to buy a car, check the classifieds. You're replying to a two year old thread. And if you check the original poster's history, you'll see she already sold her car over a year ago.
Old 08-18-13, 11:07 PM
isseps
Driver School Candidate

Prices are not going down. I was looking for a white color, the dealer in Newport Beach, CA. called me at 10 AM and by the time I got there at 2:00 PM it was sold. It was a 2005 with 45K miles and they got $35K for it. Yesterday I bought a 2004 with 20K miles for $27K. It's like new.

Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling my 2009 SC 430 Pebble Beach