SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Thinking of Selling my 2009 SC 430 Pebble Beach

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-11, 01:29 AM
morning132
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by huy33
It would be wrong for any individual to own TWO 09 PB at once. The local Lexus dealer is trying to see a certified 09 PB with 30.5k miles for $48k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...mZ370536498088
OMG!! It would be a sin to allow a Texan to own two 09 PB's! BTW, I am not a Texas city girl! I live in the country between Maypearl and Waxahachie. Bet you did not expect an SC430 owner to be a country girl! Take care.
Old 09-03-11, 01:32 AM
morning132
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rwwlaw24
Keep what you have!
Appreciate your advice. I was actually thinking of purchasing the 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK350. Love the way it looks. But, heck, probably going to mass produce those and it will be just one of many you see on the road!
Old 09-03-11, 01:48 AM
morning132
Driver School Candidate

It would be wrong for any individual to own TWO 09 PB at once. The local Lexus dealer is trying to see a certified 09 PB with 30.5k miles for $48k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...mZ370536498088
Looked at your link. I was actually at Sewell Lexus this past Saturday and saw that very car. I was checking out the IS convertible. The IS did not impress me at all. My SC is identical to the one at Sewell other than the addition I had Lexus add for the iPod connection. Yes, even at my age, I enjoy all of the latest technology (iPhone, iPad, Nano, iTouch, MAC). I love it all! I could not "run" each day without listening to my music! Sewell is an excellent Lexus dealer!
Old 09-03-11, 05:46 AM
KBALL
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting dilemma. Thats why buying these cars used seems to make so much sense...kinda takes the resale component of the buy decision off the table...or at least puts it much further down the list.

I've had my '03 14 months and already put on 19k. Hope to put on about 100k more. At which point it would have about 270k and i wonder if i could get even $8,000. If you love the car and driving experience, you could always sell it and get an earlier model year for about 1/2 the cost and pocket the diff.
Old 09-03-11, 06:17 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by morning132
Looked at your link. I was actually at Sewell Lexus this past Saturday and saw that very car. I was checking out the IS convertible. The IS did not impress me at all. My SC is identical to the one at Sewell other than the addition I had Lexus add for the iPod connection. Yes, even at my age, I enjoy all of the latest technology (iPhone, iPad, Nano, iTouch, MAC). I love it all! I could not "run" each day without listening to my music! Sewell is an excellent Lexus dealer!
A lot of us in the DFW area go to Sewell too even though Park Place is a lot closer. I was curious where in TX you were at since there's another 09 PB in North Dallas and I've been chasing her down trying to say "Hi" but she keeps getting away.
Old 09-03-11, 08:49 AM
morning132
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KBALL
Interesting dilemma. Thats why buying these cars used seems to make so much sense...kinda takes the resale component of the buy decision off the table...or at least puts it much further down the list.

I've had my '03 14 months and already put on 19k. Hope to put on about 100k more. At which point it would have about 270k and i wonder if i could get even $8,000. If you love the car and driving experience, you could always sell it and get an earlier model year for about 1/2 the cost and pocket the diff.
Thanks for your response and the idea that I could sell, buy another one, and pocket some cash.

Yes, I have given much thought to the fact that you can buy older SCs and still have the same car. Mileage is a concern to me so I would try to find the SC with the least mileage. I think the navigation systems have been updated periodically. Although, not a big deal. I typically use my iPhone navigation.

It does bother me a little that the technology in the SC is outdated, but not all that much. Okay, I will admit that I would love to have some of the features the new vehicles have today. I wish there was a way to have the ambient lighting in my SC430.

I do not know what others have done to enhance the beauty of the SC. I have the standard PB. Do any of you have suggestions? I was wondering if I should replace the PB wheels, etc. I could really use some help with this issue.

Thanks!
Old 09-03-11, 09:04 AM
morning132
Driver School Candidate

A lot of us in the DFW area go to Sewell too even though Park Place is a lot closer. I was curious where in TX you were at since there's another 09 PB in North Dallas and I've been chasing her down trying to say "Hi" but she keeps getting away.
Guess you missed my post as to my location. I had a house built on some acreage out in the country in Ellis County. Very quiet. The Lexus dealerships are all at least an hour's drive from my home. Lexus has been good to come out to my house when necessary, pick up my previously owned cars, and bring me a loaner. Never had to do anything like that with the SC430.

You will laugh....one issue that my other Lexus vehicles had was that the battery would go dead because I rarely drove them. I would forget to even go out and start the car! Just really busy working during that time I owned those cars. After they were a couple of years old, I would sell them with 5,000 - 6,000 miles on them. I have, of course, driven the SC430 more and hope to retire and drive it ALL OF THE TIME!

So, no, not the lady in North Dallas. Hope you can catch her one day!

Have you done anything to enhance your SC430 (interior/exterior)? Just looking for suggestions?
Old 09-03-11, 11:45 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Guess you missed my post as to my location. I had a house built on some acreage out in the country in Ellis County. Very quiet. The Lexus dealerships are all at least an hour's drive from my home. Lexus has been good to come out to my house when necessary, pick up my previously owned cars, and bring me a loaner. Never had to do anything like that with the SC430.

You will laugh....one issue that my other Lexus vehicles had was that the battery would go dead because I rarely drove them. I would forget to even go out and start the car! Just really busy working during that time I owned those cars. After they were a couple of years old, I would sell them with 5,000 - 6,000 miles on them. I have, of course, driven the SC430 more and hope to retire and drive it ALL OF THE TIME!

So, no, not the lady in North Dallas. Hope you can catch her one day!

Have you done anything to enhance your SC430 (interior/exterior)? Just looking for suggestions?
No, I read the post about your location. I was just saying why I was curious about where you lived. The only thing I've done to enhance mine is add the aluminum pedals, VAIS Ipod Connector (the dealer probably added this to yours already), and just had the Luxlink installed. I'm on the edge about installing the Injen Intake. Not totally sure if I want to do it. Aside from tint, that's about it so nothing major. I like the 09 PB just the way that they are so no need to change it up or else I would have just gotten a non PB.
Old 09-03-11, 03:47 PM
morning132
Driver School Candidate

No, I read the post about your location. I was just saying why I was curious about where you lived. The only thing I've done to enhance mine is add the aluminum pedals, VAIS Ipod Connector (the dealer probably added this to yours already), and just had the Luxlink installed. I'm on the edge about installing the Injen Intake. Not totally sure if I want to do it. Aside from tint, that's about it so nothing major. I like the 09 PB just the way that they are so no need to change it up or else I would have just gotten a non PB.
I live between Waxahachie and Maypearl. Do you remember the SuperConducting SuperCollider government project which Clinton & Congress shut down in 1993 after investing $2 billion? Huge tunnel around here and hope I am NOT sitting on part of it! The government gave the land to Ellis County and I bought some of it. It is same exit as Scarborough Faire Renaissance festival. I hate the fact that our government forced families off of their farms to conduct this experiment.

You have been a tremendous help! I had no idea about the Luxlink. I just thought no option. Where did you get it installed? $$$? I do not know anything about Injen intake either. Nor, the aluminum petals. True, I guess PB is nice the way it is, but have heard/read about others saying SC's need different wheels, etc.

Thank you so much for telling me about the options. Let me know where for Luxlink.
Old 09-04-11, 04:52 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have a PB, but one option that I installed was a back-up camera. Works with the Nav screen. I love it, and so does she. The injen intake will give you a growling sound when you step on it. Didn't help the gas mileage, because we both are always stepping on it, to hear that sound. The aluminum pedals really set off the interior. We also have a wind screen, took it off for the winter and haven't put it back on so far this year. I also have the luxlink, but it's not installed yet, just got it last week. Looking forward to that getting done.

Last edited by SteadyEddy; 09-04-11 at 04:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-05-11, 10:52 AM
morning132
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
I don't have a PB, but one option that I installed was a back-up camera. Works with the Nav screen. I love it, and so does she. The injen intake will give you a growling sound when you step on it. Didn't help the gas mileage, because we both are always stepping on it, to hear that sound. The aluminum pedals really set off the interior. We also have a wind screen, took it off for the winter and haven't put it back on so far this year. I also have the luxlink, but it's not installed yet, just got it last week. Looking forward to that getting done.
Thanks for your response! I have had the backup camera on two previous Lexus vehicles I have owned. Nice feature. I am going to look at the aluminum petals. I am not sure where to get Luxlink nor where to have it installed. I am little apprehensive about anyone installing something on my Lexus unless a Lexus dealer.
Old 09-05-11, 11:48 AM
KBALL
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgive me...but if you want to or are thinking about getting rid of it, why put money into it?
Seems money could be better spent on next vehicle.
Old 09-05-11, 02:47 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your response! I have had the backup camera on two previous Lexus vehicles I have owned. Nice feature. I am going to look at the aluminum petals. I am not sure where to get Luxlink nor where to have it installed. I am little apprehensive about anyone installing something on my Lexus unless a Lexus dealer.
Hi 132,

I cannot speak for any Lexus dealer, but I do believe that it is the current policy of both Lexus & Toyota to not install anything that is not a factory part or factory option.

When asking, so far that has been the response.

Jerry Baumchen
Old 09-05-11, 02:50 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
If not, enjoy your car and know it's the second best car Lexus has ever made.
Second best? What is the #1 best?
Old 09-05-11, 04:38 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JerryB
Hi 132,

I cannot speak for any Lexus dealer, but I do believe that it is the current policy of both Lexus & Toyota to not install anything that is not a factory part or factory option.

When asking, so far that has been the response.

Jerry Baumchen
Sewell Lexus in Dallas installed my VAIS ipod connector. They gave me a 1 year warranty on parts and labor only if I bought the VAIS through them. If I bought my own (which would be cheaper), I had no warranty.

They said no to the intake and the Luxlink. Not sure sure about the aluminum pedals since that's such an easy job.

Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling my 2009 SC 430 Pebble Beach