SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Progress on Luxlink: The Test

Old 08-21-11, 06:19 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i thought the qtr window part looked hardest, Mandy you need to jump on one of the last one lefts...luxlink is going to be AWESOME
Old 08-22-11, 06:49 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by robertrios
i thought the qtr window part looked hardest, Mandy you need to jump on one of the last one lefts...luxlink is going to be AWESOME
Mandy, if you do want one, don't wait, call Steve now. I think is all spoken for, but you never know.

It doesn't sounds like he will make anymore after this batch, it is A LOT of hassle for him to do this.
Old 08-22-11, 09:33 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Steve called today and wanted to keep my SC another day. Talk about complication-his engineer has more than 50 pages of programming for this unit. He found the glitch which was a matter of timing in the sequence. He is keeping my car an extra day to try more combinations to safeguard that there are no other glitches. This system is easy to use, but extremely complicated in working with all the Lexus safeguards, in terms of the design of the product. He wants to be sure that no unit will have to come back.

I do know that he has 100 cases, but just 43 units. The cases are actually cheaper by the 100. I'm a little bit optimistic in that Steve will not commit to being out of units, I know that he has 43 units and they are sold. Maybe he plans on a few more, but did not confide that to me.

He gave me the history of luxlink today, which was quite interesting. He started selling units in 03 and was active with dealers. His unit then was priced at $750 and were being sold by some dealers for $2500, where Steve would go to do the installs himself. Of course, back then some folks were paying north of $80K for the SC!

Given the above facts, I would say Steve will get a top quality product out this week. Worth the wait, and hey ask those owners from the early days-you're getting a bargain!

John (I miss my SC-Hey, I'm taking one for the team)
Old 08-23-11, 12:47 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Solman
Steve called today and wanted to keep my SC another day. Talk about complication-his engineer has more than 50 pages of programming for this unit. He found the glitch which was a matter of timing in the sequence. He is keeping my car an extra day to try more combinations to safeguard that there are no other glitches. This system is easy to use, but extremely complicated in working with all the Lexus safeguards, in terms of the design of the product. He wants to be sure that no unit will have to come back.

I do know that he has 100 cases, but just 43 units. The cases are actually cheaper by the 100. I'm a little bit optimistic in that Steve will not commit to being out of units, I know that he has 43 units and they are sold. Maybe he plans on a few more, but did not confide that to me.

He gave me the history of luxlink today, which was quite interesting. He started selling units in 03 and was active with dealers. His unit then was priced at $750 and were being sold by some dealers for $2500, where Steve would go to do the installs himself. Of course, back then some folks were paying north of $80K for the SC!

Given the above facts, I would say Steve will get a top quality product out this week. Worth the wait, and hey ask those owners from the early days-you're getting a bargain!

John (I miss my SC-Hey, I'm taking one for the team)
The team thanks you John.
Old 08-23-11, 10:41 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
The team thanks you John.
Hey I helped too!

My car is the 2nd test car for this new batch of units, John's car being the 1st. I am using it for 3 days now and so far found zero glitches.

Ed, I like to thank you for telling me about this new production run. Without you emailing me, I might not have a LuxLink today.
Old 08-23-11, 10:45 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Solman
wow, now that made me feel good!

I believe it, since dealer normally charges $2500 for $250 worth of chrome plating on wheels.
Old 08-23-11, 01:35 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Originally Posted by BNR34
Hey I helped too!

My car is the 2nd test car for this new batch of units, John's car being the 1st. I am using it for 3 days now and so far found zero glitches.

Ed, I like to thank you for telling me about this new production run. Without you emailing me, I might not have a LuxLink today.
Jeff, glad to be of service. And we thank you also for volunteering your SC for our Luxlinks.
Old 08-23-11, 02:25 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Jeff, glad to be of service. And we thank you also for volunteering your SC for our Luxlinks.
Thank you and you are welcome
Old 08-24-11, 02:14 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Steve from Luxury Motorworks just called to confirm I found zero glitches from my few days of using the LuxLink, which I found it to be operating perfectly.

He told me he found zero issue on John's car also.

Looks like his testing is completed and all of you that have bought one will be receiving your unit shortly.
Old 08-24-11, 02:30 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Thanks for the update. Glad everything went well! I'll start watching the mail.
Old 08-24-11, 04:05 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wohooo!!! Depending on who he ships with, the mailman/UPS/Fedex person better watch out. I'm going to bug the crap out of him/her.

Also, some folks bought multiple units. It's going to be hard to get them to give it up though.
Old 08-24-11, 04:37 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Originally Posted by huy33
Wohooo!!! Depending on who he ships with, the mailman/UPS/Fedex person better watch out. I'm going to bug the crap out of him/her.

Also, some folks bought multiple units. It's going to be hard to get them to give it up though.
I bet money talks and bull**** walks.
Old 08-24-11, 05:04 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the update. Glad everything went well! I'll start watching the mail.
No problem Ed, I figure you guys would want to hear the latest update since you guys waited for so long. I would
Old 08-24-11, 05:07 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

haha......yeah, enough money can buy anything.

Someone asked me if I want to sell my SC430 a few days ago when I was washing it, I said sure if you offer me enough money for me to give it up, but I love this thing.

I'll just go buy a lower mileage one, I have yet to find a better car I want at this price.
Old 08-25-11, 07:12 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Agreed.

Before Steve announced this final production run, JohnnyCake had (has?) a standing "If you're selling, I'm buying" LuxLink ad here in the classifieds.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Progress on Luxlink: The Test