SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Flat Tire Kit - What's In Your Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-11, 06:03 PM
jasone36
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Exclamation Flat Tire Kit - What's In Your Kit?

After purchasing an SC430 and realizing it came with standard (non-runflat) tires, I quickly came to the realization that I'm also missing the spare tire. After looking at spare tire prices and how much space they take up, I have tentatively decided to put together a "Flat Tire Kit" instead of getting a spare, just to get to closest tire place.

So far in my kit I have:

Two "Fix A Flat" containers (largest size I could find)
One air compressor to put air in tire (plugs into cigarette lighter)

What else do you have in your spare tire kit?

Last edited by jasone36; 10-03-11 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-02-11, 07:42 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You can just get the Lexus one: $66.60 + shipping with the CL discount:

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2010/4343.html

I got mine last week and added a pair of rubber gloves so my hands don't get dirty. It comes in a zipper canvas fabric bag with velcro on both sides so the thing does not shift in your trunk.
Old 10-03-11, 05:40 AM
jomo3640
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by huy33

I got mine last week and added a pair of rubber gloves so my hands don't get dirty. It comes in a zipper canvas fabric bag with velcro on both sides so the thing does not shift in your trunk.
Ditto - Just got one a couple weeks ago when I switched to Michelin Super Sports - the kit fits nicely in one of the side "wells"
Old 10-03-11, 06:18 AM
AusTexLex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by huy33

How does one go about getting the discount? It's $91 on Sewell's site. Thanks!
Old 10-03-11, 07:07 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

create an account, it asks for your club lexus login/user name. Once you have that you need to login to Sewell before adding items to your cart to see the discount.
Old 10-03-11, 04:51 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jasone36
After purchasing an SC430 and realizing it came with standard (non-runflat) tires, I quickly came to the realization that I'm also missing the spare tire. After looking at spare tire prices and how much space they take up, I have tentatively decided to put together a "Flat Tire Kit" instead of getting a spare, just to get to closest tire place.

So far in my kit I have:

Two "Fix A Flat" containers (largest size I could find)
One air compressor to put air in tire (plugs into cigarette lighter)

What else do you have in your spare tire kit?
Hi jasone,

I bought this BMW Mobility Kit about 1 1/2 yrs ago, before anyone knew about the Lexus kit:

http://www.amazon.com/BMW-Genuine-Fa.../dp/B000P5JO5M

Jerry Baumchen
Old 10-03-11, 05:33 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

I bought both the spare tire kit: http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...-2010-310.html

and the Tire Repair System: http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2010/4343.html

I figure sometime when I don't want to have the spare tire in the trunk I can rely on the backup!

The Tire Repair System works really great to just use it in the setting without injecting the sealant for just putting air in the tires. I used it yesterday and its quick and easy.

Old 10-04-11, 04:15 PM
AusTexLex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info on the Sewell site, signed up today and bought the tire kit. This site kicks a**!
Old 10-30-11, 10:54 PM
SCXray
Driver School Candidate

Default Spare Tire GB

Hello,

Does anyone know if Sewell would accept a Group Buy? If there were a number of customers that wanted this item would they consider decreasing the price for a large Group Buy.

Just thinking out loud.

Thanks,
JP
Old 10-31-11, 04:43 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For the people who have used the OTRS system, do you have to use both the compressor and the sealant together each time? Can I use just the compressor? I don't have the run flats installed anymore (thank goodness) I do have a spare, but don't like driving with it in the car all the time, have it more for if the wife calls, I'll go over with the spare and change it. Right now I don't have another compressor, (B&D air station puked) and I haven't replaced it yet. Thanks
Old 10-31-11, 07:28 AM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
For the people who have used the OTRS system, do you have to use both the compressor and the sealant together each time? Can I use just the compressor? I don't have the run flats installed anymore (thank goodness) I do have a spare, but don't like driving with it in the car all the time, have it more for if the wife calls, I'll go over with the spare and change it. Right now I don't have another compressor, (B&D air station puked) and I haven't replaced it yet. Thanks
Yeah, as I said in my post above, I use it like that all the time. You just turn the dial to compressor only and have at it. Works great!
Old 10-31-11, 07:47 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by SCXray
Hello,

Does anyone know if Sewell would accept a Group Buy? If there were a number of customers that wanted this item would they consider decreasing the price for a large Group Buy.

Just thinking out loud.

Thanks,
JP
Sewell's pricing with the discount is as good as it gets. No need for GB.

Bigger ticket items, maybe. But tricky to get going.
Old 10-31-11, 07:47 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 76210Guy
Yeah, as I said in my post above, I use it like that all the time. You just turn the dial to compressor only and have at it. Works great!
I haven't used mine but can you set the PSI you want and it'll inflate to that point and automatically stop?. I don't think it can but it's a nice feature on my Black and Decker even though it doesn't have the sealant.
Old 11-19-11, 08:36 PM
SCXray
Driver School Candidate

Helllo,

I should have been more detailed. I was meaning a group buy for the entire spare tire kit with wheel form the on line dealer. I can see that it could be difficult to orchestrate a gorup buy. But I would be definitley intersted.

Anyone out there want to help star one up I am game.

Thanks
JP
Old 11-20-11, 08:32 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Maybe send Darren Diller a PM...he looks at CL regularly. Can't find his e-mail but I know I've reached him before by this e-mail: lexusparts@sewell.com

Quick Reply: Flat Tire Kit - What's In Your Kit?