SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Just ordered

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-11, 07:51 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

harold57
when i say the responce sucks, i don't like the relay when i step on the gas, thats what i'm talking about. i have driven 3 other 430sc and they all have that relay. when i step on the gas i want the car to get up an go not have any relay. i'll pay to not have that. it just bugs me.

Last edited by bacardi; 05-30-11 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-30-11, 08:55 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

When I get my loaner car at the infiniti dealer (G37 sedan) the throttle response is amazing...like a video game or go-cart! Hard to believe it has similar horsepower to our SC's based on "throttle feel". I couldn't agree more that if this mod lives up to it's advertised claims, then it would be GREAT!
Old 05-30-11, 11:13 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

scdroptop
from what here from the other forums, i'll be a happy camper.
Old 05-30-11, 02:31 PM
jzwu
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
When I get my loaner car at the infiniti dealer (G37 sedan) the throttle response is amazing...like a video game or go-cart! Hard to believe it has similar horsepower to our SC's based on "throttle feel". I couldn't agree more that if this mod lives up to it's advertised claims, then it would be GREAT!

I test drove a few 2010 Infiniti G37 sedans. The throttle response is much better than SC430. I think the sprint booster or blitz controller will definitely help a lot.

However, SC430 is heavy and not a good handling car in the stock suspension setup. Making its throttle response too sensitive may be a little dangerous before beefing up the suspension and handling.
Old 05-31-11, 04:53 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

jzwu
the delay is alittle dangerous. if i had to move quickly an i have a one second relay, could mean me getting hit or not. i don't find anything wrong with our suspension and handling works for me. it maybe alittle soft but thats ok.
Old 05-31-11, 06:32 AM
jimmer!
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

if this thing works, we'll all get one.

bacardi, when you can, fill us in on the cost
and installation instructions.
Old 05-31-11, 06:48 AM
jimmer!
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

here's how it sets up on a bmw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fWcO...eature=related
Old 05-31-11, 07:19 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

More than a few times I have slammed the gas, and LB thinks about it before the downshift. Will this solve that problem or just turn my accelerator into an on/off switch?
Old 05-31-11, 07:26 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good member review, in a nutshell no improvement

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...0-60-data.html
Old 05-31-11, 07:57 AM
redliner8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great review in describing how it works. Good find Kaiser
Old 05-31-11, 11:37 AM
Tensi
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it on another car. It doesn't improve actual performance aka zero to sixty runs or quarter mile. It just cuts the lag and gives a better foot to pedal feel.
Old 05-31-11, 11:54 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

well this will be put to rest. nice to have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Tensi
i will try it out if the delay is gone or well improved, i will know not wishfull thinking.

Last edited by bacardi; 05-31-11 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-31-11, 07:16 PM
jzwu
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bacardi
jzwu
the delay is alittle dangerous. if i had to move quickly an i have a one second relay, could mean me getting hit or not. i don't find anything wrong with our suspension and handling works for me. it maybe alittle soft but thats ok.

I understand your point as we all experience this annoyance. The issue with the sprint booster is the potential loss of control during delicate manuvoers, such as tight parking and in garage, etc.
Old 05-31-11, 09:25 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jzwu
I understand your point as we all experience this annoyance. The issue with the sprint booster is the potential loss of control during delicate manuvoers, such as tight parking and in garage, etc.
I wouldn't worry at all about that.

Because your car with it will now accelerate how a car "normally" should accelerate - no lag.

My Toyota Rav 4 seems like it is faster than my SC because my Toyota doesn't have that lag.

I mean really, do all cars that don't have a lag crash in garages and tight parking spots? Should these cars get a lag-enhancer device installed as a safety feature?
Old 05-31-11, 09:51 PM
jzwu
Lead Lap

Well, it depends on the setting. The new gen sprint booster has 3 settings: green, yellow and red.

At the red setting, some guys on the BMW forum reported that it is like constant racing and braking, which is certainly unsafe in tight quarters.

Green is like stock and yellow is in the middle. One has to be mindful of the setting and learns to control the throttle appropriate for the setting.

Granted, all stock setting (throttle programming) is probably more biased toward conservative/safe side for liability reasons - still remember the Toyota unintended acceleration outcry?

Guess what, the final investigation result showed that it is mostly driver's fault, and no fault was found in toyota's electronic control system. Toyoya's big downfall was slow to respond to public complaints to address the issue, even though they were right. It is all about perception.

Quick Reply: Just ordered