SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2010 SC430 Short Take :thumbup:

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-11, 12:10 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea no dice on TME and Daizen sways man, ive been barking up that tree since December with not response. No one else makes a away however I hear the rear is interchangable with the GS TRD sway. Im considering just doing the rear for better handeling. Non-runflats helped alot and so did staggared wheels however I think in the 2010 they had already switched away from RFT.

Can you take pics of your NAV and the stereo? If you ever do any work in the trunk I would love to see your wiring to the NAV computer and the computer itself...makes me wonder if upgrading to Gen 6 would be actually possible after some modification. However my understanding is the screen is also different using different wiring.
Old 04-20-11, 01:13 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robertrios
yea no dice on TME and Daizen sways man, ive been barking up that tree since December with not response. No one else makes a away however I hear the rear is interchangable with the GS TRD sway. Im considering just doing the rear for better handeling. Non-runflats helped alot and so did staggared wheels however I think in the 2010 they had already switched away from RFT.

Can you take pics of your NAV and the stereo? If you ever do any work in the trunk I would love to see your wiring to the NAV computer and the computer itself...makes me wonder if upgrading to Gen 6 would be actually possible after some modification. However my understanding is the screen is also different using different wiring.
How sad.. What a great platform yet modification offerings are hopeless. What if i just buy the item and make a payment through TME?
Alternatively, I guess ill just post a WTB in the classified and keep my fingers crossed. Let me know how it goes should you venture off in trying out a GS' TRD SB.
Yup, no runflats on 2010.. I wish i could just control the roll :'(
Andddd unfortunately i do not have the Gen 6 Nav and new head unit. The 2010 came with Gen 5 navi and the old tape deck head unit for some very off reason. Ill add a pic of the dash anyways but you will find that its similar to yours minus the guages which are full LED on 06+ (EDIT:- Sorry screen door was closed in the pic i have uploaded but its just like yours

TALWANG:- Excuse my ignorance but how would the LCBs effect my ride, do you think its worth the mod IYHO? Not too good at sport car suspension mods, give me with a truck and ill prepare a baja monster for you

I would like to track the SC but i probably wont.. I wanted an LSD because i like pushing my cars sometimes but i guess its not worth getting into if i already have a 3.76.. Thank you for that info; you dont understand the trouble and cost you saved me .

Moe
Attached Thumbnails 2010 SC430 Short Take :thumbup:-al-rayyan-20110308-00172.jpg  

Last edited by I-FORCE; 04-20-11 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-20-11, 01:40 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Let me put it this way.
Below is the preference order based on (my satisfaction)/(price).
Hope it makes sense to you. haha

1. Daizen sway bars
2. Tom's six links
3. Tom's LCB
4. Tom's STB
Old 04-21-11, 04:58 AM
I-FORCE
Driver

Originally Posted by talwang
Let me put it this way.
Below is the preference order based on (my satisfaction)/(price).
Hope it makes sense to you. haha

1. Daizen sway bars
2. Tom's six links
3. Tom's LCB
4. Tom's STB
I guess I'll hold my horses until I can find a set of Daizens.. This is really annoying, and now that they're ruled out, The body roll has started to majorly irritate me

Thank you for the info though, I am still interested in knowing how would six links and lcb effect the ride,would they decrease body rollor just reduce flexing and stiffen steering response?

Moe
Old 04-21-11, 12:58 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

If you search the 2gs forum, you will find tons of info you need.
They also have good reviews on the Tom's LCB set especially the Tom's 6 links.

I have seen some after market Sway bars and brace set made in Taiwan and South Korea, but those are custom made, not in mass production.
Old 08-22-11, 09:20 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to ask--I noticed the parking sensors on the front bumper and I am assuming that you have 2 or4 on the back bumper as well--are they fronm the factory or were they an accessory that you added from the Lexus dealer or were they aftermarket? If the were either from the factory or an accessory from the dealer --does the Lexus Park Assit info intergrate into the navigation screen or what happens?

Thanks,
dentate
Oshawa, ON, Canada
Old 08-22-11, 10:28 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Originally Posted by dentate
I have to ask--I noticed the parking sensors on the front bumper and I am assuming that you have 2 or4 on the back bumper as well--are they fronm the factory or were they an accessory that you added from the Lexus dealer or were they aftermarket? If the were either from the factory or an accessory from the dealer --does the Lexus Park Assit info intergrate into the navigation screen or what happens?

Thanks,
dentate
Oshawa, ON, Canada
The sensors are factory Lexus sensors which came as standard equipment on the SC. No integration is required with the screen since all the sensors offer are an audible intermittent beep which increases in frequency the closer you get to an obstacle..

Moe
Old 08-22-11, 10:34 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Originally Posted by talwang
If you search the 2gs forum, you will find tons of info you need.
They also have good reviews on the Tom's LCB set especially the Tom's 6 links.

I have seen some after market Sway bars and brace set made in Taiwan and South Korea, but those are custom made, not in mass production.
BTW Talwang.. Just wanted to let you know i ended up getting a 3.76 LSD pumpkin .. I just wanna open it up and check the condition of the teeth and backlash before throwing it on the SC.. Regarding suspension, i will go with your advice having read the reviews on the 2GS forums.. I will soon order Tom's 6-Link, Rear Chassis Brace, an STB and BC Racing coilovers.. Funnily enough the spacers i recently installed majorly decrease body roll but are annoying the hell out of me with the vibration and weird steering.. it feels really springy like an MK2 Avalon if anyone's driven that... Will replace wheels with better offset but that will be my last mod being the most expensive..

Lemme know what you think boss

Moe
Old 08-23-11, 07:12 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

So I can understand the white-out of your license plate in the pictures, but what was on the ground in the 2nd and 5th pix that needed to be white out?!?
Old 08-23-11, 08:52 AM
I-FORCE
Driver

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
So I can understand the white-out of your license plate in the pictures, but what was on the ground in the 2nd and 5th pix that needed to be white out?!?
Hahaha.. No worries it was my excellent MS Paint skills being put to work.. The brush would keep slipping and painting the floor
Old 08-24-11, 10:52 AM
toxic
Driver

If yours is a 2010 why do I see a tape deck on your interior pic? I thought they did away with them.

TOXIC
Old 08-24-11, 11:17 AM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

^yea me too....
Old 08-24-11, 06:52 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

might have left it for other countries cause those are the 2010 wheels, is your nav gen 6? You have usb for ipod right?
Old 08-26-11, 03:38 AM
I-FORCE
Driver

sorry for the late reply guys.. been a hectic week;

Take a look at this thread i posted when i bought the car, all issues asked here were discussed

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-a-2010-a.html

If yours is a 2010 why do I see a tape deck on your interior pic? I thought they did away with them.

TOXIC & IStoSC
Unfortunately we recieved the old head units till the end on the ME-Spec'd SCs

might have left it for other countries cause those are the 2010 wheels, is your nav gen 6? You have usb for ipod right?
ROBERTRIOS:- Indeed the SC is a 2010 yet no Gen 6 Nav and no USB (old stereo head unit) - Again part of the terrible ME spec

Unfortunately all Lexus' have a deficiency in options or performance in the Middle East. We never got the GS350, to date its a GS300 which puts out 218HP, the LS460 is Non-Direct Fuel Injection reducing power by 40HP (342HP in comparison to 388 US-Spec), the LX570 and even the Land Cruiser are also detuned to 367HP in comparison to 385HP US (GX460 is 292HP ME - 310HP US. The IS we only get the 300 too, a model non existent in the states, same 218HP power-plant offered in the GS300... The only cars i believe are the same in both markets are the ES350, the GS460, the CT200h and the IS-F.. Even the LS600h is detuned but i'm unsure by how much exactly.

In addition to that, absolutely all models are around $10K more expensive at the least

We are pretty ripped off over here.. Wish someone from TMC realises and does something about it :'(
Old 11-07-12, 02:57 AM
LexF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been reading up on 2010's. Came across your thread.
Seems that you guys did get folding mirrors that fold electronically... Is this correct?

Quick Reply: 2010 SC430 Short Take :thumbup: