SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Carollton-Irving Mini (very mini) Meet! Plus Bonus Saturday Cars and Coffee

Old 04-16-11, 02:10 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Carollton-Irving Mini (very mini) Meet! Plus Bonus Saturday Cars and Coffee

Good times today! Lexus!!!!! (Sean) and I got together for some mini meet projects on his 02 SC which is black on ecru and I helped him find over a year and a half ago when he lived in MN. He just recently moved down here and had some miscellaneous issues to fix on his car plus we wanted to hang out anyway.

A little about his car...GREAT find about 1.5 years ago here in Dallas. He flew down here, checked it out and had me help him also and bought it. Drove it all the way back up 35 from Dallas to MN and never looked back. Car was in very clean shape, 80k miles and he got for a STEAL at that time!

He liked Dallas so much, he moved down here! Now he's lovin' life with the top down right now as his parents are up in MN getting 2" of snow today! LOL

I was honored to help out a fellow CL member and SC owner with some misc issues as I did when he first got the car. He really liked the 06+ tails, Vais unit and some other mods I had. I really liked his Tourmalines and how clean the Ecru looked on black. Classic colors for sure!

Oddly, he got hit on Hwy 183 here in Dallas with some type of large debris on his bumper that totally knocked off his headlight washer door and broke it on the inside. He sent me a pic last week and honestly it looked expensive but I told him I could at least take a look at it and try to buff out some of the scratches, etc.

Well, $29 for the actuator and cover (included in same part) and some elbow grease later, courtesy of 3M Rubbing Compound, Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound and Zaino # 6, # 7 and we had ourselves a nice fix!!!! Just had to pull out the broken bottom of the actuator and slide the new one in with the shiny black door and we were good-to-go! Looked like a $200 fix, but wasn't!

While his car was in my garage, I couldn't help but take his rusty old looking tail pipes and take some steel wool, Never Dull and wax to them to help them look brand new. We also did some rubbing compound and polish around the car with some large scratches.

Since MN winters are so long and harsh, and he just moved from MN to Dallas this car needed some TLC. Detail Werkz would go bananas on this car, so would a PDR, but he's not ready yet. I was only able to spend a few hours.

Then it was off to Park Place to get (his car was originally from there) a free car wash which amazed him since MN dealer doesn't offer this as well as our complimentary beverage and got a chance to check out cars, get his part and chill out. Car came out great and he was all smiles!

Enough blabber...here are the pics of our mini-mini meet!!!

Also, a red SC with saddle, pretty rare and a messed up CLS Mercedes with some obvious rear suspension issues!!! OUCH!!!
Attached Thumbnails Carollton-Irving Mini (very mini) Meet! Plus Bonus Saturday Cars and Coffee-photo2.jpg   Carollton-Irving Mini (very mini) Meet! Plus Bonus Saturday Cars and Coffee-photo7.jpg   Carollton-Irving Mini (very mini) Meet! Plus Bonus Saturday Cars and Coffee-photo8.jpg   Carollton-Irving Mini (very mini) Meet! Plus Bonus Saturday Cars and Coffee-photo10.jpg   Carollton-Irving Mini (very mini) Meet! Plus Bonus Saturday Cars and Coffee-photo11.jpg  

Old 04-16-11, 02:12 PM
scdroptop

Part Two...black cleans up so nicely! Can't wait to help him get in touch with Detail Werkz and my PDR. Can't wait to install my injen!
Attached Thumbnails Carollton-Irving Mini (very mini) Meet! Plus Bonus Saturday Cars and Coffee-photo.jpg   Carollton-Irving Mini (very mini) Meet! Plus Bonus Saturday Cars and Coffee-photo6.jpg   Carollton-Irving Mini (very mini) Meet! Plus Bonus Saturday Cars and Coffee-photo9.jpg   Carollton-Irving Mini (very mini) Meet! Plus Bonus Saturday Cars and Coffee-photo1.jpg   Carollton-Irving Mini (very mini) Meet! Plus Bonus Saturday Cars and Coffee-photo4.jpg  

Old 04-16-11, 02:13 PM
scdroptop

Ouch! Talk about a saggy booty!
Attached Thumbnails Carollton-Irving Mini (very mini) Meet! Plus Bonus Saturday Cars and Coffee-photo5.jpg  
Old 04-16-11, 02:37 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice.. we gotta hook up sometime.
Old 04-16-11, 03:23 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

How can you run a car through a carwash with all that detailing knowledge?

Just the thought of someone else rubbing a towel on my car makes me nervous... but you're right. The black exterior/ecru interior is gorgeous. It would only be better if the interior wood was black.

I guess I'll have to detail the car for the DFW up-coming meet.

Hey Derek, if you want to try any detailing product just let me know. More than likely I have it

Last edited by huy33; 04-16-11 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-16-11, 03:41 PM
scdroptop

Lexus!!!!! didn't mind...he was just happy to give it a bath. LOL

Same here....we need to have a detailing product show! Do you have any Gloss-It yet? I am about ready to buy my first kit. I'm just about through my years of Meguires stuff (regular stuff) and I've converted to Zaino for the polishes, detailers and now leather. I would like to check out Leatherique and compare to my fav: Meguires Gold Class Leather and the new Zaino. I really want to try all the stuff that Detail Werkz used on my car with the Gloss-It Brand. Very nice stuff. The guys used to be Zaino Reps and said that Zaino was good, but Gloss-It was a notch above.
Old 04-16-11, 04:05 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey! That's not my former '02 SC is it? Mine had the same colors and the Tourmalines.

Oops....never mind, I traded mine into Sewell, not Park Place. Nice car!
Old 04-16-11, 06:17 PM
scdroptop

No...but exactly same set up. Ironically he wants to install Vais too and it will be officially your former SC's twin! LOL

You and I actually help find this for him-did the b/g checks, etc. Remember about 1.5 years ago? We found it in Plano at that wholesaler.
Old 04-16-11, 08:45 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Lexus!!!!! didn't mind...he was just happy to give it a bath. LOL

Same here....we need to have a detailing product show! Do you have any Gloss-It yet? I am about ready to buy my first kit. I'm just about through my years of Meguires stuff (regular stuff) and I've converted to Zaino for the polishes, detailers and now leather. I would like to check out Leatherique and compare to my fav: Meguires Gold Class Leather and the new Zaino. I really want to try all the stuff that Detail Werkz used on my car with the Gloss-It Brand. Very nice stuff. The guys used to be Zaino Reps and said that Zaino was good, but Gloss-It was a notch above.
I sat in my friend's car once as he wanted to run it through the automatic wash. Scared the crap out of me... never again.

I tried Zaino a couple of times but didn't really like it because their product names were all similar. I used to use Leatherique but onced I got my SC with the Ecru interior, I needed something that I can use to clean my interior every two weeks or so. Leatherique is more of a twice a year type of product while Leather Master has strong or soft leather cleaner that I can use more often.

If you haven't tried Danase Wet Glaze or Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection, you should. They're some of my favorite products.

Last edited by huy33; 04-16-11 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-16-11, 09:29 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice rides! Looking great! I'm also waiting for my injen intake coming in monday.
Old 04-16-11, 09:35 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Reviews on the Injen please.