SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-01, 07:45 AM
Welcome to CL
Official Welcome Wagon

Received 170 Likes on 27 Posts
Exclamation Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread

Members,

When you get your SC430, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new SC430;

1. Exterior color
2. Interior color
3. Audio options (Mark Levinson)
4. Other major options or packages
5. Any modifications
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

and congratulations from Club Lexus!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-19-14 at 02:34 PM.
The following 19 users liked this post by Welcome to CL:
adeveraii (01-18-19), Alicataz (08-15-20), Bearsfan (03-24-17), Drbrdb (09-14-19), IKEinFL (06-07-20), JoanneS (09-23-20), Johnnyb18 (03-27-19), KingSC430 (03-23-24), Lexilife (01-11-21), LindaB (10-09-23), Msimesjr (02-10-21), rgabe908 (12-23-19), Ro62ck12st (01-31-22), Sc430Zig (11-08-21), Sergio1501 (04-20-23), Srtracton (11-19-19), subzeroajo (10-19-23), TAMDES (03-10-22), Wilson2000 (01-23-20) and 14 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Popular Reply

04-15-11, 06:54 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Welcome to all the New SC Owners (March and April)

If you are reading this and are new to the CL SC430 forum Welcome!!!!

I have noticed we have had a bunch of new owners and members join recently in the past two months. It seems like five or six of you...this is GREAT!!! In the years I've been a member, I cannot remember a time that this many new owners have joined at one time. We are all excited to have you as part of the CL family! I personally am excited to see so many new owners come here because it keeps re-affirming what a classic car we have!

We are glad you joined and welcome you. Congratulations.

Forum veterans and daily SC430 junkies alike value your input and your opinions/pictures and experiences just as much as you might value ours.

Most new owners have a typical 4-5 series of questions that follow a pattern and I have some suggestions to get you going even quicker on the forum.

To make both your new experience and overall experience better for all, I would recommend a few helpful hints:

1) Post a pic of your new ride-or several! If you need help, PM me I'll be glad to help you. What's a PM? You're in trouble! LOL Private Message You can also set up your signature and avatar too, which is always fun! Advanced users can later do a "Poll" to ask opinions of members on new wheels or whatever to get a group opinion.

2) Let us know why you bought your SC, what you used to drive and plans for modifications or any current issues you may have. These cars are sophisticated and have many moving parts! We are here to help...BUT BEFORE YOU DO THAT---SEE BELOW:

3) Please use the search function. While you are signed in, go to "Search" then "Advanced Search" and type in your keyword and to the bottom right select the SC430 forum to specifically target this forum. We have discussed thousands of issues over the course of nearly ten years when the first SC430 rolled off the line in August of 2001. Ironically, sometimes we beat topics to death over and over again. Most likely if you are thinking it as a new SC430 owner, we have discussed it! There are a few threads at the top called "Sticky" that have some good general information as well.

Most common "newbie" questions that can easily be found in search are...

Just type in these key words in search to help find your answers:

Speakers
Colors
Lowered, struts, shocks or coilovers
Dull or scratched headlights
Premium Gas
Headlight adjusting
Changes by years (2006 was a big change year)
Waxing
Leather care
Synthetic Oil
Recommended Maintenance
Trunk opens/shuts slow
PWR versus ECO
ECU Reset
Upgrades
Run Flat Tires or Harsh Ride
LED Tail Llights (newer)
Adding iPod
Error 5 on CD
No Nav Disc Detected
Navigation DVD or Disc (try the word nav)
Service Intervals
Timing Belt
LED or HID lights
Spare Tire or Spare Tire Kit
Belt Chirping
Modifications-Intake, Exhaust, Chips
Wheels
Warranty
Cabin Filter
Top Wont Go Down but red light comes on
Keys-where do I get another one?
Maintenance History

In my personal experience I have found that you get a better, more well rounded answer to your questions when you use search because of the breadth of history we have on Club Lexus.

Just to get you all started, I just did a search and dug up one of my favorite threads that nearly 13,000+ people have looked at over the years started by veteran resident guru Johnnycake with LOADS of great information on the SC430:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...buying-it.html

Again, since wheels are the single most talked about topic, let me show you a thread with over 30,000 views as well with great pics:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...k-warning.html

Other than these, there are amazing threads with posts from the past ten years and Stickies to look at. Enjoy!

Welcome again, and we look forward to seeing all your new pics of your rides and helping you enjoy your SC430 even more! Congrats!!!!

If I can personally help you with any of the above, feel free to PM me. I love helping people spend their money!
Old 04-15-11, 06:54 PM
scdroptop

Default Welcome to all the New SC Owners (March and April)

If you are reading this and are new to the CL SC430 forum Welcome!!!!

I have noticed we have had a bunch of new owners and members join recently in the past two months. It seems like five or six of you...this is GREAT!!! In the years I've been a member, I cannot remember a time that this many new owners have joined at one time. We are all excited to have you as part of the CL family! I personally am excited to see so many new owners come here because it keeps re-affirming what a classic car we have!

We are glad you joined and welcome you. Congratulations.

Forum veterans and daily SC430 junkies alike value your input and your opinions/pictures and experiences just as much as you might value ours.

Most new owners have a typical 4-5 series of questions that follow a pattern and I have some suggestions to get you going even quicker on the forum.

To make both your new experience and overall experience better for all, I would recommend a few helpful hints:

1) Post a pic of your new ride-or several! If you need help, PM me I'll be glad to help you. What's a PM? You're in trouble! LOL Private Message You can also set up your signature and avatar too, which is always fun! Advanced users can later do a "Poll" to ask opinions of members on new wheels or whatever to get a group opinion.

2) Let us know why you bought your SC, what you used to drive and plans for modifications or any current issues you may have. These cars are sophisticated and have many moving parts! We are here to help...BUT BEFORE YOU DO THAT---SEE BELOW:

3) Please use the search function. While you are signed in, go to "Search" then "Advanced Search" and type in your keyword and to the bottom right select the SC430 forum to specifically target this forum. We have discussed thousands of issues over the course of nearly ten years when the first SC430 rolled off the line in August of 2001. Ironically, sometimes we beat topics to death over and over again. Most likely if you are thinking it as a new SC430 owner, we have discussed it! There are a few threads at the top called "Sticky" that have some good general information as well.

Most common "newbie" questions that can easily be found in search are...

Just type in these key words in search to help find your answers:

Speakers
Colors
Lowered, struts, shocks or coilovers
Dull or scratched headlights
Premium Gas
Headlight adjusting
Changes by years (2006 was a big change year)
Waxing
Leather care
Synthetic Oil
Recommended Maintenance
Trunk opens/shuts slow
PWR versus ECO
ECU Reset
Upgrades
Run Flat Tires or Harsh Ride
LED Tail Llights (newer)
Adding iPod
Error 5 on CD
No Nav Disc Detected
Navigation DVD or Disc (try the word nav)
Service Intervals
Timing Belt
LED or HID lights
Spare Tire or Spare Tire Kit
Belt Chirping
Modifications-Intake, Exhaust, Chips
Wheels
Warranty
Cabin Filter
Top Wont Go Down but red light comes on
Keys-where do I get another one?
Maintenance History

In my personal experience I have found that you get a better, more well rounded answer to your questions when you use search because of the breadth of history we have on Club Lexus.

Just to get you all started, I just did a search and dug up one of my favorite threads that nearly 13,000+ people have looked at over the years started by veteran resident guru Johnnycake with LOADS of great information on the SC430:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...buying-it.html

Again, since wheels are the single most talked about topic, let me show you a thread with over 30,000 views as well with great pics:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...k-warning.html

Other than these, there are amazing threads with posts from the past ten years and Stickies to look at. Enjoy!

Welcome again, and we look forward to seeing all your new pics of your rides and helping you enjoy your SC430 even more! Congrats!!!!

If I can personally help you with any of the above, feel free to PM me. I love helping people spend their money!

Last edited by scdroptop; 04-15-11 at 07:02 PM.
The following 13 users liked this post by scdroptop:
BobR24 (02-16-20), Catatude (09-10-18), cjinthesky (04-09-20), DougT59 (04-13-19), dpj7510 (02-23-23), Effrimvee (09-29-21), GeneAndino (12-18-20), KingSC430 (09-30-23), leexed (07-27-19), lexuslong (01-28-19), Mark2002 (04-23-20), orsmondjm (03-16-19), SC430Dad (11-16-22) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-15-11, 07:52 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome all new members. Happy driving
The following 2 users liked this post by huy33:
KingSC430 (03-23-24), Lexilife (01-11-21)
Old 04-15-11, 08:03 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by huy33
Welcome all new members. Happy driving

What he said!
The following users liked this post:
Harleygirl (08-05-22)
Old 04-15-11, 08:40 PM
Rancher
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Guys!

Lots of great advice here, my signature shows you what can happen when you start hanging out here!
The following 2 users liked this post by Rancher:
Mark2002 (04-23-20), ThomasD94 (05-13-20)
Old 04-15-11, 10:47 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Nice job Derek!
Old 04-23-11, 09:02 AM
scdroptop

Welcome newcomers again this week! I think we have about ten or so new owners and members on the SC forum in the past two months! Incredible!!!
ThomasD94 (05-13-20)
Old 01-03-17, 03:26 PM
Saavedra70
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello everyone and best regards from Mallorca island, it is a pleasure to participate in this forum.

I just have adquired a sc 430 blue marine with 220.000kms.

I would like to increment the v8 exhaust sound and replace the regular rims for something more impressive.

The following 4 users liked this post by Saavedra70:
Harleygirl (08-05-22), KingSC430 (03-23-24), Mark2002 (04-23-20), ThomasD94 (05-13-20)
Old 01-03-17, 05:17 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new acquisition.
Saavedra70 (01-08-17)
Old 01-06-17, 07:56 PM
Roho
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New member

Hey all,
I'm Roho and have a 2002 SC, bought in 2015.
It's red w/ black interior, all stock.
It had 75000 miles, 86000 now
needed tires and a new radio antena also the cd is not operable. It has some dings.
So far I have installed a ViAs audio interface to use the cell phone for music and Naviks for a back up camera, I haven't installed the camera yet.
I also took off the stock chromed wheels (disk center caps) and replaced with silver 5 spoke Lexus wheels.
Replaced antena mast with new.
Replaced tires with new.

Last edited by Roho; 01-06-17 at 08:00 PM.
Mark2002 (04-23-20)
Old 01-10-17, 02:01 PM
Saavedra70
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

The following 3 users liked this post by Saavedra70:
Madameew1 (03-20-20), Mark2002 (04-23-20), ThomasD94 (05-13-20)
Old 01-17-17, 07:19 AM
sieslammer
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2006 SC430 Pebble Beach

Hi everyone.
been reading on here & other sites about this and other convertibles.
was comparing mercedes, lexus, bmw, audi, infinity......
after owning mercedes and bmw over the last 10 years.
in the end, reliability & cost of ownership for a fun car got me to this point.
last week, I pulled the trigger and pick up a 2006 SC430 Pebble Beach with 118K miles.
local 1-owner, very clean car inside & out, everything works!
I am checking on servuce history to see if the 90-100K services was completed (belts, water pump, etc...)

1. Exterior color - Tiger-eye Brown (very good condition - still)
2. Interior color - Tan ( a bit weathered but still in good condition)
3. Audio options (Mark Levinson) - MK, 2 speakers are scratchy and will need to be replaced
4. minor problems:
a) speakers - will be replaced
b) driver side door handle - the key cover part is missing
- was thinking of buying knock-off on ebay and then have airbrushed/pained+clearcoat
- dealer rep actually offer to reimburse for Lexus OEM replacement
c) a couple of places the body cover is no longer tightly attached - assumed with 10 yrs, gotten lossened over the time.
- will need to look into how to get it to "stick" back tightly again
5. Any modifications: would like to upgrade
a) radio/GPS: would love to have the new receiver integrated with iPhone + into the GPS screen like the one I saw on YouTube seen here=>
b) wheels/tires: the mercedes dealer actually installed brand new Pilot A/S tires all around.
- looking at 19" GS-350F version - like the ones I saw on here
c) headlights & fog lights - maybe LEDs
d) antenna: hmmmm - looking for the stubby or any newer version that would work....
6. Just a fun car to alternate from the daily driver; especially with the nice Houston weather
7. Houston, Texas (Missouri City)
8. a couple of quick pix - will get better ones once the sun comes back out

will read thru in the past posting to edcuate myself + consider all your advices
thank you everyone for all the info!!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-back-1.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-engine-1.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-front-right-1.jpg  

Last edited by sieslammer; 01-17-17 at 07:27 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by sieslammer:
Mark2002 (04-23-20), ThomasD94 (05-13-20)
Old 01-18-17, 10:24 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

....congrats & welcome to the forum
The following 3 users liked this post by texsexlex:
Harleygirl (08-05-22), sieslammer (01-21-17), spenceky57 (07-12-19)
Old 01-23-17, 11:21 AM
flyboyjon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Back in an SC430

I am a US Army pilot who just picked up a 2010 SC; I sold my 2006 SC430 when I moved to Germany and missed it ever since. Driving it from Cali to Texas right now and hating the rain stopping me from dropping the top. Here are the details:

1. Exterior color: Matadore Red
2. Interior color: Camel
3. Audio options: Mark Levinson
4. Other major options or packages: Lexus Nav and Satellite Radio
5. Any modifications: Pending LuxLink
6. Anything you want to mention: Anyone have an extra LuxLink they are looking to sell or know of new alternative please let me know, thanks!

Last edited by flyboyjon; 01-23-17 at 11:24 AM.
Mark2002 (04-23-20)
Old 01-23-17, 07:34 PM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by flyboyjon
I am a US Army pilot who just picked up a 2010 SC; I sold my 2006 SC430 when I moved to Germany and missed it ever since. Driving it from Cali to Texas right now and hating the rain stopping me from dropping the top. Here are the details:

1. Exterior color: Matadore Red
2. Interior color: Camel
3. Audio options: Mark Levinson
4. Other major options or packages: Lexus Nav and Satellite Radio
5. Any modifications: Pending LuxLink
6. Anything you want to mention: Anyone have an extra LuxLink they are looking to sell or know of new alternative please let me know, thanks!
i think the one I passed on here was sold.

soldering required. Door panel removal.

I did find one here. Good luck.

worth the hunt.

Now the quarter windows are controllable. And the top works with a double push of the dash.

I have a tight storage and being able to drop and raise the top standing next to the car is really helpful
Mark2002 (04-23-20)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread