SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

** Need Info On Actual Schematics On Side Mirror Blinkers **

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-12, 04:12 PM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Lol I was looking this up a cpl weeks back wondering the same thing. If it's not plug-n-play, I was thinking of running a wire from the mirror to the blinkers or the maybe even the fuse box. Could possibly snag a signal from the instrument cluster as well? Good luck and let us know what you find!

Last edited by Z3NK1; 05-02-12 at 04:16 PM. Reason: EDIT: I see that the michael jackson pair on ebay is gone now ;)
Old 05-02-12, 04:51 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have just purchase a low mileage PB 2008 (4100 km+ about 2400 miles) and would also like to convert to the newer mirrors. (right after I ditch the run flats)..As I understand it the 2009s added the turn lights and the 2010s further added the puddle lamps under the mirrors. The 2009 mirrors have a plug that can pop out and the puddle lamps are available separately - are you going to attempt just the turn signal mirrors or are you also going to opt for the puddle lamps as well...the puddle lamps would require more wiring . It would seem a shame not to go for the extra lamps underneath especially since you will have to do some extra wiring anyway. Anyone know if there is a harness available?? Do you have wiring diagrams for the early models 202-2008, 2009 and 2010 ...Please advise and also let us know what you have to do. Thanks,

dentate
Oshawa, ON
Old 05-02-12, 05:55 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The mirrors I purchased have the turn lights as well as the bottom puddle light. As long as it mounts on I don't see why it would be difficult to wire them. Once I get them I'll keep you guys posted. Lord save me from this modding disease.
Old 05-02-12, 11:36 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

The puddle light circuit is easy, just tap the circuit that lights the door threshold logo. The turn indicator circuit will take some work to trace the circuit to a splice point.
Re: modding disease, I understand once you're exposed, you'll never be the same. However, annual, or bi-annual treatments seem to keep it under control.

Last edited by VVTiBob; 05-02-12 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-03-12, 05:42 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
The puddle light circuit is easy, just tap the circuit that lights the door threshold logo. The turn indicator circuit will take some work to trace the circuit to a splice point.
Re: modding disease, I understand once you're exposed, you'll never be the same. However, annual, or bi-annual treatments seem to keep it under control.
I knew Bob would catch this and have some input. One thing does the door sills light up when the unlock button is pressed? I think i would need to tap into something like the dome lights where when you press the unlock they will light up and when you press lock they will gradually go off as well. If the door sills work as the dome then its an easy task.

Last edited by IcEnPinKi; 05-03-12 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-03-12, 07:11 AM
VVTiBob

Originally Posted by IcEnPinKi
I knew Bob would catch this and have some input.
Oh sure, so now you guys are baiting me! You KNOW this is an illness and, I just can't seem to help myself...

The sill logo wire can be found and tapped under the trim garnish between the 'A' pillar and sill plate. It works (as you described) perfectly. I used it for my rocker panel puddle lights. It's a lot less work than the dome light and easier for getting through the door boot.
Regarding the "blinker" circuit. I don't have the wiring diagrams for 06+ models, so it may be worth the "standard" two-day subscription ($15) to TIS. Remember you'll need to find both left and right circuits. You'd have access to the wiring diagrams for your car and the 2010 mirrors as well as almost everything else, now that you've been infected. Most files are PDFs and downloadable, save all you want. Others are "capture-able" from the screen. Just imagine all the potential mods.

I've considered this mod several times and you are tempting me again. This disease may claim a financial toll from me once again. But I have an inoculant in this instance and it seems to be effective fighting the money burning-a-hole-in-my-pocket symptom.
1. Cost of the damn mirrors. Just seems way too high for a light, since I already have functioning mirrors and lights. (yes they are cooler than the mirrors we have now)
B. Color. My car's paint code is 1C0 - Millennium silver. The pre-finished, factory painted mirrors, would come in 1F2 - Mercury Metallic. They may be close, but if I spent about a grand on two mirrors and they stuck out like sore thumbs on the doors, I'd be;
1. Pissed at myself and
B. Never hear the end of it from my wife.

If anyone has seen a 02 next to a 06+ cars (obviously silver ones) maybe they'd be kind enough to chime in on the color difference, that is, is it noticeable? (not trying to hijack your thread) Then again I might just be looking for help/support from MA "modders anonymous".

Last edited by VVTiBob; 05-03-12 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-03-12, 01:43 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IcEnPinKi--private message sent
Old 05-03-12, 02:54 PM
barncat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the door sills light on pre-06 SC430's?
Old 05-03-12, 03:06 PM
VVTiBob

Yes. My 02 SC was built in March 01. They are on when opening the door, or unlocking the door with the key fob. Then they fade out when turning off.
Old 05-04-12, 07:40 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dentate
IcEnPinKi--private message sent
PM replied.
Old 05-04-12, 07:44 AM
barncat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, thanks, I thought maybe there was a previous up-date done on my car.
Old 05-04-12, 09:21 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look up my write up on the switch for the 2IS, i assume its the same where a large group of wires is under the door sill. If so you can use a detector that makes a noise when your blinker is activated. That is the easiest spot to tap into the one etxtra wire per side that the new mirrors will have.
Old 05-23-12, 06:06 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like its a mission failed. Mirrors do not bolt right on and cant seem to find a way to make them work.
Old 05-23-12, 07:37 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Still dont want to give up that easily. Anyone can help me look for the Door Diagrams for the older and newer gens? I am trying to figure if the mounting points are directly on the car or can it be interchangeable.

Last edited by IcEnPinKi; 05-23-12 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-23-12, 12:09 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by IcEnPinKi
Still dont want to give up that easily. Anyone can help me look for the Door Diagrams for the older and newer gens? I am trying to figure if the mounting points are directly on the car or can it be interchangeable.
Have you checked the part numbers of your new mirrors?
My guess is someone probably sold you the 3GS ones.

Quick Reply: ** Need Info On Actual Schematics On Side Mirror Blinkers **