SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Painted Calipers with Lexus decals.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-11, 04:36 PM
hit42
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im new here. looks very nice. couple things.. did the sticker stick on good? or did you use something to stick it better? and how did you get the "LEXUS" logo on your hubcap rims?
Old 03-15-11, 07:58 PM
xl8rguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by hit42
im new here. looks very nice. couple things.. did the sticker stick on good? or did you use something to stick it better? and how did you get the "LEXUS" logo on your hubcap rims?
yes, they stuck on just fine. I mean it's only been a few days so the jury is out on whether they will stay on but I suspect they will. I didn't use anything else to help them adhere.

As far as the Lexus logo in my center caps...Those are Drag wheels and the original center cap has their logo on it. So I had someone make me some black metal discs which has 2-sided tape on the back - high quality, almost permanent 2-sided tape. Then I went to my local Lexus d'ship and they gave me a set of the logos. Peeled the backs off and stuck those badboys on the black disc and there you have it...I basically covered over the manufacturer's logo.
Old 03-15-11, 08:00 PM
xl8rguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by momssc
I ordered from xenonmods.com weeks ago and paid by Paypal and nothing. Sent many emails and nothing. Turned in a complaint to Paypal and nothing. But they sure logged into Paypal to get my money I sent them! Fricking SCAM artist!!!
That stinks! I ordered mine and they arrived in the mail in about 5 days. I'm sorry to hear about that. And it sux that PayPal isn't helping you out! I think a few others have had success with them.
Old 03-16-11, 06:59 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
painting should work fine. but getting all that rust off might be a pain. it would definitely require removing them. and this probably goes without saying, but you'd want to mask the surface before painting.
Hence I am using a brush. Slow but will need little or no masking and overspray is not an issue.

Be careful with spray paint. Those tiny airborne borne will be all over the place. Trust me I ruined my Acura that way. I painted a rusted ceiling fan inside the garage (it was winter) and guess what happened? The whole sheet ended up on my Ack. To this day, if you look carefully, tiny little dots of paint. Since it is metallic, can not tell. But I see it all the time. Hence my fear of spray paint.
Old 03-16-11, 10:24 AM
darnot10
Driver

Originally Posted by xl8rguy
That stinks! I ordered mine and they arrived in the mail in about 5 days. I'm sorry to hear about that. And it sux that PayPal isn't helping you out! I think a few others have had success with them.
Hope you're right. Once I saw yours and the info you provided I ordered right away! I believe it was under $10 total and you get something like 12 decals.
darnot
Old 03-16-11, 10:37 AM
mandyfig

I was going to pull the trigger too. I have to have the decals. Painted without decals no good.
Old 03-16-11, 07:37 PM
momssc
Driver

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Checked out the site but does not tell you exactly what you are getting. Unlike the other site.

Well the other site, you're getting SCREWED!
Old 03-16-11, 09:34 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased from Xenonmods also. Got my stuff no problems.
Old 03-17-11, 09:18 AM
darnot10
Driver

Well I received an email from Xenonmods.com (rich was his name I believe). Now lets see if I actually get my stuff. I'll let you know if/when they arrive.
Old 03-17-11, 10:24 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by darnot10
Well I received an email from Xenonmods.com (rich was his name I believe). Now lets see if I actually get my stuff. I'll let you know if/when they arrive.
Hopefully yours come in darnot, I will order mine when it does.

What was the problem?

There's a couple of guys on fleabay selling these too. But Xenonmods has the best deal.

Also, might want to modify your SIG....add V10.1 LOL!

And I sincerely hope you do not get a "tart" feeling in your mouth with the stickers...LOL!
Old 03-17-11, 10:27 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by momssc
Well the other site, you're getting SCREWED!
Point well taken. Once in while you want to right?

Let's stop here, LOL!
Old 03-21-11, 04:58 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by darnot10
Darnot, did you get your shipment?
Old 03-21-11, 08:18 PM
darnot10
Driver

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Darnot, did you get your shipment?
nope, not today. I sent them an email asking for confirmation of shipment. I'll let you know tomorow whether or not they emailed me. Talk at you later.
dnot
Old 03-21-11, 08:25 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea let me know i was gonna order from them too but not if they screw you over...looks like ill be buying cleaner, a brush, caliper paint, logos, and a car jack oh what a fun saturday ill have.
Old 03-23-11, 01:28 PM
mandyfig

Did xenonmods deliver yet?

Quick Reply: Painted Calipers with Lexus decals.