SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Resonator Delete w/ pics & video!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-11, 08:27 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My last concern before I do this mod.

Does anyone know if our resonators are single pass or multi pass? If they are single pass then there should be no issues caused by removing them. However if they are multi-pass then I would think based on engineering of the exhaust that it will cause back pressure issues.

Can anyone confirm???
Old 04-09-11, 05:05 PM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my contribution!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFOMNGOLQZI
Old 04-10-11, 05:31 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

So which one is it, remove the 1st one or the twin?
Old 04-10-11, 12:51 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im getting this on both my cars lol gotta find a shop in FL (tampa) any suggestions
Old 04-11-11, 03:28 AM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

Originally Posted by redliner8
don't forget about the pipe after the resonator that lexus flattened . The lexus design is a bad set up for performance, but it's good at keeping the noise level down lol

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-11, 09:06 AM
irokdastar
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone got a pic of the actuall mufflers? i am thinking instead of doing a resinator delete and possibly lossing power. why dont you guys just get a magnaflow can delete the old exhaust cans and be done with it
Old 04-11-11, 09:13 AM
antigeek
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't forget about the pipe after the resonator that Lexus flattened . The Lexus design is a bad set up for performance, but it's good at keeping the noise level down lol
This isn't a suggestion to modify those, correct?
Otherwise, I'd expect a change in back pressure that would cause problems.
Old 04-11-11, 12:21 PM
redliner8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not an expert, so I can't speak much to the back pressure issue. There seems to be a lot of varying opinions about back pressure and back pressure myths all over the Internet. Someone more knowledgeable could speak better to this. I think the flattened pipes are for clearance rather than back pressure, but I could be wrong. If it is necessary, how much back pressure does the car 'need'? It has 2 cats, a merge, another cat, a split, two resonators, flattened pipes, muffler, and 90 degree turn...seems pretty congested. Was this design because of back pressure or because they wanted the quietest exhaust out there...Here's some thoughts from another thread regarding the flattened pipe: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...or-sc430.htmll

Last edited by redliner8; 04-11-11 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-11-11, 12:48 PM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

I'm not an expert, so I can't speak much to the back pressure issue. There seems to be a lot of varying opinions about back pressure and back pressure myths all over the Internet. Someone more knowledgeable could speak better to this. I think the flattened pipes are for clearance rather than back pressure, but I could be wrong. If it is necessary, how much back pressure does the car 'need'? It has 2 cats, a merge, another cat, a split, two resonators, flattened pipes, muffler, and 90 degree turn...seems pretty congested. Was this design because of back pressure or because they wanted the quietest exhaust out there...Here's some thoughts from another thread regarding the flattened pipe: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...or-sc430.htmll
My question from earlier still remains unanswered! If the resonator delete is performed it should not cause loss of back pressure unless the resonators are multipass. I have not been able to find out if they are indeed multipass, (in that case I would not recommend taking them out), or if they are single pass, (if that's the case you should be good to go)?????
Old 05-09-11, 03:18 AM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any clips of both a muffler delete and resonator delete? I have the resonators out and I don't want to put them back in if I don't have to. The resonator delete is not loud enough for me :P
Old 05-09-11, 05:04 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

redliner8
is completely right. guys its all about sound. they want to sell you car that you almost can't hear. its about sound.
i ran a vet on the street with all the electronic's, supercharged, 2 high flow cat, 2 magnflows muffers. at the track it ran 10.03 128 mph. on the street never any problems with electronics or passing N.J. inspection. remember we run blitz exhaust system no problems and others systems also. back pressure is not that big a problem as you are talking about. the only time you have no back pressure is when your running open headers.

Last edited by bacardi; 05-09-11 at 07:08 AM.
Old 05-11-11, 04:28 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Really iffy on whether I should delete both the resonator and muffler..
Old 10-22-11, 02:26 PM
zonk
Driver School Candidate

Why not go one at a time. I have an artisan body kit with their muffler also. But too quiet so the resonators come off Tues and if that is not enough then the cat is next.
Old 10-22-11, 02:47 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

i asked about resonator delete a long time ago and was basically was told here it wasnt a good option cause the bends or whatever. so just a resonator delete is possible?
Old 11-28-11, 03:16 PM
seivonecsu
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a borla exhaust on my gs430 doesn't give off too much sound was wondering if i do the resonator delete if it would be a little louder or too loud... anyone know anyone with it done???

Quick Reply: Resonator Delete w/ pics & video!