SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Megan EZ Coil-over install

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-11, 03:47 PM
redliner8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You could make the hole bigger and stick something like this on top. Seems like there would be enough clearance for the ****.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...#ht_1831wt_913

Or you could raise the trunk lining by putting something underneath it, then your original cap would probably clear the ****.

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by redliner8; 02-10-11 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-10-11, 05:40 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Or you could raise the trunk lining by putting something underneath it, then your original cap would probably clear the ****.
I like that idea! The liner was sitting on top of the **** and I never knew it. I could place a spacer under and use my covers. Ohh to take that liner out one more time
Old 02-10-11, 07:11 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Poqman-why do yours stick up? Mine don't...is it because your car is lower than mine?

Might be because I didn't cut a hole?
Old 02-11-11, 04:48 AM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Hi scdroptop. I didn't think mine touched either until I cut the hole. I've wondered if there is a difference in the LP design versus the EZ. Or if yours touches and you can't see it. The height of the car doesn't play into this. When the coilover is installed, the height of the studs and adjustment ***** are controlled by the design. I didn't know mine were hitting the bottom of the trunk liner. You don't notice the liner is out of place by 1/4" when it is all installed.
What made me look is I first noticed the ride had gotten harser, which made me want to make an adjustment, thus lead me to cut the hole. When I removed the liner and checked the settings, the driver side had gone from 7 clicks to zero. The passenger side went from 7 to 4 clicks. I can only explain the reason why the settings changed was because the liner was pressing down and vibration caused the ***** to screw in.
Old 02-12-11, 03:19 PM
scrdstr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poqman
I like that idea! The liner was sitting on top of the **** and I never knew it. I could place a spacer under and use my covers. Ohh to take that liner out one more time
Poqman any tips or how to take that liner off would be appreciated, I looked at it briefly and can see a couple of clips but not much else that could be holding it on.
Old 02-12-11, 06:06 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

scrdstr, Glad to help. I took a photo from another thread and numbered the order I remember removing the pieces. There were also four tie down rings not shown, but it's obvious when to remove. Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-11, 06:19 PM
VVTiBob

Received 264 Likes on 200 Posts

If you go to this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ast-night.html and comment #5. I posted a PDF called rear bumper...page 2 of the PDF has an exploded diagram of the trunk garnish components and all the clips holding it together.
Old 02-12-11, 06:21 PM
scrdstr
Rookie

Ok thanks very much Poqman this helps a lot, can see i'm going to be busy.
Old 02-12-11, 06:31 PM
scrdstr
Rookie

Thanks to you to VVTiBob totally appreciate the help.
Old 02-14-11, 02:45 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anyone take pictures of your height and also what yuor coils look like so I can eyeball where to make the adjustments the first time?
Old 02-14-11, 07:02 PM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I thought I had some pics, but upon having a look through my pic folder, I only have before and after shots with no close ups of the coilover. Sorry *shrug*

I thought you were going with air though?
Old 02-14-11, 08:14 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPNiSS
Can anyone take pictures of your height and also what yuor coils look like so I can eyeball where to make the adjustments the first time?
I have a picture of my height with Megan's LP, but no picture of the coil sorry

Old 02-16-11, 05:55 AM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Make sure you get a starting measurement before you start for reference. Set the Megan's with a setting 1" shorter than the stock height of the removed struts. Drop the car, take her around the block and check you dimensions. Now you're ready for round two. It took me four downward adjustments and then one up to get it equal and level where I wanted it. Good luck.
Old 03-01-11, 07:05 PM
scyul
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just fished installing my EZ's.... Pretty happy with the trunk liners cutout!
Attached Thumbnails Megan EZ Coil-over install-rear-adjust.jpg  
Old 03-02-11, 04:47 AM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Just finished installing my EZ's.... Pretty happy with the trunk liners cutout!
Nice Job! Having cut 1-1/2" holes, I appreciate how hard it is to perfectly align the hole as you did. It's clear to me that the height of the adjustment **** does push through the trunk liner. Be aware to all the others who have installed Megan's and did not cut a relief hole that the trunk liner "pushing down" on the **** caused mine to screw in by itself. I noticed a stiffer ride after a month and did not know why it had changed until I removed the liner to make adjustments again. I cut the hole once I found both sides had screwed in by themselves.

Quick Reply: Megan EZ Coil-over install