New Member 1st Photos

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-10, 12:21 PM
NWcoast
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member 1st Photos

Hello Everyone!

My first post was on Kat'y age poll the other day. I am following up wth photos of my 2002 SC.

By way of my car's history, she first showed up at Lexus of Palm Beach, FL on 10-22-01. Her production number 1s 401.

After spending the early years in the Miami area, she was put on a transport and followed her owner's job transfer diagonally across the country to Seattle. After a year or so she was put up for sale at which time I was the lucky one to acquire her and a beauty she is, barely a flaw with 41,400 miles and all the paperwork you could ask for. She did have a small dimple/ding just under the driver's door handle so I took her the local Lexus dealer who for $125. would fix it. When they were finished they said that it was 98-99% gone and because it wasn't 100% in their eyes there was no charge. I couldn't tell the difference. Maybe because I was already a customer they gave me a courtesy break. Regardless, I appreciated the gesture.

Anyway, she has found a good home and wil be pampered. Might have to get an electric blanket for her being up north now. Its been 16 months and all is well. I am looking forward to all the future postings on the forum especially now that this classic is out of production.

JC
Attached Thumbnails New Member 1st Photos-lexus-sc-430-7-16-09-001.jpg   New Member 1st Photos-lexus-sc-430-7-16-09-003.jpg   New Member 1st Photos-lexus-sc-430-7-16-09-005.jpg   New Member 1st Photos-lexus-sc-430-7-16-09-006.jpg   New Member 1st Photos-lexus-sc-430-7-16-09-009.jpg  

Old 12-03-10, 03:38 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NWcoast
Hello Everyone!

My first post was on Kat'y age poll the other day. I am following up wth photos of my 2002 SC.

By way of my car's history, she first showed up at Lexus of Palm Beach, FL on 10-22-01. Her production number 1s 401.

After spending the early years in the Miami area, she was put on a transport and followed her owner's job transfer diagonally across the country to Seattle. After a year or so she was put up for sale at which time I was the lucky one to acquire her and a beauty she is, barely a flaw with 41,400 miles and all the paperwork you could ask for. She did have a small dimple/ding just under the driver's door handle so I took her the local Lexus dealer who for $125. would fix it. When they were finished they said that it was 98-99% gone and because it wasn't 100% in their eyes there was no charge. I couldn't tell the difference. Maybe because I was already a customer they gave me a courtesy break. Regardless, I appreciated the gesture.

Anyway, she has found a good home and wil be pampered. Might have to get an electric blanket for her being up north now. Its been 16 months and all is well. I am looking forward to all the future postings on the forum especially now that this classic is out of production.

JC
Hi JC,

Except for the license plate & the wheels, those could be pix of my car.

So where you at in WA? I'm in Beaverton, OR.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) At 64 you're just a kid. But is sure is nice being an old-timer & enjoying a car so much.
Old 12-03-10, 04:01 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome, are you sure an electric blanket will be enough. I think you should get the garage heated and soon too. lol She looks like a fine lady. I'm sure she will treat you right in the years ahead.
Old 12-03-10, 05:16 PM
tfeni52355
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome JC

Congrats on owning one of the most timeless cars ever produced. I can never see enough of that Ecru interior with the blond wood trim. However I am a little partial !

Since the SC is out of production I am toying with the idea of a second one. A later year model. One for her. One for me. Seems only logical.......

Good Luck with her.
Old 12-03-10, 06:42 PM
NWcoast
Driver School Candidate

Hi Jerry,

I live west of Tacoma on Fox Island near Gig Harbor.

QHiUOTE=JerryB;5972721]Hi JC,

Except for the license plate & the wheels, those could be pix of my car.

So where you at in WA? I'm in Beaverton, OR.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) At 64 you're just a kid. But is sure is nice being an old-timer & enjoying a car so much.[/QUOTE]
Old 12-03-10, 08:45 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tfeni52355
Since the SC is out of production I am toying with the idea of a second one. A later year model. One for her. One for me. Seems only logical.......
Two?!?! I don't think I'll be able to handle two in the same household.
Old 12-03-10, 09:26 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats and welcome! Do you have any modifications or services you are planning right away? What's your priority list? Beautiful combination! You need a black on black or a black on ecru one for the other car!
Old 12-04-10, 06:03 PM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow...that is a seriously clean interior!

Nice car...and welcome!
Old 12-05-10, 05:44 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Your car looks brand new!

Beautiful!

Katy
Old 12-06-10, 01:02 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Decent looking car you got there.... Congrats JC. She looks immaculate. You will definitely enjoy ownership of her for many years to come.
Old 12-06-10, 03:34 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Beautiful! Thinking about the SC430. A friend of mine's mom might be selling hers. Up until this possibility, I have not looked an SC. Now I am perusing through these threads.
Old 12-06-10, 05:43 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car and welcome!
Old 12-30-10, 12:27 PM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by NWcoast
Hello Everyone!

JC
I have the exact same one, with twisters, will take a pic when the weather clears up here in ATL, like today or tomorrow. Nice.
Old 12-31-10, 06:28 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Very Classy! Love the white--if I had not gotten my black/black. I would have gotten a white with tan or black interior.For Christmas.. Santa got me a classy frame..and did a clay bar/ swirl remover on Eboi.

Katy
Attached Thumbnails New Member 1st Photos-img_4081.jpg  
Old 12-31-10, 07:06 AM
mandyfig

Love that plate! It is truly exciting to own this classic car.

Quick Reply: New Member 1st Photos