SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-10, 06:27 PM
surteco
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Radio

I have an '07 Peb Beach. Had Vais Sat put in after I bought it and almost never listen to the CD or Radio. From the begining I noticed the left chanel will come in and out when hitting bumps ONLY when the CD or radio is on not when the Sat is in use. Had to send the Vais back for reprograming and have been forced to listen to the CD/Radio. I believe I should get this checked out since the car is out of waranty in a few weeks. Anyone else had this problem? Sounds like a loose speaker connection, but if so would be that way even with the Sat. The balance has to be turned to + 5 on the left side to balance it out. Then when a bump is hit, comes in loud and clear until the next bump. About 2 years ago had the dealer check and said nothing was wrong. Should have pushed for a solution then but didn't have time.

Thanks for comments.
Old 10-11-10, 07:41 PM
scdroptop

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Yep, no brainer surteco-take to dealer. All ML's will go out eventually. Could be a loose connection from amp or head unit or could be the speaker is on it's way out. Either way, best to be sure especially if you warranty is about to expire.
Old 10-12-10, 06:27 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

If it's intermittent only with the CD/radio, not with the Sat radio, it can't be the amp or the speakers.

When you removed the Vais module to send back to them, did you just unplug it from the harness, or did you completely remove the harness (and Y-cable) from the car)?

I had the exact same problem once, and it turned out to be the Y-cable that the Vais used. I replaced the Y-cable and the problem was gone forever.
Old 10-13-10, 10:34 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Habious is right. If the Y cable is still in there, try removing it and see if the problem goes away. It is real easy to manufacture a poor quality cable to save money and unfortunately, too many manufacturers have discovered that and don't seem to care about the quality issue, only their COGS.
Old 10-16-10, 03:39 AM
surteco
Driver

Thanks for the info. I had the Vaise unit installed and also removed for return, therefore I did not see the install. I just got the unit back from Vaise. I will request a new cable and have it put in with the reinstall. Interestingly enough. with the Vaise unit out (last few weeks) the problem is still there. I assume the cable is still in place even with the unit out.
Old 10-28-10, 06:53 PM
surteco
Driver

Originally Posted by Habious
If it's intermittent only with the CD/radio, not with the Sat radio, it can't be the amp or the speakers.

When you removed the Vais module to send back to them, did you just unplug it from the harness, or did you completely remove the harness (and Y-cable) from the car)?

I had the exact same problem once, and it turned out to be the Y-cable that the Vais used. I replaced the Y-cable and the problem was gone forever.
Habious,

Thanks ever so much for your input. I got the module back from Vais and after your post had them send me a new Y cable. It was reinstalled today and the problem is gone.

Again, Many thanks.
Surt
Old 10-29-10, 07:41 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by surteco
Habious,

Thanks ever so much for your input. I got the module back from Vais and after your post had them send me a new Y cable. It was reinstalled today and the problem is gone.

Again, Many thanks.
Surt
Glad I could help!
Old 10-29-10, 05:10 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All our good CL members have such great information to help with so many questions! What a wonderful resource we have here on this forum!! Share the knowledge everyone!

Katy
Old 10-29-10, 05:56 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by azkaty
All our good CL members have such great information to help with so many questions! What a wonderful resource we have here on this forum!! Share the knowledge everyone!

Katy
Hi Katy,

I could not agree more.

What a great site!

Jerry Baumchen
Old 10-29-10, 07:16 PM
scdroptop

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Amen! Many very helpful posts over the years.
Old 10-30-10, 12:37 PM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Club Lexus is a Great Resource ! In the words of GI Joe "Knowing is Half the Battle"