SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Bummer, my turn for a crunch

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-10, 03:47 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts
Default Bummer, my turn for a crunch

There I was parked so inocently at the airport and return to find that someone had backed into my car. It looks like the damage is fairly limited to just sheet metal, but I will have to have it checked out and check the wheel to make sure he didn't bend that also. I was very fortunate that it was someone responsible enough to leave me his name and phone number. Now I just have to catch him at his phone...
Attached Thumbnails Bummer, my turn for a crunch-accident-10-7-10.jpg  
Old 10-07-10, 04:04 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Harold-i am so sorry that happened to you....BUT it is truly a blessing these days (and in these times too) that someone is responsible to leave you their name/number.

Bummer! The inconvenience is such a hassle too. Glad no one was hurt and you got a name and number though---could have been much much worse! Keep us posted on the repair process.
Old 10-07-10, 04:34 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Man, I feel for ya! That's my biggest concern is a parking garage hit. I park in a garage where the spaces are narrow and every time I return to the car I inspect it for hits and dings. Wish you luck on your repair and hope they can get a match on the paint.
Old 10-07-10, 05:01 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Yeah, the spaces here are tight also but at least they double line them so that folks attempt to center their vehicles in the space. Unfortunately, the only space that I could find on Tuesday was one that was on the end. I was nervous about taking it but I was concerned about folks taking the corner a bit too tight, I didn't think about the folks across the aisle backing into me. But I was desparate and running out of time...
Old 10-07-10, 05:22 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Hope he left you the right phone number!! If not, check to see if the lot has surveilence video before they record over it.

Having been there, I feel your pain. If you're like me, you're not gonna feel right until its fixed.
Old 10-07-10, 06:56 PM
m3nv
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that sucks... hope you get everything sorted out.
Old 10-08-10, 09:20 AM
toxic
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my parking garage at work I found the perfect spot. Right between two poles and a walkway. Single car spot, flanked by yellow poles and no one can park anywhere near it. When I got to the airport, it is a roll of the dice but I will go waaaaay out of my way to find a safe(er) spot. Sorry to see you got dinged!!

TOXIC
Old 10-08-10, 11:20 AM
Bon
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

"To whom it concerns: I just hit your car one everyone is watching me write this note and they think I'm leaving my phone number. Sorry."
Old 10-08-10, 11:32 AM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's gut wrenching to come back from a trip and find your car damaged. Been there myself. Came back from a trip a few years ago after 3 days and my 3 week old E320 had a dent the size of Delaware (ok, MAYBE smaller) in the driver's door.

My first thought was, "OMG, what will my CarFax look like now?" Luckily, the driver left me name, phone, insurance company rep name and number. It wasn't a terrible experience. Some minor inconvenience but it could have been worse.

Good luck to you... I hope it is fixed to your satisfaction very quickly!
Old 10-08-10, 11:37 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Bon
"To whom it concerns: I just hit your car one everyone is watching me write this note and they think I'm leaving my phone number. Sorry."
hahaha

funny...
Old 10-08-10, 01:33 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

I dragged my feet a little before calling him, partially because I didn't want to call from my car on the way home and because I wanted to be able to write information down. I got a hold of him today and am working with his insurance company, which is dragging their feet. (When I called them with the claim #, they said that they needed to contact the other driver to make sure that he did indeed back into me. Kind of strange since he is the one that made the claim in the first place...)

Nothing like seeing a big dent and scrape mark everytime I walk out to get into my car.
Old 10-08-10, 02:18 PM
Lapraka
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain man... Soon all will be in the past At least "your" guys was nice enough to leave his info... MY GUY proceeded on keying 3 panels (fender - door - hood) before he disappeared
Old 10-08-10, 02:33 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapraka
.... MY GUY proceeded on keying 3 panels (fender - door - hood) before he disappeared
Envy does bad things to people. That's just bad Kharma waiting to happen for him...

Ommmmm Ommmmmm...
Old 10-08-10, 06:16 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh Harold ..I am so upset for you!

I think I would be physically ill if that happened to Eboni!\

Arizona just got hit with a MASSIVE hail storm, and I can't tell you how many cars and houses were mashed..

We are writing car lots full of bashed vehicles.. CAT teams are flying in..it's the worst storm AZ has ever seen. The weather is really amazing..

We will be writing estimates for weeks on homes and cars.

My house got hit, but my baby was safe inside the garage.

Talk about Mayhem!

What a mess!. Bob barely missed getting hit by a flying palm tree!
Katy
Old 10-08-10, 08:56 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

Not to make light of Harold's fender bender, cause it is awful to see one of our beloved cars with fender damage. I was wondering Katy did any of Arizona's Zoos, lose any monkeys in the storm? I was in phoenix just a little while ago and could have sworn there were some flying monkeys driving cars.

Quick Reply: Bummer, my turn for a crunch