sc430 Chick Car??

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-10, 09:45 AM
Bryan858
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Ride

Originally Posted by scdroptop
I can't imagine my 2004 S2000 dropped like yours, Bryan858!!! Ouch!!! it is a go-cart stock and you feel like you can roll the window down and touch the ground! LOl lowered it must be even worse!
AHhahha, It is not as bad as it looks, I have Adjustable coilovers with adjustable dampening. The ride is actually pretty close to the factory original AP1 which I believe was designed stiffer than the AP2's and actually has more gound clearnace than my LS. Ahaha, and I never really thought about how the window seems like it would hit the ground till you mentioned it. Great fun car.

Thanks for all of your replies guys. I am definetly considering it as the wife probably won't let me get anything else as she already has her heart set on the SC unless I can arguee any bad points to it.. Any other drivers around 6ft tall that don't feel comfortable inside? Are you able to see the stoplights if your on the line?

Great info on all the other cars I've been considering. It explians a couple things I've discovered, IE. Boxter S listed cheap due to blown engine and no warranty to replace. Thanks again everyone....
Old 09-08-10, 11:26 AM
jomo3640
Driver

I think a lot also has to do with the color/color combination
Old 09-08-10, 02:41 PM
pageme1911
Driver School Candidate

Talking Chick Magnet

I just wanted to state what has already been said. The SC 430 is a beautiful car with seductive styling. This is why women gravitate to it. Its like a moth to a flame. Its not a chick car, its a chick magnet.

pageme1911
Old 09-08-10, 06:26 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pageme1911
I just wanted to state what has already been said. The SC 430 is a beautiful car with seductive styling. This is why women gravitate to it. Its like a moth to a flame. Its not a chick car, its a chick magnet.

pageme1911
With all the guys on the SC forum..I would have to say the SC is a guy magnet as well!
Katy
Old 09-08-10, 08:12 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bryan858
AHhahha, It is not as bad as it looks, I have Adjustable coilovers with adjustable dampening. The ride is actually pretty close to the factory original AP1 which I believe was designed stiffer than the AP2's and actually has more gound clearnace than my LS. Ahaha, and I never really thought about how the window seems like it would hit the ground till you mentioned it. Great fun car.

Thanks for all of your replies guys. I am definetly considering it as the wife probably won't let me get anything else as she already has her heart set on the SC unless I can arguee any bad points to it.. Any other drivers around 6ft tall that don't feel comfortable inside? Are you able to see the stoplights if your on the line?

Great info on all the other cars I've been considering. It explians a couple things I've discovered, IE. Boxter S listed cheap due to blown engine and no warranty to replace. Thanks again everyone....
6 foot here and i got a few extra inches to spare for moving the set back. No issues at all with leg room nor head room. But you DEFINITELY need to try it out since we're likely not going to have the same torso/leg ratio and my a$$ is really skinny. I've seen short chubby people who need to move thier seat back further than me!

If you're worried about it being a chick car, just get it all in black - black outside, dark tint, dark rims. Plus get fat tires and lower it.

Oh, and make sure that when the top is down and the radio is blarring, don't be playing Britney Spears. My theme song is now "Back N' Black" AC/DC!!
Attached Thumbnails sc430 Chick Car??-edp1010025.jpg  

Last edited by Peter_Klim; 09-08-10 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-09-10, 02:02 AM
gripau1
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

100% agreeing with the black on black or silver on black is a more muscular look than a beige interior.
Old 09-09-10, 02:56 AM
djMaru
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

whats the point having a back seat in sc430? I think it is girls car.
Old 09-09-10, 08:58 AM
pageme1911
Driver School Candidate

Cool

There is a back seat in all sc's. So maybe you are right, your car is also in the same class.
Old 09-09-10, 09:18 PM
5moss
Driver School Candidate

My 16 year old son has been driving my sc430. He says it's a girl car, because the engine is too quiet, and it's red. BUT - He loves driving around with the top down, and he loves that the car is a chick magnet!
Old 09-10-10, 05:03 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 153 Posts

I can't believe this is still being discussed. A couple stories. About 3 weeks ago I was in town with the top down and a large gutter and siding truck pulled up along side me at a light and the guys started asking me about the car. One of the three said it was one of the coolest cars he had aver seen. These were not feminine men. These are working guys. In my part of the world this is the NASCAR crowd. I am sure that if you told them they liked a chicks car they would be offended. Then just last week, I had my driveway sealed. I had the car in the garage with the door open. I closed it during the work and the one guy asked me to open the garage door when he was finished so he could look at the car. His word was awesome.
Maybe a lot of women drive this car, but clearly it is not viewed as a chicks car by the the working guys that would normally like the Porsche or corvette. On top of that, it is a chick magnet. Lots of comments by the women.

Oh, by the way, mine is Smokey granite mica with a saddle interior with tourmaline wheels. Great combo.
Old 09-10-10, 06:44 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the view of being a "chicks car" is because some women who have never expressed interest in cars, now are making comments about the SC430. They see a porsche or vette-not a word. That, however does not make it a chicks car. As many have said before me, it makes it a chick magnet.
Old 09-10-10, 07:52 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

If a "chick's car" helps you get more chicks and get noticed more, then who cares, right?

This issue comes up a bunch on my infiniti forums about FX35's being chick-suv's and not real manly suv's. I do see a ton of females driving my FX35 but as I've said before I really don't care...you can't help what you like!

I had several rx-7 convertibles...all were deemed as "chick cars" by my buddies, but I couldn't resist them. I loved those cars! Wish Mazda would bring back the rx-7.
Old 09-11-10, 07:08 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Droptop-you're right about Infiniti forums. I too go into the EX forums and they too do the chicks car thing. I thought they did it because the EX is a minature SUV. The forums there appear to be much less active. I posted there a week ago with a prob with my music box and still have'nt had a reply.
John
Old 09-12-10, 09:21 AM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My two cents worth: on the way to the DFW airport Friday for a weekend away, I pulled through a Starbucks. The very young, very pretty young lady flirted mercilessly and said that the only thing missing from the car would be her in the passenger seat. So, in my dotage, I'd love to think it was me, but I think the car was the star of that conversation!
Old 09-12-10, 09:49 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Great stories! Love to hear more...

Quick Reply: sc430 Chick Car??