SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-10, 08:06 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?

Some interesting finds this morning...

At the local Porsche Dealer, who always has one or two SC's for sale, found a stunning white with chrome wheels 2003 with 50k miles for $24k. Some proof about value on these cars.

White Aston Martin (I believe it's a Vanquish not a DB9)...WOW!

Porsche 911 Targa-very rare. Best of all worlds? 911 HT handling with the open sky? Nice!!!

New Porsche Cayenne! Very nice. Looks more sleek and more like the 2007+ facelift that all p-cars got but this model. After all it's been rolling on the 2003 body for quite some time. I like it. I'm more-sport, less utility kind of guy since I've had both my FX35's. For the price though (the one I looked at read $62k on the sticker) I'll stick to my $45k FX35 with similar performance. God forbid I looked at the Cayenne Turbo, GTS or even the S model! YIKES!
Attached Thumbnails Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-5photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-3photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-10photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-8photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-15photo.jpg  

Old 08-21-10, 08:11 AM
scdroptop

Default More Pics

At the same dealer still...

A new bodystyle 7-Series already for sale. IMO much sharper than previous bodystyles. I would NEVER get this car over a LS!!! To me the LS is the ultimate value for the big sedans.

Another cayenne and some crazy tricked out 911 997 Turbo widebody...appeared to be stock but very very nice.

Nissan GT-R Wow...have you all heard this thing growl? Like a Ferrari!!!

Nice MBZ SL550. Wow! 500hp.

335CI hard top convertible. Is this competing with the IS-C? Really? I think it's much sharper and the twin turbo is sweet on it.

Sorry about the sun/shadow in the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-6photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-13photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-11photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-14photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-4photo.jpg  

Old 08-21-10, 08:19 AM
scdroptop

Default Now at the Lexus Dealer (Park Place)

Interesting find to some of the car shoppers who have posted recently asking, "is this a good deal" or "what should I pay" threads...

2002 SC430 black on black (rare combo IMO) very very clean, new RFT's dinner plates and retailed at a high volume/high end Lexus Dealer who sells a ton of SC's is the premier car featured on the lift at the used car section!

LOL...this is the same spot that usually Porsches, Maserati or Pebble Beach cars stand!

$20,794 and it's yours. Only problem is 83k+ miles. Yikes! Probably bought the car for $15k and you are looking at a $18k best buy if I had to guess. This dealer has sold about 20 used SC's in the past month alone. Based on this as well as the number of new SC owners on this site, I'd say the used market for SC's is healthy.

Very very clean car!!!! For you shoppers out there this is Park Place Plano, Tx www.parkplacetexas.com

Another Nissan GTR!!! Recession!!! One man's loss is another's find!

Nice Silver 2008/2009 (wheels) all cleaned up and ready for it's new owner!

And...my jaw dropped when I saw this color in the ES. Really? BTW it was next to a row of burgandy (two different shades) of ES's. Ironically no silver, white or black ES's on the lot. One of those funky blue colored ones.

So...brings me to my final parting question...what is up with the direction that Lexus is taking with colors? A sporty convertible in NO true red? (ISC) A sedan offered in two burgandy colors, a smurf blue and this brown color? The sherbet green color on the HS? Interesting, isn't it? Wow!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-16photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-17photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-20photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-21photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-18photo.jpg  

Old 08-21-10, 08:27 AM
scdroptop

Default Forgot two...sorry!

Nice white SL up on the lift ready to find a new owner. No back seat...dependability...performance...but has cooled seats, push button start and vibrating seats. Old school CD changer in the trunk...really? I don't know. I would love a SL55 or SL600 but can't justify the price over a SC.

Okay, this is my question of the BMW vs G37 vs ISC convertibles...

Is the 135 or the 335 a competitor to the G/ISC? The 135 is a rag top (do they make it in a HT convertible?) but the price is similar to the ISC250 and the base G37. The 335 gives you performance like a G37 and ISC350 but the price is $10k north of that. I guess there is one more I didn't mention...the 328CI or 330 (not sure what the number is today)...they make that in a HT convertible too. Interesting marketing segmentation for Bimmers, isn't it???

Last Pic: Very very rare Porsche 911 Strosek convertible. I've only seen one in my life and one online for sale. Bad blow out! Very cool. For you p-car lovers-have you all every seen/heard of these? Nice huh???
Attached Thumbnails Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-22photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-1photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-7photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-4photo.jpg   Saturday Morning Car-Run after Starbucks...Some SC's and P-cars, Aston and ES colors?-12photo.jpg  

Old 08-22-10, 04:01 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think they make the 1 series in a HT convertible, only in the 3 series. At least not yet. Drove my daughter-in-law's 335i, more growl than an SC, I think a little faster also. I really didn't get on it too much, didn't want to hurt her "baby".
Old 08-22-10, 07:58 AM
scdroptop

steady-Nice! Always fun to drive family/friends cars that you would probably not buy but wanted to test drive at the dealer just to see what they were like but didn't want to go through the hassle of going to the dealer!

A TON of ladies in my neighborhood have black and white 335's in both the coupe and the HT convertible. One guy has a white with red leather that's cool like the 07 PB.
Old 08-22-10, 09:17 AM
jimmer!
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
A new bodystyle 7-Series already for sale. IMO much sharper than previous bodystyles.
I wholly agree SC.
The turnaround started when chris bangle was kicked upstairs.
come to think about it, bangle is out of there.
wonder where he went?
whatever car manufacturer it is, we need to keep an eye on him.
Old 08-23-10, 12:25 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Whats up with the rear tire of that porsche 911 Strosek??
Old 08-24-10, 09:35 PM
scdroptop

just an expensive blowout with some collatoral damage to the sweet 18x10 BBS rims! Nothing much but a $3k mistake I'm sure! LOL It's been sitting there for a while.