Install complete: Dash Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-10, 05:13 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Install complete: Dash Kit

Install is done without problems.

First photo shows shifter, coin storage, nav frame, and AC panels.

Photo 2 is speaker rings, mirror panel, dimmer panel, and AC vent.

Photo 3 shows why I didn't cover AC control center. Brushed alum matches audio. Besides, AC control panel was 2-piece instead of one.

Photo 4 also shows ignition ring panel.

I decided not to use the window switch panels because they were not recessed. I had previously decided not to use the glove box panels.

I am happy with the install. I don't think I overdid it-What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Install complete: Dash Kit-dsc03477.jpg   Install complete: Dash Kit-dsc03473.jpg   Install complete: Dash Kit-dsc03474.jpg   Install complete: Dash Kit-dsc03475.jpg   Install complete: Dash Kit-dsc03478.jpg  

Old 06-24-10, 10:58 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the post and taking so much time to post pics. I am on the fence on this one. The color looks more than a little off on the parts that touch factory wood, and those are the parts that look best on the kit. My favorite part of this car is the interior, this kit is a tough decision.
Old 06-24-10, 11:53 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default Color match

I think color matching is really tough. The dealer messed up the door on my ash tray when they replaced my stereo and had to replace that door. The color did not match and they ordered a new one. It also did not match and Lexus said that was the best they could do because of variations in wood as well as the aging. The color variation is why I did not use the door switch panels. On the other hand, in the sun, the variation is less noticeable, especially the gear shift panel-which is the one I like best.
Old 06-24-10, 04:03 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default Changed my mind!!

Too much difference in color. Went out today in the bright sun with top down. It is much more noticeable. While I will live with it, I no longer recommend, only because of color. Quality of cuts are great and if we weren't trying to match I would definately recommend. I am going to order a kit for my wifes Infiniti EX because we don't have to match anything.
Old 06-25-10, 03:37 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was at Lexus today looking at a 2010 and noticed that they upgraded some of the trim from plain black to a richer looking color. Might be a better option than trying to match wood. Thanks again for the honest review Solman. Still can't believe when looking at the ten that someone will spend near 70K for this car. So many more choices now.
Old 06-26-10, 11:19 AM
Cliff1F2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Solman, I have been waiting to decide what to do about this kit, and wanted to see how good a color match you achieved. I can esily see the differences in the pieces you installed v. the factory pieces. That doesn't bode well. On the other hand, my wood is the darker walnut, so that may compensate somewhat. Also, my car is a 2008, so aging may not be as inportant a factor. What to do, what to do? I suppose I could order the kit and see how close the match is before installing, and if it is too different from factory, send the kit back. Were you able to get any idea of how close a match you were going to have prior to installation?