SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

I got all of these lights in the dash please help!

Old 12-15-09, 08:29 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I got all of these lights in the dash please help!

Sorry but my car came with a 2006 SC430 manual so I don't have the one for my 2002. I know that though if I get these lights the 02 manual will say "take to Lexus dealership" if I get the VSC lights as I did in my IS300, but never the check engine as well which is more worrisome. But anyway car runs fine and I was driving along fine...gave the car to the building valet (who I know didn't douche around with it) and had all these lights on when they returned it (no extra mileage and they park it literally 15 feet right next to the building so I know they didn't hit anything / drive crazy)...

[IMG][/IMG]

I think I'm going to take it into Lexus when I have time (?) probably in next few weeks as I also need to do the 60k service + oil. Do you think it will be okay until then or more urgent?

PS: My TPM have been dead for 3 weeks now so do you think it triggered this?
Old 12-15-09, 08:35 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

just in time for christmas. i've never seen that many light up at once. the vsc and vsc off will often come on together. sometimes they just have to be reset. and the bottom light is your tps. the check engine could be anything. personally, i'd want to get it checked asap.
Old 12-15-09, 08:49 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

^damn it...

I had the VSCs go on in my IS and it was no prob (except in rain) but I'm really worried about the check engine more than anything. The TPM is a time bomb...

Do you think they just need to reset something?
Old 12-15-09, 09:22 PM
CAMAracer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That CEL is the weird one out of the bunch...seems to me that stupid speed sensor is the culprit...but that wouldn't explain the CEL. And the car isn't giving out any obvious signs, right?

Check the air in your tires to make sure you're not running low (even if your sensors are dead), try pulling the battery for a few minutes (or an hour) and see if that doesn't reset the lights.

A quick trip to Autozone maybe for a free check on that CEL, maybe? It's annoying as heck, but it can be something benign or something serious...best to get it resolved sooner rather than later.

You recently haven't done anything at all to your car, have you?
Old 12-15-09, 09:38 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

^nothing done to the car...I filled up gas a few hours earlier though I drove it around half hour post that and turned the car on / off at least 3 times since with no probs. Seriously, the car was fine and left at the valet and when I returned 3 hours post they said all the lights were on when they handed it back...I trust them...

Hmmm...I may have to go to Lexus tomorrow and hope its nothing major + I need an oil change and the 60k service sometimes soon as well...

I did a search and people had this problem due to the speed sensor (what the hell)...is that a necessary part?
Old 12-15-09, 09:51 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

sometimes a loose gas cap will give you a check engine light.
Old 12-15-09, 09:57 PM
VVTiBob

Received 264 Likes on 200 Posts

Make sure the gas cap is correctly closed. Could someone have messed with the TMPS inside the glove box on the right side...one for regular tires one for winter set? When they put on my new ones at the tire store that set off the sensor and just needed a reset at the dealer... BTW there is a thread for the both the VSC and VSC OFF lights. You need to make up a short jumper wire. I've used it before and it works perfectly.
Old 12-15-09, 10:47 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

May sound like 101 troubleshooting, but I would check tire pressure, gas cap and reset ECU (take off battery terminals) for 30 minutes or more before you bring it in. I sent you a PM too IStoSC. Hang in there...may not be as bad as you think.
Old 12-16-09, 04:03 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
May sound like 101 troubleshooting, but I would check tire pressure, gas cap and reset ECU (take off battery terminals) for 30 minutes or more before you bring it in. I sent you a PM too IStoSC. Hang in there...may not be as bad as you think.
^^^1, good advice, I'd add on more thing, drive a mile while activating and deactivating the the VSC
Old 12-16-09, 06:13 AM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Tromly I can't turn vsc on or off it's always of

Last edited by IStoSC; 12-16-09 at 06:18 AM.
Old 12-16-09, 07:33 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 408 Likes on 358 Posts

You can reset the ECU without pulling the battery. There are instructions in a thread earlier this month, I believe. I'd try that first before pulling the battery cables just so you don't have to go and re-set back up all your settings if the procedure does work. If it doesn't work, pull the battery cables.
Old 12-16-09, 08:01 AM
antigeek
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Harold57
You can reset the ECU without pulling the battery. There are instructions in a thread earlier this month, I believe. I'd try that first before pulling the battery cables just so you don't have to go and re-set back up all your settings if the procedure does work. If it doesn't work, pull the battery cables.
You can find that post here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5010371-post14.html
Old 12-16-09, 09:29 AM
Lapraka
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once... my Cruize Control light blinked and such. A reset fixed the problem.
Old 12-16-09, 09:57 AM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

damn.. a lot of warning lights.

Could be 02 sensor, abs sensor, tire sensor or gas cap... like members have suggested, reset the ecu first and get the trouble codes at autozone.
Old 12-16-09, 10:18 AM
diablo360
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, my car just started to have the same problem, minus the ABS light. Mine also has a rough idle, and it chokes a little when I step on the gas. However, it exhibited those symptoms before the lights came on. I'll report back on the diagnosis as soon as I get it checked out.

What sucks is that I just bought it 2 weeks ago (04/40k miles) from a Lexus dealer. It was a CPO car and I told them to take the CPO off (reduced the price by $3000). I know this problem isn't going to cost that much if I take it to an independent/toyota mechanic but maybe I should've at least bought a secondary extended warranty? Blah.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I got all of these lights in the dash please help!