SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique? I will Illustrate for you!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-09, 09:32 PM
NMLexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a Neiman Marcus SC430 and here are the "extras" that I can think of:

-Thundercloud exterior color
-custom car cover with the red Lexus logo on cover
-red leather interior
-red carpeting
-red floormats
-red engine cover
-red handle on tonneau cargo cover
-illuminated doorsills in blue
-badge with unique number
-Rosewood maple trim

Congrats on your new PB edition, scdroptop!
Old 10-27-09, 09:45 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

oh wow! Your car has the famous red handle on the tonneau cargo cover too? Wow...I thought 2005 PB's were the only ones! I'm not so special anymore he he

Blue doorsills? I bet that is cool looking.

Thanks...post some pics please on your NM. We'd all love to see them. That car is so rare and so beautiful. You are extremely lucky to have. What number is it?

We should start a Special Edition Sticky or category since there are eight different models now!
Old 10-28-09, 04:25 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
oh wow! Your car has the famous red handle on the tonneau cargo cover too? Wow...I thought 2005 PB's were the only ones! I'm not so special anymore he he

Blue doorsills? I bet that is cool looking.

Thanks...post some pics please on your NM. We'd all love to see them. That car is so rare and so beautiful. You are extremely lucky to have. What number is it?

We should start a Special Edition Sticky or category since there are eight different models now!
Great idea, just love the thunder cloud color on the NM, this is the best thread ever !!
Old 10-28-09, 04:27 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NMLexus
I own a Neiman Marcus SC430 and here are the "extras" that I can think of:

-Thundercloud exterior color
-custom car cover with the red Lexus logo on cover
-red leather interior
-red carpeting
-red floormats
-red engine cover
-red handle on tonneau cargo cover
-illuminated doorsills in blue
-badge with unique number
-Rosewood maple trim

Congrats on your new PB edition, scdroptop!
Bet CA has the most NM's in the nation, why not get a reunion someday ?? Love all the info you provided !!
Old 10-28-09, 07:01 AM
surteco
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default PB Wheels

Originally Posted by scdroptop
When I started my quest for another SC, I really wanted red/ecru. As you all grimmaced through my decision making process with me, I fell more and more in love with the uniqueness of the PB Editions.

There are three or four of us "special edition" guys on here that are fairly active...VietPrince has the MOST RARE special edition, the NM (100 made) and the rest of us have pretty rare cars...400-600 made each year. I believe someone just bought a 2008 PB on here too.

The 2005 Pebble Beach Edition (see my signature for all the proper terms) has some of the most unique features of all the Pebble Beach Cars. Arguably the White 2007, Black 2005 and the Silver Bell 2002 NM edition were the coolest looking cars with the stark red "pimento" interiors, but each PB Edition is very rare and very cool in their own right. The 2008-2010 models are kind of a blur because they are not that drastically different from each other. The first year 2004 was baby blue with a tan/black interior and unique wood, whereas the 2005 was black with bright red interior...

Each Pebble Beach is most easily identified by thet badges on the quarter panels.

The 2005 has several distinctive qualities that I will illustrate for you via pics

First five pics...the very uniqe headlights (only SC to have these), the red illuminated kick plates...side badges, middle console shifter badge and the floor mats can be seen in these pics. Also notice the dark birdseye maple used on a couple of other PB's too. Very unique. It's hard to capture the unique patterns unless it's really light...these are iphone pics so no flash.
THe wheels look like the '07 PB wheels from the factory. Did you just have them chromed? I have the '07 (white/pimento) and want to keep it basicaly original, however the chrome wheels would look great! Thanks Surteco
Old 10-28-09, 01:43 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

#85 of 100 NM is still running hard. I have been back and forth on selling the car but I absolutely have no problem keeping it. If it gets sold for $30k firm then i'll look into a 911 or nsx. In the meantime, the compliments continue everywhere i drive it.

I never understood why they put BLUE door sill on a car with RED interior and a silver exterior.

Rims are up for local trades if anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-img_0365.jpg  
Old 10-28-09, 04:12 PM
scdroptop

^^^ +1 The "ULTIMATE SILVER BELLE" DH784123's 07 and VietPrince's NM are my # 1 and # 2 fav on CL. Love it, man. Simply awesome. Show us some NM specific pics if you have any..the badge, engine cover, pull...anything else? Do you have the car cover? Truly a rare car. We have two on the CL!!! Any more? I was at Sewell Lexus in Dallas today and my service tech said she just serviced another NM yesterday for it's 7th oil change. I asked her what was significant about that, and she said that the car only had like 2,500 miles on it and didn't really need any service, just by the age...once a year they bring it in for service. WOW!!!!!!!!! 2500 miles in 7 years...almost 8.
Old 10-28-09, 05:49 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I bought a set of brand new NM blue door sills form a guy on ebay that had bought them as a spare set since his wife allways dragged her feet across the originals . he sold the car and I was able to buy them for my 2005 PB . Funny I like the original red ones that came with the car but the blue ones really look cool. They are easy to pop out and swap them and i do it several times a year. Its like when I want a change I do it. Thats what makes us car guys [ NUTS ] I even tryed to buy his car cover but he allready had sold it, The car cover is one rare part to ever find.

Buddy
Old 10-28-09, 07:10 PM
NMLexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some old pics, haven't taken any recently but will do so soon.

I've been to one of the meet ups in Northern CA before so a few CL members here know my car.

I've since changed the rims to the 2008+ 5 spokes, looks a lot better, the finish of the car and rim almost look like they were painted to match
Attached Thumbnails What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-img_1115.jpg   What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-img_1087.jpg   What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-img_1123.jpg   What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-img_1090.jpg   What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-img_1092.jpg  

Old 10-28-09, 07:18 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Viet, can you tell me what color the rims are...do they match your thoundercloud paint? I'm local and on the prowl for rims. My buddy picked up a cpo 335 but I'm still interested in your car nonetheless...

I'd say my favorite PB is the 2007 though...
Old 10-28-09, 07:46 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IStoSC
Viet, can you tell me what color the rims are...do they match your thoundercloud paint? I'm local and on the prowl for rims. My buddy picked up a cpo 335 but I'm still interested in your car nonetheless...

I'd say my favorite PB is the 2007 though...
Wheels are the original silver color that Avus makes. I have not made any changes to them.
Old 10-28-09, 07:50 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Here is my badge...
Attached Thumbnails What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-img_3815.jpg  
Old 10-28-09, 07:54 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Pic of the interior with black roof.
Attached Thumbnails What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-img_3818.jpg  
Old 10-28-09, 08:03 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Hope this pic will answer the mysteries of what comes with the NM package.
Attached Thumbnails What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-img_3842.jpg   What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique?  I will Illustrate for you!-img_3838.jpg  
Old 10-28-09, 08:40 PM
scdroptop

The NM wood is has a red tint, compared to the blackish/gray (almost like granite countertop) than our PB. Interesting that the PB/NM editions call the black pillars/headliner as a unique feature. I guess I never thought about it like that, but it does look cool in both cars.

One thing we never talk about about these cars is how COOL does the black belts look on the red seats??? I fell in love with that opposite option on the Porsche 996 Cabrio. I believe it was called the chrono option which had red or yellow seat belts, cluster and shifter console.

I wish there were more parts available for these cars...like floor mats, tonneau handles, etc. Unfortunately some time these will wear out, fade, break, etc and we will have to probably put normal SC (boo-whoo) stuff on there.

After seeing Viet's NM, it almost 100% positive that Pimento Red is the same as Candy Cane Red. Thundercloud is definitely a unique color just like the Black Pearl is.

Very very very cool. The NM is truly a unique car.

Quick Reply: What Makes a Pebble Beach Unique? I will Illustrate for you!