SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Contemplating on Selling my NM SC430 - What is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-09, 09:19 AM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Contemplating on Selling my NM SC430 - What is it worth?

Hi CL Members, I am debating on selling my car but unsure what its worth right now. As you can see it a 2002 Neiman Marcus SC430 with only 21,xxx miles on it. Florida car with no issues. I have installed the 06+ headlights, taillights, bumper, hood, and full vertex lip kit. 20" Avus 3pc wheels & H&R Springs. Engine is stock with K&N air filter. All maintenance up to date. Timing belt, water pump, fuel filter all changed last month. Running mobil1 synthetic oil. This car gets me many compliments and turns-heads. Again, this car is in perfect condition and garage parked. I'm sure you all are wondering why im selling...I'm shopping for a 911 turbo right now. Give me your opinions on what its worth. Thank you!

Last edited by vietpr1nce; 09-03-09 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-03-09, 10:19 AM
PHXSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking car. The mods you have done are very tasteful.
The trouble with setting a value is that most of the pricing guides will not specify a NM edition.
On top of that, you put a lot of coin into the mods you did, and that won't be in a pricing guide either. If your buyer wants a stock car, your mods would then hurt the value. Unlees your prospective buyer is knowledgeable, you'll have trouble getting a fair price since their value perspective will be relative to all of the "non-special" cars out there.
Have a KBB standard value, the receipts for all the work you did in hand (hope to get 1/2 what you paid), and add some more $$$ for the rarity of the car.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Old 09-03-09, 10:28 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i can't give you a price. but i can tell you that most likely you'll get more money converting is back to stock and selling off your upgrades individually. unless you get very lucky and find someone willing to pay more for the mods.

also, did you do any paint work to the car when you added your kit? if so, that could hurt the value.
Old 09-03-09, 11:21 AM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow...and you also live in S FL from what I can tell...tempting...
Old 09-03-09, 11:54 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

+1 what everyone else said.

That is a very specific car which will appeal to a very specific buyer. It is certainly not mass market. To get the most $$$, you'd have to be in no rush to sell and wait for the right buyer to find you, which could take quite some time.
Old 09-03-09, 12:19 PM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember when you got this car. Selling already? The car is incredible. Wish I could get it. Any chance you're willing to trade for 2005 SC? Haha
Old 09-03-09, 01:09 PM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO That is the cleanest SC i've seen thus far. Keep it.
Old 09-03-09, 02:13 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by playa3uhh
I remember when you got this car. Selling already? The car is incredible. Wish I could get it. Any chance you're willing to trade for 2005 SC? Haha
Thanks for the offer but no chance. im looking for something with more power.
Old 09-03-09, 02:16 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have a gorgeous car, you can get top dollar for it, 27-28K, it is rare and the red interior is to die for!! If you sell please use Ebay.
Old 09-03-09, 04:12 PM
lyyca
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow selling already?! I thought you just got it lol. Anyway, you're car looks great! Why sell it?
Old 09-03-09, 06:08 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lyyca
Wow selling already?! I thought you just got it lol. Anyway, you're car looks great! Why sell it?
Thanks, I did some mods over the year but I want to get into something with more speed. I'll sell at the right price, not in a rush. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of it but i'd like to get myself into a true sports car.
Old 09-03-09, 07:13 PM
farkas
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I want it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-09, 10:21 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

I have dom taste on a boones farm budget! I want it too, but my budget is $25k or so.

I bet you can fetch close to $30k for that easily. I would that for it if it had a warranty, bluetooth, etc. It is by far the sharpest SC I have seen on CL!

Wow. Very tasteful upgrades too. What an awesome car.

I'd love to see more NM owners join the CL so we can marvel at this car. I like the PB with the red interior too, but the silver just really sets it off.
Old 09-05-09, 10:22 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

you should list on dupont registry...very rare collector cars on there. eBay as well.

have you ever considered doing a TT engine swap or adding a supercharger? The 911 until really the 997 model 2005-current is very disappointing on the inside--IMHO doesn't even come close to a SC especially like your NM.

Look at youtube and do a search for Tom's SC. I believe he's got a supercharger on his with a widebody kit that just kills any Porsche unless you get a Turbo or C4S which would be 3x the cost I bet.

Trust me, I left Lexus to go to Porsche and now I wish I hadn't sold mine and never bought the pcar.
Old 09-05-09, 11:46 AM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was someone here a few months ago that was trying to sell his 2002 NM SC 430 from California. It had low mileage (less than 30,000, I believe) and I think he started off asking in the high 20's for it, but he got no bites. They were only going to offer him $22,500 as a trade in and he finally made a post that said he would sell it to whoever offered him more than the trade in amount. I know he wound up selling it, but he didn't get anywhere near what he thought (or hoped) he would get.

I think it's going to take a lot of luck to sell a car for significantly more than the book value. Just as mileage doesn't significantly affect what a car costs, I wouldn't think mods would, either. It's going to take that one certain person that REALLY wants the car to sell it for anywhere near $30,000.

Just as you put in a swimming pool and never get your money back from it, I think that's often what you risk when you do the mods, too. It may not be fair, it's just the way it is.

Quick Reply: Contemplating on Selling my NM SC430 - What is it worth?