SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Anyone with an Aftermarket Stereo System?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-09, 01:07 AM
roadrage
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with an Aftermarket Stereo System?

I want to upgrade my stereo system, at least the speakers. Does anyone have pictures of their after market stereo system? The system is good for stock but I want a cleaner sound.

Please attach pictures of your aftermarket stereo system.

Thanks!

Last edited by roadrage; 04-30-09 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-30-09, 05:49 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Roadrage,

You've hit on a topic that's been discussed here several times. There are pluses and minuses to replacing the factory stereo unit with an aftermarket one.

Check out these existing threads for more info:

Aftermarket subwoofer?

Is there an all-in-one radio/nav replacement?

2002 Aftermarket radio or replacement

Looking for a better audio option for an 02 SC430

Any ideas on custom stereo systems?

I went with the factory stereo system with a CarPC setup to give me more features/capabilities.

My CarPuter

There should be enough information in these threads to keep you busy for a while.
The following users liked this post:
maoslarx33 (09-03-23)
Old 03-13-12, 09:55 AM
jbar5563
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New amp, new stock radio and still not working GURU NEEDED!!

My 03 sc430 radio is still messing up after a new MLS astock amp and new stock radio. It plays perfect when im in park and driving down a smooth road but as soon as i hit a pot hole or make a sharp turn , the speakers cut in and out all the way around. OH MY GOD I'VE BEEN ****ING DUMP LOADS OF MONEY INTO THIS PROBLEM im at my wits end , almost thinking of trading it in!!! and its my dream car. I bought it and it had the problem but i figured i'de get ne speakers and i did new mls 6x9's in the doors but the problem still occured. I dont know what to do the guy at the stero shop said it was for sure my head unit he said they go bad on those cars all the time. Well he didnt know his **** apparently cause its still ****ing up!. I have a gut feeling its a bad ground wite but i cant trace it to the source.
Someone please help me with some insight what should i do? If i buy and aftermarket radio would that fix it?? i think i need all new wiring put in it but i'de hate spends hundreds of dollars on that and find out thats not the problem???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!