SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

20" Asanti AF 132

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-09, 06:47 PM
cdog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20" Asanti AF 132

I'm getting ready to place an order for a set of Asanti AF 132 wheels (20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear) Can anyone help me with tire size and brand recommendation? Asanti will not disclose the offsets to me as they stated it was confidential information and they configure the wheels to the vehicle. I'm not planning to lower the SC but I do want a nice fit (fill the wheelwell) with no rubbing.

Also does anyone have these wheels installed on their SC...pics would be great
Old 03-24-09, 07:48 PM
da-bizket
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cdog
Asanti will not disclose the offsets to me as they stated it was confidential information and they configure the wheels to the vehicle.
I don't think I would order something and, not know exactly what I'm getting. Nice way of saying you get what we have in stock, something close.

They know once you wait for it, then finally get it on your car, your probably not going to send it back. Unless there is a major problem. That's why they will probably be a real conservative setup.

You will also need the offsets if you ever try to sell them. I would ask again, it's a lot of money.

The wheel fitment thread shows:
http://www.lgwnorcal.com/articles/wheelfitment.html

20x8.5 +18 225 or 245
20x10 +24 275 or 285
Old 03-24-09, 07:57 PM
Hey Johnny
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cdog
I'm getting ready to place an order for a set of Asanti AF 132 wheels (20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear) Can anyone help me with tire size and brand recommendation? Asanti will not disclose the offsets to me as they stated it was confidential information and they configure the wheels to the vehicle. I'm not planning to lower the SC but I do want a nice fit (fill the wheelwell) with no rubbing.

Also does anyone have these wheels installed on their SC...pics would be great

I would be a little hesitantbuying wheels and not knowing what offsets I would be getting. You could use spacers later, but I always liked to know in advance what kind of fitment I was getting.

Are you looking for nice lips with no fender issues?
Old 03-25-09, 07:37 AM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would want to know the offsets. If your not going to lower the car it wont rub , but it wont fill the arches unless you lower it. Will look funny without a drop.

Then if you decide to drop it latter better make sure they got those offsets right, which id doubt.
Old 03-25-09, 08:07 AM
cdog
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys for the feedback. I'll keep beaten at their door to get the offsets. I find it a little strange that they won't provide the information.
Old 03-25-09, 11:18 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

if you buy from like d2 they will not give offsets. they have this thing about releasing offsets. they think they put all this work into finding the right offsets for you car that the offsets are their secret. kind of funny since you are paying them for the rims.
Old 03-25-09, 11:48 AM
robsvdp
Pole Position

Default Ignorant question:

If someone has the wheel in hand, can't they measure the offsets and share that with the world? Not sure how it's "confidential" information in that case.
Old 03-25-09, 02:18 PM
cdog
Driver School Candidate

Its an odd thing to not provide. Especially after dropping $4000 bucks for a set without tires
Old 03-25-09, 02:41 PM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kietlander
if you buy from like d2 they will not give offsets. they have this thing about releasing offsets. they think they put all this work into finding the right offsets for you car that the offsets are their secret. kind of funny since you are paying them for the rims.
Actually, some of the wheel manufacturers are the ones who don't like to reveal offsets. iForged is a good example. My guess is it keeps people from comparison shopping similar wheels from different manufacturers w/same offsets.
Not to take this thread off-topic, but I worked in-depth w/D2 and never got the feeling they were hiding anything... they were great to work with and I highly recommend them.
Old 03-25-09, 02:52 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

i say you can find out your own offsets to fit your own needs. check out the wheels section in this forum, romil has a nice brake down with offsets and tire size as well.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...l-fitment.html

this should help you out to figure out what you really need. spending 4k on wheels and not knowing what you are actually getting is kind of stupid. also dont forget about different disk faces for big brakes or not.
Old 03-25-09, 06:14 PM
Hey Johnny
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by intdiamond
Actually, some of the wheel manufacturers are the ones who don't like to reveal offsets. iForged is a good example. My guess is it keeps people from comparison shopping similar wheels from different manufacturers w/same offsets.
Not to take this thread off-topic, but I worked in-depth w/D2 and never got the feeling they were hiding anything... they were great to work with and I highly recommend them.

Thats some real BS. If I was going to spend 4k plus on wheels you better believe I'm gettign what I want and not what some wheel company thinks would be safe for my car.

When I sell wheels, I work with the customer to make sure he gets what he wants and we work together to give him the look he wants.

$4000 for wheels+ $1000 for tires and then $100+ for mounting only to have them not look right

EDIT: I'm not talking about D2, he knows his stuff. I'm talking about wheel companies that wont reveal offsets.