SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

VSC / VSC OFF Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-10, 09:21 PM
veilstylez
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old old post but this exact same thing happened to my SC today. And it was fixed with the jumper solution.
wanted to say thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by whitels
I'm having the same problem today on the SC430. Did you find any resolution? In my situation, a bad 0xygen sensor first caused the Check Engine Light to come on. I hooked up the car to a scan tool and diagnosed it was the 0xygen sensor for bank1 sensor1. Replaced the sensor with Denso 234-4209, a universal 4-wire system. Cleared the check engine light with the scan tool and test drove it. A few seconds when the car started moving, both the VSC and VSC OFF lights turned on. I stopped the engine and restarted and it was fine. Putting the car into drive and moving forward triggered it again. Tried it on both forward and reverse and the slightest motion would turn the VSC and VSC OFF lights on.

Checked the internet and found some people claimed brake fluid level topping off fixed it. I tried it but did not do good. I unplugged the battery for 15 minutes but it also did not do any good. Of course, I tried to turn the VSC switch on and off but to no avail.

Some folks claim that replacing the VSC ECU fixed it which cost couple of grand. Mmmm. I don't know. Anybody has the same problem that got it fixed?
Old 04-05-10, 02:22 PM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While pulling out of the local Emission-testing facility (with a 'Pass" on my test), my VSC OFF & VSC lights came on. I went straight to the Lexus dealer, which is a mile a away, and they plugged my car into their diagnostic computer.
To make a long story short, they reset my 'zero point balance', which I'd never heard of, and asked what it was. It has to do with weight being on the passenger seat or not to trigger the airbag sensor (off if no weight on the seat, on if weight on the seat). The tech dropped six 10lb bean-bags on the passenger seat, reset the sensor through his computer, and oila, no more VSC lights.
The whole thing took 5 minutes and no charge (I spend enough money there and they let me skate for free ).
The tech told me that many things can set off the VSC lights, this being just one of them.
The following users liked this post:
macklin26 (05-17-19)
Old 04-08-10, 05:57 AM
mann777

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

Sorry to budge into, Just to let you know guys, to clear the VSC blinkers on the cluster, Do a zero point calibration, that will clear the warning lights. Basically the yaw rate sensors and the deceleration sensors are going to "fail safe mode" and up comes the light. No matter what you do, this will not get better unless you do the "Zero Point Calibration". For those who have the DLC tool, the time taken would be max 20 mts. And those who do not have will need buy the SST tool - 09843-18040 ( cost 9/-bucks) and connect on the terminals at Driver Footwell area
Following are the area where the VSC warning generate.
1. ABS
2. EBD
3. BA
4.Trac system
5. VSC system

so long
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Zero Point Calibration.pdf (95.5 KB, 17984 views)
The following 2 users liked this post by mann777:
ChillEDog (03-04-24), william400 (09-04-21)
Old 06-11-10, 03:40 PM
shadi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ih I have a problem in the VSC & VSC OFF. I own a car-type GS 300 moodle 2004. The car does not exist problems but I wanted to check because I was traveling by it . After that I took the car to the workshop to the test by computer. Thank god were not by any problems with it. While you are departing from the workshop the light of VSC & VSC OFF is on. I returned to the engineer to tell him but he did not know what this problem. I check on all the sensors, there is no problem with and reset the computer but without any solution found.
notice
When you start up the car no light of VSC & VSC OFF but when the move the car the light is on.

please help me, because unable to resolve it and the company takes a lot of money.
Old 06-14-10, 03:06 AM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

Originally Posted by shadi
Ih I have a problem in the VSC & VSC OFF. I own a car-type GS 300 moodle 2004. The car does not exist problems but I wanted to check because I was traveling by it . After that I took the car to the workshop to the test by computer. Thank god were not by any problems with it. While you are departing from the workshop the light of VSC & VSC OFF is on. I returned to the engineer to tell him but he did not know what this problem. I check on all the sensors, there is no problem with and reset the computer but without any solution found.
notice
When you start up the car no light of VSC & VSC OFF but when the move the car the light is on.

please help me, because unable to resolve it and the company takes a lot of money.
Exact same problem!!
Old 06-14-10, 11:29 AM
kmax1189
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had the same problem as shadi, but just used the jumper method from earlier in this thread to fix it about 10 minutes ago. Just got back from my test drive with no problems ;]

a big thank you to everyone here!
The following 2 users liked this post by kmax1189:
Effrimvee (09-28-21), Trick1978 (12-13-23)
Old 06-14-10, 02:44 PM
shadi
Driver School Candidate

Exactly, This is the solution Mr.kmax1189
The solution here is explained..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...d-vsc-off.html
Old 06-17-10, 05:28 AM
denIS200
Lead Lap

The error code is C1336

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ode-c1336.html

Denis.
Old 07-02-10, 08:25 AM
jcurrier
Driver School Candidate

Default VSC Light Jumper

Thanks. This soultion absolutely works.
Old 11-09-10, 04:04 AM
dggeorge
Driver School Candidate

Default It Worked!!

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions. It saved me $100 and the loss of my car for the day!
Old 05-28-11, 10:21 AM
gamagin
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks a million for this information

Originally Posted by Metsfan
I just went in for 60k service about a week ago (may just be a coincidence) and now I have the check engine light as well as VSC and VSC Off lights. The service manager said that the VSC lights automatically follow the check engine light. On a Toyota forum I read that some people turned on their lights, removed the negative battery cable, then waited at least 30 minutes to reconnect it. Then, when they restarted, the lights were off. I haven't tried this yet but will give it a shot tomorrow.
I took my 2003 430 to my mechanic and had him do this while changing my oil and checking the car out. The engine light and VSC warning had popped up and naturally, I assumed it was a big problem. I learned here a couple of key things: the first was its common for the VSC to light up with the check engine warning; and secondly, that it generally goes off when the source of the check engine light is addressed. BIG relief, that knowledge, provided here.

Having my mechanic go through all the steps of an oil change, and checking everything out, found that the tires were about 10# per tire lower than they should be. They were even, my mechanic noted, but too low, and very likely part of why the VSC light was on. I had gotten my oil changed while on a trip last time and this likely was what the fellow did when he set my tire pressure that way. At any rate, we also followed the tips above to remove the warning lights and it worked like a charm.

thanks, again. Even though this post is a few years old, it was and remains valuable information.

best regards,

Last edited by gamagin; 05-28-11 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-14-11, 06:22 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Worked for me...Wonderful find!
Old 10-10-11, 12:13 PM
Tensi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by whitels
Found the solution written by Speedemon from Lexus Owners Club
http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...4&#entry367124

The problem is solved by putting a jumper on 2 pins in the OBD-II connector under the dash. I think a lot of owners have this problem especially after being scanned for code. Some scanners are not built the same-- that seems to be the explanation. Anyhow, here it is, with a little bit of modification as it suits the SC430.

1. Turn off ignition.
2. Look for the OBD-II connector under the dash, it has a black plastic cover which can be pulled out.
3. Using a 4-inch wire, insert ends on two pins (holes) of the OBD-II connector. Which ones? The connector has two rows of holes with pins inside. The connector's shape is basically rectangle but there's a little wedge shape to it. Like this:

______
/---------\
/-----------\

(see picture below)

I will call the narrower side of the connector the top row, and the wider side to be the lower row. Jump the following pins:
a) on the top row, counting from the left, where the first pin is 1, insert on pin number 3
b) on the bottom row, counting from the left, insert on pin
number 5.

4. Turn ON the ignition, do not start.
5. VSC and Check Engine lights turn ON. That's normal.
6. Wait for the VSC light to rapidly flash.
7. Turn OFF ignition.
8. Pull jumper wire out, cover the OBD-II connector.
9. Turn ignition ON, don't start, wait about 15 seconds to make sure everything has initialized.
10. Start car. Test drive. You've just saved yourself couple of thousand dollars.

Speedemon's car is an LS430. This may therefore be applicable to GS430 and all the UZ-FE family of engines.
Hey guys, I just did this to the letter... VSC lights stay off, but check engine light stays on... when I finally do start the car... check engine light has been on whole time.. several seconds later the VSC lights turn back on too.

I guess I have to go to the dealer???
Old 10-10-11, 01:41 PM
Blast-off
Rookie

Ok Guys i have also got this problem when i had my Coilovers put on.
The lights i have on are my VSC/VSC Off Lights and abs lights.

What seems to have happened is the wire has been stretched so I now need a new abs wheel speed sensors.

To turn off I have already tried the jumper idea.
But i need a new sensors and once the car get to 70 mph UK speed the sensor should go out if not then the whole system will need to be flashed.

The sensor is around a £130 sterling not sure how much it will be to fully re flash the system...
Old 10-10-11, 01:44 PM
VVTiBob

Received 264 Likes on 200 Posts

Yep, unless you have a scantool to pull the MIL error code. There are several systems associated the VSC light. Or, the MIL maybe completely isolated and something unrelated. That's why you need to check for codes... IF you have one, a scantool, many autoparts stores will do and will check it for free.

Quick Reply: VSC / VSC OFF Lights