SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2004 SC430 Daytime Running Light Change

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-09, 01:38 PM
CWK
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys. I called the service manager today and before I could even let him know why I thought I should not have to pay for the CBEST he let me know that he would be more than happy to provide me this service as a thank you for my business.

Going to take the car in soon to have the DRL turned off. Sweet.
Old 03-26-09, 05:06 PM
Hey Johnny
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CWK
Thanks guys. I called the service manager today and before I could even let him know why I thought I should not have to pay for the CBEST he let me know that he would be more than happy to provide me this service as a thank you for my business.

Going to take the car in soon to have the DRL turned off. Sweet.

Great news did you do it yet?
Old 03-26-09, 05:45 PM
CWK
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

No I am going to wait until I go in for my next oil change.

I am also installing new tires with Discount tire in early April. Going with the new Michelin Pilot AS tire. Costco has a $70 dollar rebate runs to the 11th of April so I need to do by then for the Discount tire price match. Idiots at Costco won't mount non run flat on car unless I add a spare which is not going to happen.
Old 03-29-09, 09:29 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

So, if I understand everything that was discovered by you all, you cannot just pull the high beams and use a 9005 HID-looking bulb and get a blue or HID looking light even at half strength?

I too would love the have the DRL's on but with a HID look to them instead of the nasty yellow lights. They are like tighty-whities for your SC430! No one likes them!!!

I am going to replace the 168 bulb with a HID like bulb. There are a lot of lighting people on eBay (of course they WOULD say this) that all you have to do is pull the high beam and replace with their bulb and your DRL's will be HID-looking but at half power.

But, then again, aren't the higher powered bulbs at 4000k, 6000k at half capacity just like a regular, dim bulb like that is close to burning out it is so low?

This is rather frustrating. I would love to be able to modify this look...would be cool.

Anyone remember the 95+ Toyota Supras with all the cool lights in the front with the fog lights, driving lights, head lights and marker lights? I had a buddy who replaced all his with HID lights and it looks SWEET! We need to all do that...
Old 03-29-09, 09:36 PM
scdroptop

hey gang, read this:

Introduction

This auction features a pair (2) all new creation by I.P.F. from Japan, the high power HyperFlux 36-emitter 12-LED universal-fit halogen-bulbs-replacement LED bulbs. This LED bulb is designed for direct replacement for the stock 55W halogen fog lights or daytime running light bulbs with a low power consumption LED. There is no modification needed, simply Plug-N-Play.
This "add-up" will convert your stock yellowish halogen fog lights or high beam into a beautiful and exact 6000K Super White HID look or an exotic 20000K Ultra Blue look. It will have a perfect match if you have low beam equipped with HID already.

Also it can turn your fog lights or high beam (daytime running light) into city lights.

For most ordinary LED bulbs in the market, in case the polarities of the LED bulb do not match with the stock harness power, you will end up cutting the stock harness to make it work. However with our extended wire new design, simply flip the two extended wires around, so you don't have to cut the stock wires.

The bulb size and color is indicated on the title.

Suitable applications:

Fog Light Lamps
Driving Lamps
Turn High Beam into City Light
Note: Since LED has low lum, due to safety reason, absolutely prohibit on low beam.
TIP: If you are interested at any other items we carry and want to combine the shipping and save, please send us inquiry for the discount combined shipping and handling quote.

HERE IS THE EBAY LINK...WILL THESE FIX OUR PROBLEM???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/White...1%7C240%3A1318
Old 04-01-09, 05:48 AM
Jay87T
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi has anyone tried these yet?
Old 04-01-09, 10:53 PM
scdroptop

i just bought the entire set to upgrade all front bulbs to 8000k fog lights and 9005 high beam A.K.A. DRL's and the little bulbs inside the headlights. I will take pics once I have installed. The lighting experts say this will look good, so we shall see.
Old 04-17-09, 04:45 PM
Ned Vo
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

any update scdroptop?? We're all waiting for pictures!!!
Old 04-18-09, 01:34 PM
scdroptop

waiting anxiously for the mail to come like a little kid! Got my Fogs but not the other lights. I plan to do them all at the same time. I will post ASAP when I get them and install.
Old 11-15-09, 09:50 AM
Bon
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
waiting anxiously for the mail to come like a little kid! Got my Fogs but not the other lights. I plan to do them all at the same time. I will post ASAP when I get them and install.
Hey, scdroptop, how did this adventure turn out?
Old 11-15-09, 01:08 PM
scdroptop

Turned out great on that car! Back in April that was my 02 red now I have to do it to my 05 pb

I am looking for bulbs right now thinking about the halo d2s bulbs that are 10k on eBay

are you thinking of doing it?

Totally recommend this mod- not super easy to get at though!! Wish I could have done the 168 parking bulbs too but need to drop bumper to get like the fogs

I posted the results... Try a search for drl.. I will look for it too and see if I can post again
Old 11-15-09, 01:48 PM
scdroptop

See this link for my results and pics

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...low-light.html
Old 11-16-09, 01:44 PM
Bon
Advanced

Originally Posted by scdroptop
I am looking for bulbs right now thinking about the halo d2s bulbs that are 10k on eBay

are you thinking of doing it?

Totally recommend this mod- not super easy to get at though!! Wish I could have done the 168 parking bulbs too but need to drop bumper to get like the fogs

I posted the results... Try a search for drl.. I will look for it too and see if I can post again
Thanks for the info: I'm out of my comfort zone here. I still have some homework to do to figure out what I can do for my '06. I want to have white DRL's and possibly fogs. I don't want blue lights but rather white DRL's.
Old 11-16-09, 10:06 PM
scdroptop

No problem, same thing. One important note though, the 2006 headlights are different. I believe yours may even take a different bulb, not sure. My 2002 and 2005 are exactly the same.

FYI, the 8000k, 9000k and 1000k bulbs in Halo offer different colors. I chose the HID look (blue-ish) to match more closely with my stock HID's because I didn't want to replace at the same time.

You could (if you wanted some contrast) have the white 9000k/1000k HID bulbs in the DRL's and your stock HID low beams. Might look nice. The two are never on together unless you are using your high beams, so really is just a personal preference.

I kind of liked the blue-ish look (looks a lot more blue in a dark garage obviously in my pic) during the day because it was bold enough for one to think you almost DO have your lights on. One concern I had about the white is that they would perhaps be lost in the sun/sky/clouds and not be a visible as the blue, that's why I chose what I did.

I'm sure it can be done...look at this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...Q5fAccessories

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=sc4...****&_osacat=0
Old 11-17-09, 05:39 AM
Bon
Advanced

To be sure, what color temperature are the stock HID low beams in the 06-09's? I was assuming about 5K but it's higher? I want my DRL, low beam and fogs to all match.

Quick Reply: 2004 SC430 Daytime Running Light Change