SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Help with SC Phonebook

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-09, 03:17 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Help with SC Phonebook

My cell phone automatically blocks Caller-ID for all outgoing calls. However, some people I call will not accept callers who block their numbers. For those people, I must dial*31# before the number to remove the block.

I have a contact entry in my cellphone which has the unblock code before the number (e.g. *31#2024561414). When calling from the cellphone contact, it works just fine, the caller-id is unblocked and the call goes through.

I uploading that contact to the SC phonebook and it appears correct (e.g. all numbers and characters are listed). But when calling using the SC phonebook, the caller-id is still blocked and so the call can not go through.

So the exact same number is treated differently depending on whether the call originates with the cell phone or the SC.

This must have something to do with how the SC dials calls versus how the cell phone dials calls. Any insight appreciated.
Old 02-17-09, 03:51 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Default cell phone

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
My cell phone automatically blocks Caller-ID for all outgoing calls. However, some people I call will not accept callers who block their numbers. For those people, I must dial*31# before the number to remove the block.

I have a contact entry in my cellphone which has the unblock code before the number (e.g. *31#2024561414). When calling from the cellphone contact, it works just fine, the caller-id is unblocked and the call goes through.

I uploading that contact to the SC phonebook and it appears correct (e.g. all numbers and characters are listed). But when calling using the SC phonebook, the caller-id is still blocked and so the call can not go through.

So the exact same number is treated differently depending on whether the call originates with the cell phone or the SC.

This must have something to do with how the SC dials calls versus how the cell phone dials calls. Any insight appreciated.

Hi Johny
Why dont you try and see if you can dial number through the manual entry of the number from the navigation screen. If it works then you may need to enter a space between *31# and the number your calling. You may need a pause between the un block code and the number you are dialing. Try it

Buddy
Old 02-18-09, 07:24 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Good suggestion. Manual entry the same as via phonebook. Problem remains.
Old 02-18-09, 09:10 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Good suggestion. Manual entry the same as via phonebook. Problem remains.

I thought I read that you can place a pause in the sequence so that when you dial a prefix or a special numeric group the pause is needed so the number you are dialing can see the pause before the number completes. It sounds funny but I remember that I had to enter in a series of ** on an answer machine dial out so that the phone i was reaching would have a chance to see it first.

KInd of like dialing a bank number and then a pause to enter in your pin.

I could just be imagining this

Buddy