SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

LEXLINK help

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-09, 03:39 AM
Joe Peters
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LEXLINK help

My remote start stoped working. The ignition comes on dash lights up radio comes on but starter won't work.

Any ideas?

Please Help

Thanks
Old 02-17-09, 08:54 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds like a bad relay in the main brain. Did you call steve at Luxury motor works? He would be your best bet to diagnose it. Do you have the remote top as well ? If so is that working ?

Buddy
Old 02-17-09, 04:16 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

I see your not getting any response to your problem. I would tell you again to contact Steve . I have the latest version of the luxlink. Mine came with an led harness to plug in as well as a push type plug in switch . These are used to run diagnostics. There is a procedure that you use with the switch and the led light to trouble shoot. Let me know when you get your problem resolved .

Buddy
Old 02-20-09, 09:05 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like the chip isnt near the ignition coil or if you used that supplied wire that you wrap around the ignition coil and place the key inside that holder isnt working correctly. I had the same problem before. I just put my chip near the ignition coil and didnt use that stupid key holder with wire thing.
Old 02-20-09, 12:05 PM
Joe Peters
Driver

Thanks for the advice.
I just can't get a picture of this
in my mind.

Is there somewere on the internet I
can see this.

joe
Old 02-20-09, 12:10 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default Luxlink

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
sounds like the chip isnt near the ignition coil or if you used that supplied wire that you wrap around the ignition coil and place the key inside that holder isnt working correctly. I had the same problem before. I just put my chip near the ignition coil and didnt use that stupid key holder with wire thing.
Tony

The chip has to be seen in order for the car to start However the engine should crank over. He said that the radio was coming on and the climate control information was lighting up. But the engine would not turn. The starter would not engage. If you dont have the chip in then the fuel is shut off that is how the engine is imbolized . The engine will crank but it wont start

Buddy
Old 02-20-09, 08:41 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mrblister
Tony

The chip has to be seen in order for the car to start However the engine should crank over. He said that the radio was coming on and the climate control information was lighting up. But the engine would not turn. The starter would not engage. If you dont have the chip in then the fuel is shut off that is how the engine is imbolized . The engine will crank but it wont start

Buddy
yea your right it does crank, hmm maybe a loose plug/wire
Old 02-20-09, 11:30 PM
Joe Peters
Driver

tonydt1g3r

You said I just put my chip near the ignition coil.

Where is the Iignition coil ?

Joe
Old 02-21-09, 09:17 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Peters
tonydt1g3r

You said I just put my chip near the ignition coil.

Where is the Iignition coil ?

Joe
its where u insert the key, just take a key to the key hole without inserting it. but as mrblister pointed out if its not cranking up its probably not that. sorry buddy, the only thing i can think of is a loose wire or a defective unit
Old 02-21-09, 09:43 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Smile

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
its where u insert the key, just take a key to the key hole without inserting it. but as mrblister pointed out if its not cranking up its probably not that. sorry buddy, the only thing i can think of is a loose wire or a defective unit

Joe Did you do the original install of the luxlink? If so then you should be able to do the test Steve told you to do. If you did not do the original install Then you might need some help in running the test..

The only place the main luxlink module could be located would be underneath the steering colum. You would have to remove the dash trim panel that is underneath the steering wheel on the floor. It really just snaps off. Then you should be able to loacate the luxlink main black box its approx 4 inchs square. You should be able to find the white wire steve told you about . Just test that according to his notes. If it tests bad then your only option is to exchange the unit you have for the newer generation unit . There is very little room underneath the trim panel so I am sure you should be able to easily find the main box . In the older generation unit like you have they did not come with a balck plastic box for the key and the coil that has been mentioned. If I remember correctly you had to wrap the luxlink coil antenna wire from the luxlink around the key and it would be placed in the general area of the ignition switch. The purpose of this was so when the car would go to start it would be able to recognize the chip so it would then be able to start .The engine would crank regardless of the chip or not but it would only start if it was able to recognize the chip. The newer generation units came with a black plastic box that you would place a key that had a chip in it inside the ribbon coil wire inside of the black box., I think I asked you before did your unit have the remote top as well as the remote start ???

Good luck

Buddy
Old 02-22-09, 10:05 PM
Joe Peters
Driver

No I did not install it. I do have the combo unit starter and top.

I will try a key near the key hole first. If the key holder got loose
and it is not close to were it should be that should do the trick.

If that dosen't work I will try to test the white wire. Will have to
borrow a volt meter to test it ?

Thanks for all your help,

Joe
Old 02-23-09, 04:24 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default Luxlink

Joe

Joe

The key holder if it got loose assuming your model of luxlink came with the black plastic key holder will have no effect on the cranking or not cranking
If the motor does not start to crank over when you try to remote start then it cant be a chip or key issue. If there were a problem with the chip or the imbolizer the engine would still crank. So if your engine does not start to turn over when you remote start then go to that white wire. I believe your model of luxlink did not come with the key holder case. I believe that you had to wrap the coil wire around the key and it would of been located near the ignition switch.

Buddy
Old 02-23-09, 07:31 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default lux link install instruction

Joe
Hi Joe the enclosed link is to a set of install instructions . Yous houdl be able to work backwards to fiqure out where the white wire is you need to check .These instructions are for the latest generation of luxlink. Yours is an older version but most of the wire code colors are the same

buddy

http://redhat2.admarkonline.com/~lux...on_pdf-353.doc