SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Surprising things you learned about the SC long after buying it

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-16, 11:14 PM
Lesly1
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Driver side no, passenger side perhaps a small child. Velcro might be a good idea to stop the flapping.

Chris.....From OZ.
Old 09-15-16, 07:24 AM
sixonemale
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by margie
I noticed my headlight washers come on one evening , and I dont know how that happened
either. I have a 2003. PLEASE tell me!
I had just washed and waxed our SC the other day and had it in the garage where I also changed its wiper blades. After changing the wiper blades I wanted to test them, so I pushed the button to release windshield washer fluid onto the windshield and after pushing the button the headlight washers squirted for about a second or two before the fluid was released on the windshield. I though oh no, I have an electrical problem or perhaps some sort of leak around the headlamp washers. I looked all over and could not find a leak, but did notice that my garage was just dark enough to automatically turn on the headlights. So, I tried it again, same thing happened, the headlamp washers squirted for a second or two before the windshield was squirted. Bottom-line, when pressing the windshield washer button with the headlights on or at night, it will first wash or squirt the headlamps and then the windshield.

If anyone else's SC does not work this way, let us all know.

Last edited by sixonemale; 09-15-16 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-15-16, 08:10 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by sixonemale
I had just washed and waxed our SC the other day and had it in the garage where I also changed its wiper blades. After changing the wiper blades I wanted to test them, so I pushed the button to release windshield washer fluid onto the windshield and after pushing the button the headlight washers squirted for about a second or two before the fluid was released on the windshield. I though oh no, I have an electrical problem or perhaps some sort of leak around the headlamp washers. I looked all over and could not find a leak, but did notice that my garage was just dark enough to automatically turn on the headlights. So, I tried it again, same thing happened, the headlamp washers squirted for a second or two before the windshield was squirted. Bottom-line, when pressing the windshield washer button with the headlights on or at night, it will first wash or squirt the headlamps and then the windshield.

I am pretty sure that is normal The head light washers only can work when the head lights are on. If there off then windshield gets the wash only
Old 10-22-16, 04:48 PM
tmakogon
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

After eight years I found that driver seat memory buttons also respond when I have car in park, keys not inserted, and door open. Seat moves to pre-programmed positions once.
Old 10-23-16, 07:16 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by tmakogon
After eight years I found that driver seat memory buttons also respond when I have car in park, keys not inserted, and door open. Seat moves to pre-programmed positions once.
Just checked this and you are right! In my year (2006) you can do this as many times as you want, not just once. The door must be open for this to work.
Old 12-10-16, 06:56 PM
nomods4me
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

yesterday I learned that when cruising, the car shifts at around 3000 rpm
if I push the pedal 2/3 then it shifts at 4000
if I put my foot to the floor it won't shift til 6000
Old 12-12-16, 06:47 PM
Cube
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nomods4me
yesterday I learned that when cruising, the car shifts at around 3000 rpm
if I push the pedal 2/3 then it shifts at 4000
if I put my foot to the floor it won't shift til 6000
noted. :LOL:
Old 12-12-16, 06:49 PM
Cube
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sixonemale

i thought my headlamp washer was dead. thanks.
Old 01-28-17, 01:33 AM
DJHydrogen
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rapyoke
I just replaced the ML passenger door speaker for ~$160. From my understanding (I'm an IT guy by trade, not an audio expert), the impedance is such that aftermarket speakers don't play nicely.
are you saying they are 2ohm speakers? like the Bose system in my Infiniti? oh man, PITA, but sound so much better than most aftermarket stuff.
Old 01-28-17, 02:50 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by DJHydrogen
are you saying they are 2ohm speakers? like the Bose system in my Infiniti? oh man, PITA, but sound so much better than most aftermarket stuff.
Welcome to CL, Hope you enjoy the information on this forum! ;-)

just the opposite, these speakers are 8ohms and the sub is 16ohms

try this link, I did a search for you and it shows all SC430 posts with the words, ML or speakers.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...rchid=15743244

Last edited by Bgw70; 01-28-17 at 02:55 AM.
Old 01-29-17, 01:20 PM
DJHydrogen
Driver School Candidate

Default the lock button for the power / snow / vsc actually opens a coin tray

the lock button for the power / snow / vsc actually opens a coin tray, if it's not stuck shut with soda. 😜
Old 01-29-17, 01:55 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by DJHydrogen
the lock button for the power / snow / vsc actually opens a coin tray, if it's not stuck shut with soda. 😜
....that's actually the lock button for the coin tray...lol
Old 01-29-17, 09:45 PM
DJHydrogen
Driver School Candidate

Default passenger washer?

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
This may be a weird thread or maybe this will be the only post. But the topic is surprising things you discovered about the SC long after first owning it. I mention this because I had two just this week, after owning the car for almost two years.

Tonight I saw a little button next to the mirror control which I never noticed before. Pressed it and all of a sudden the headlights get washed! Who knew?

I have all my listings in the phone directory truncated so that they will best fit into the 8 characters allowed. By accident discovered that the "one touch dialing" menu will accept 14 characters. Re-did those and they look much better. Surprise, surprise.
My passenger side headlight washer won't go back into the bumper... Any advice?
Old 01-29-17, 09:47 PM
DJHydrogen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by texsexlex
....that's actually the lock button for the coin tray...lol
I know! But I kept hitting it before going into power mode, LOL! Now I got figure out why my vsc light is really on.
Old 01-29-17, 09:49 PM
DJHydrogen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Welcome to CL, Hope you enjoy the information on this forum! ;-)

just the opposite, these speakers are 8ohms and the sub is 16ohms

try this link, I did a search for you and it shows all SC430 posts with the words, ML or speakers.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...rchid=15743244
sooo... I think I'll put some 4ohm in the doors, 8ohm subs. 😎

Quick Reply: Surprising things you learned about the SC long after buying it