SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

A 'Thank you' from a new owner.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-08, 11:20 AM
Barton
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A 'Thank you' from a new owner.....

What an outstanding service this forum provides! I joined a few months ago when I was shopping for an SC 430, and I just landed an excellent one (2005, black w/saddle, 18Kmiles) last week.

By reading the old posts I have been able to replace burnt out light bulbs in tight and difficult places, fixed the seat memory problem, purchased some leather conditioner for the seats (Zaino!), and learned a bit about installing an iPod. Right now, I am closing in on replacing my runflats and the two contenders are B.F. Goodrich G Force SuperSport and Yokohama Advantage S4 (I am looking for the quietest, most comfortable ride).

I moonlight as a jazz guitarist. And from what I have read in this forum so far, I don’t see any of the angry or political rants that plague some of the guitar discussion groups I visit from time to time. It’s only about the car(s)….as it should be.

Thanks, and please keep up the good work. I hope to share some helpful nugget of SC 430 information when I come across it.

Bart
Old 05-29-08, 11:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

that's great bart, glad you are enjoying CL so far. i think we are bunch of very cool folks helping each other
Old 05-29-08, 05:56 PM
golfxx
Rookie

Barton:

I am a 2.5 month owner of an 03 SC430 White Euro with 6K miles. The first thing I did was replace the runflats. After careful comparison I chose the Bridgestone RE960AS. You probably already know that the tirerack.com has a great testing and customer feedback forum that test most all tires. The 960's tested very well and the customer feedback is rated it #1. I can tell you the 960's are very quite, have a great ride and the tread life is rated for a minimum of 40K miles. My experence is the 960's have less steering response than the Dunlop runflats however they are rated to handle much better than the Dunlop runflats. I am happy with the smoothness and quiteness however they feel less sporty.

Welcome to CL.
Old 05-29-08, 06:34 PM
tfeni52355
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Good to have you as a member!

Barton:
Congrats on the new ride! My wife and I have enjoyed our '02 SC since I gave it to her at Christmas last year. I found one with 15K miles on it. She gets to put most of the miles on it and I get to enjoy it on weekends, tweaking it and making it just a bit better!

This forum has helped me immensley and I couldn't agree with you more - this is a nice place to visit and learn from.

I Zaino'ed the finish on her car following the CL detailing forum instructions and it turned out amazing! What a difference. Take the time to clean up the finish and Zaino it. There is nothing like it!

I learned about the radio antenna and CD player quirks. Also learned about the mirror motor saver by keeping the mirror adjustment tab in the middle position.

Picked up a set of nice Lexus Center Caps to replace the ugly pie plates on that come stock on the car from a link on this site.

Put an Injen intake on the car and have enjoyed the performace gains.

All in all it's been fun and worthwhile. The SC is a timeless beauty! It is the best car I have ever owned.

Welcome & enjoy the ride!!
Old 05-30-08, 07:23 AM
lilwyde
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Barton
What an outstanding service this forum provides! I joined a few months ago when I was shopping for an SC 430, and I just landed an excellent one (2005, black w/saddle, 18Kmiles) last week.

By reading the old posts I have been able to replace burnt out light bulbs in tight and difficult places, fixed the seat memory problem, purchased some leather conditioner for the seats (Zaino!), and learned a bit about installing an iPod. Right now, I am closing in on replacing my runflats and the two contenders are B.F. Goodrich G Force SuperSport and Yokohama Advantage S4 (I am looking for the quietest, most comfortable ride).

I moonlight as a jazz guitarist. And from what I have read in this forum so far, I don’t see any of the angry or political rants that plague some of the guitar discussion groups I visit from time to time. It’s only about the car(s)….as it should be.

Thanks, and please keep up the good work. I hope to share some helpful nugget of SC 430 information when I come across it.

Bart
Welcome Bart,

I found this forum SO very very informative. Clarification (I'm looking for new tires as well); when you state you are narrowing the tire selection down, are these runflats are regular tires you're talking about?

Thanks and make it a great day!
Old 05-30-08, 07:27 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus Bart and congrats on your SC.

We try to foster a sense of community and keep down the personal attacks and flaming you see on a lot of enthusiast forums, glad to see you notice the difference . We also confine all the political stuff to our debate forum.
Old 05-30-08, 07:31 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Congrats on the new car!! You are 100% correct about Clublexus its probably one of the friendliest and most informative forums (from cars, to tech gadgets to real estate tips to everything else) on the web!
Old 05-30-08, 08:20 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congratulations on your new SC Bart!

I'm glad to hear Club Lexus has been such a great resource for you.
Old 05-30-08, 08:41 AM
Barton
Driver School Candidate

In response to lilwyde's request for clarification, I am looking to replace my runflat tires with non-runflat tires.

And thanks to all for the comments and kind words. Enjoy your SC!!!

Bart

(ps - I forgot to mention that I was able to sync my garage door opener with the button in the SC 430 ONLY after reading the posts here on this subject.)
Old 05-30-08, 09:25 AM
tm510
Rookie

Yes, it sort of goes without saying, but it should be said more often..... THANK YOU!

I've had my car about three months, and love it. I also love that this forum exists to help you out so often.

So thanks to everyone for making this CL a great forum, and a special thanks to those of you who post here so much, whose names are quite recognized, and who so willingly share their knowledge.

Welcome, Bart.

Jerry
Old 05-30-08, 09:47 AM
lilwyde
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Barton
In response to lilwyde's request for clarification, I am looking to replace my runflat tires with non-runflat tires.

And thanks to all for the comments and kind words. Enjoy your SC!!!

Bart

(ps - I forgot to mention that I was able to sync my garage door opener with the button in the SC 430 ONLY after reading the posts here on this subject.)
Glad you mentioned your garage remote - I have YET to figure out how to sync. I'll look through the forum for help with that as well.

'preciate the info
Old 05-30-08, 10:31 AM
rcpeters
Driver

Smile You might consider Nankook Ventus V4ES 245 Tires

My 02 SC430 I bought used came with the Nankook tires which are not run flats and I see they are priced very competitively. I can't compare them as far as the ride goes, but I guess the ride is about as plush as it gets with the Roadster.

I am another grateful member of this forum. I learned a lot about the SC and LS before buying those cars and keep learning little things all the time from the members. I have not contributed much yet, because I am still getting experience. By the way, no repairs needed as of yet on either of my Lexus and the LS430 has a lot to go on the extended warranty. I won't be surprised if it runs out in 3 more years with never having a claim. No warranty on my SC430, I am taking a small gamble that I won't need one.