SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Update on Replacing SC430 Trunk Lid Closers - Struts

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-13, 04:16 PM
indawire
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strut replacement

I also used Lift Supply Depot, the replacements looked identical to the OEM ones. Took about 20 min to install and that includes unwrapping the struts, comparing them, getting the screwdriver, finding a pole to prop the trunk open, piutting a drop of grease on the mounting studs and patting myself on the back.
Old 12-18-13, 08:15 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Me too - purchased directly from Lift Supply Depot. The truck is harder to open but then raises by itself. It will close by itslef as well once you get it going down. Very good struts.
Old 12-19-13, 09:45 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 153 Posts

I purchased the lifts from Lift support depot and installed them. I have an 06 and my lifts were not too bad. I thought I would replace them anyway. Install is easy. I will say that the lifts were not as strong as the 7 year old OEM lifts I took off. I did call Lift support Depot and they are sending me two others. I do not hold much hope that they will be any better. The OEM lifts the trunk a bit to make it easier to get your fingers under the lip to lift. The new ones do not lift the trunk lid at all. Since it is easy to change I will try to new ones when they come in.
Old 12-28-13, 11:57 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Follow up on the install of the second set from Lift Support Depot. The new ones looked a bit different and the top does go up a little more easily. Not much. I will leave them in place and see how it goes. There was a comment made that the lift supports aid in the operation of the top opening and closing. This is not correct. If you look at the top as it opens you will see that the support is fully compressed at all times during the operation. It has no part in the operation of the top.
Old 12-02-18, 02:01 PM
Schubby
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC430 Rear Trunk Lift Struts

https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/
$39.80 plus tax for QTY 2 for 2006 model with spoiler
Free S/H for 3-5 day ground

Last edited by Schubby; 12-02-18 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-10-18, 02:36 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 312 Posts

I went through this whole thread and never did find the correct part number listed. Is the correct part number 64530-24052? I know you can get cheaper then OEM on e-bay but they are so much smaller. Given the support they are carrying both front loading and rear loading is this an item a guy wants to go smaller/cheaper on? The OEM support are expensive but I am guessing they were designed to carry the support load in both directions? There is no part number on the lift just Japanese writing and or numbers?

Dennis

Last edited by DJWLDW; 12-10-18 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-10-18, 02:48 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by DJWLDW
I went through this whole thread and never did find the correct part number listed. Is the correct part number 64530-24052? I know you can get cheaper then OEM on e-bay but they are so much smaller. Given the support they are carrying both front loading and rear loading is this an item a guy wants to go smaller/cheaper on? The OEM support are expensive but I am guessing they were designed to carry the support load in both directions? There is no part number on the lift just Japanese writing and or numbers?

Dennis
hi Dennis, have you checked a Lexus dealer website or just used a search engine with the part number you posted?
Old 12-10-18, 07:38 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Bgw 70

No I just did a search engine. I look for Genuine Toyota OEM parts that are labeled as such. I am surprised that with 39 posts in a thread running for over 10 years that no one actually listed what the part number was or what part number they replaced it with. I searched this thread found nothing of help did a engine search came up with the Genuine Toyota OEM part number that I listed and simply asked if this was the right one. Thinking that surly someone in the past 10 years has replaced their lifts with genuine Toyota OEM parts and would know the part number.

I just went to Sewell Lexus of Dallas web page and I now remember why I don't do part search's at dealership web pages. I don't want to give them: My Name, My Phone Number, My E-mail or any other contact information in order to search for a part number.

Dennis

Last edited by DJWLDW; 12-10-18 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-10-18, 11:06 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 543 Likes on 413 Posts

Dennis, when I buy parts for my car, I go to auto part or car dealer part dept., I just give them the year and model of my car, and the description of the part, they then will give me the right part(s). I have never used P/N to order auto parts.
Old 12-11-18, 05:32 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Dennis
They are not smaller. I have the OEM and the Strong arm from Lift Support Depot and they are the same diameter. In my opinion you would be crazy to pay the hundreds of dollars for OEM. You will not see a benefit.
Old 12-11-18, 06:38 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Bgw 70

No I just did a search engine. I look for Genuine Toyota OEM parts that are labeled as such. I am surprised that with 39 posts in a thread running for over 10 years that no one actually listed what the part number was or what part number they replaced it with. I searched this thread found nothing of help did a engine search came up with the Genuine Toyota OEM part number that I listed and simply asked if this was the right one. Thinking that surly someone in the past 10 years has replaced their lifts with genuine Toyota OEM parts and would know the part number.

I just went to Sewell Lexus of Dallas web page and I now remember why I don't do part search's at dealership web pages. I don't want to give them: My Name, My Phone Number, My E-mail or any other contact information in order to search for a part number.

Dennis
Strong Arm is an excellent brand and they stand behind their product.
i have them on my 2002 and will install them on the 2007 when needed.

weird...searched your part number and this Lexus Dealer showed up...
i wonder if your internet provider is blocking vendors.
Also, they didn’t require any of my personal information.
https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...der-6453024052

Last edited by Bgw70; 12-11-18 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12-11-18, 07:17 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

I'm with bgw and iolmaster, the strong arm lift strut lasted longer than the oem ones. The oem replaments I had bought only lasted three years before they showed signs of becoming weaker. I have yet to hear complaints on here about the strong arm struts.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-11-18, 07:57 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Bgw 70

So 64530-24052 that is the right part number? That Lexus parts page showed they wanted $138 per lift you can buy the exact part number on e-bay for less than half the price. I am that guy that likes to keep everything if possible original. It's like when I got my 1990 Ford Bronco II in 2015. I redid the plug wires, rotor, distributor cap, fuel filter, trans filter, shocks everything to do with the brakes and used Motorcraft parts. That's the way it rolled out of the Ford Factory in Louisville, KY in Jan 1990 and so I do my best to keep it that way. I will in all likely hood do the same with the SC. I am not really concerned about paying a little extra for somethings because I look at Money as a Renewable Resource, Provided on a AS Needed Basis BY The LORD and my GOD has really deep pockets.

Dennis
Old 12-11-18, 08:00 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Coleroad

Thank you and trust me I very much appreciate your 2 cents.

Dennis
Old 12-11-18, 08:04 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Bgw 70

Thanks for that link. I moved it over to my favorites for future reference. I had gone to Sewell parts page and got all that contact request requirement stuff.

Dennis

Quick Reply: Update on Replacing SC430 Trunk Lid Closers - Struts