SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Only in Las Vegas (I hope)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-08, 07:12 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Only in Las Vegas (I hope)

I had a bit of a problem with my local dealer that kinda turned into an interesting story, so I thought I'd share.

A couple months ago, I took my car in and ended up having a couple issues with their service department. The first issue was that they quoted me 3 hours of labor on a 20 minute job. That and they quoted double the price on the part. I called them on it and they were defensive about it and basically said they're independently owned and can charge whatever they want. Unfortunately, they're the only dealership in town.

The other issue had to due with my tires. They told me there was a nail in the inside sidewall of one of the tires. I had non runflats on my car. But rather than put a non runflat on, they replaced all four tires with runflats.

I didn't notice at first. But when I did, I called them. I tried to talk to my service advisor (who I didn't trust anyway), but he no longer worked there (that's the interesting part, but I'll get to that later.) Instead, I had to talk to the service manager. He was rude and combative from the start. I was a little shocked actually. He asked if I had any proof I didn't already have runflats on my car. Other than the fact my car has the spare tire kit, I didn't. So he asked if I had any proof they put 4 tires on my car. I said I did. I have 4 brand new runflats on my car. He refused to even look at my car. He said I needed documentation from them saying they put the tires on my car. And even if I did, then I should have to pay them for the other three tires. The dude was a total sleaze ball.

The tires weren't even a huge issue for me, I was planning on buying new wheels anyway. But just the fact that they were being rude and dishonest really pissed me off. So I told him I felt they weren't being very honest. I brought up the fact they quoted 3 times the labor as every dealership in LA for a repair. I also asked why my service advisor was no longer with the dealership. He said he had no idea. That's where things get interesting.

A friend of a friend knows people there. Apparently my service advisor had loaned a car to a friend. When he returned it to the dealership, he forgot his coke in the car. Not coca cola, but the columbian variety. So he retrieved it and held it for him before the car was cleaned and inspected. He told a few people, word got around, Lexus corporate got wind of it and he was investigated.

They sent secret shoppers in and caught him doing other dishonest things. My friend doesn't know exactly what they were, but they were enough to get him fired.

So anyway, that's the last business I'll ever have with Lexus of Las Vegas. I'm not sure if there are any other members in Vegas, but I'd seriously caution anyone against them.

Last edited by Yes; 04-08-08 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-08-08, 11:09 PM
keeper15
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...good info and hope it helps another member!
Old 04-08-08, 11:43 PM
whokiid
Driver

whoa. thats pretty extreme.
Old 04-09-08, 01:49 AM
4onenight
Driver

I don:t see why that situation would make those as***oles rip you off and change your setup without permission. my suggestion is to get a lawyer and sue.
also thanks for the advice and i hope i find a different dealership there because I'm actually moving to Vegas in about four months.
Old 04-09-08, 08:31 AM
Yes

my guess is the service tech realized they didn't have my tires in their inventory and took it upon himself to change all 4 tires. he probably thought he was doing me a favor. then when i called, he probably realized he could get fired for it and denied it. for now, i intend to take my car to toyota for maintenance. not sure what i'll do if i have any major repairs. guess i'll cross that bridge when i come to it.
Old 04-09-08, 09:16 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate Lexus of Las Vegas's service writers as well. They are all idiots. I have not had a very good experience with them. I wrote a nice little email to someone higher up there about what the hell was going on. They claim to be great with service but I that dealership sucks for service.
Old 04-09-08, 09:26 AM
Yes

got your PM. that sucks. it's really hard to believe that lexus could be so bad when it comes to service. but i guess it really comes down to the fact that they are individually owned. i also heard from my friend that they're supposed to send a customer satisfaction survey to everyone. but that they "internalize" their surveys whenever anyone has a problem. in other words, they don't send it out. it'll be interesting to see if anyone else on here has had problems with their service department. if so, we should draft a group letter to lexus about our concerns. that and send a copy to the owner of the dealership. i doubt he wants this crap going on. when it comes time to buy a new car in a couple years, i won't even consider a lexus if i'm still in vegas.
Old 04-12-08, 10:02 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Another reason for me not to have anything to do with Lexus of Las Vegas
Old 04-12-08, 10:19 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

hey, another Vegas CL member here, the only time I took my car there was 4 year ago, for a simple tranny oil change, and they scratched my hood!! When I picked up the car I immediately noticed the scratch and told them about it. But they just ignore and said" well, you have no proof we did it, maybe you already had it, just wanna blame on us! " ha, they will never see me return@!
Old 04-12-08, 10:59 PM
LexFather

It seems many dealerships who know they don't have any competition sadly act like it. Good story, thanks for sharing.
Old 04-17-08, 01:53 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Dude that sux! I hate to hear that there are coke heads/dishonest service managers working at any Lexus dealership.
Old 04-17-08, 02:09 PM
G2GS
Pole Position

Lexus of LV does suck...and its not just the service dept.
When I bought my GS they were thousands of dollars higher on the price than what I eventually paid at a Lexus dealer in SoCal.
Thats the trouble with being "the only game in town".
They have no competition and I think it effects the attitude of everyone at that shop. They have a...so where else are you gonna go...kind outlook towards all their customers.
Old 04-17-08, 04:10 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

did I mention last time I was trying to check out a LS460 in the showroom, one salesman came up and tell me watch out and don't mess around with the car?
After owning so many Lexus, they should at least pay some respect!

Anyway, I just laughed and walked away to my UL.
Old 04-17-08, 04:52 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
did I mention last time I was trying to check out a LS460 in the showroom, one salesman came up and tell me watch out and don't mess around with the car?
After owning so many Lexus, they should at least pay some respect!

Anyway, I just laughed and walked away to my UL.
What the hell!