SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Quarter window mod part deux

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-10, 01:32 AM
ballpaulmo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have a full wiring diagram for this set up?
Thanks
Old 08-09-10, 07:07 PM
scyul
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love this mod... But I'd like to be able to control all the windows without adding an extra switch.

One interesting way of controlling the back window would be as follow;

Hit the front window switch down once, the front window rolls down. Hit the front window switch down again, the back window would roll all the way down.

(The back window can only be rolled down if the front window is down)

To roll them up, hit the front window switch up once, the back window rolls all the way up. Hit the front window switch up again, now the front window rolls up.

You guys think it's feasible?
Old 08-09-10, 08:05 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It called a luxlink rear quarter module. I have it along with my remote starter/roof. Close to what you say. Hit the front window switch 3x and the rear quarters go down-first the drivers side and then the passenger side. They both work off the drivers front window switch. Looks great with the top and all windows down--but the sc always looks great.
Old 08-10-10, 12:08 AM
Wesssup
Rookie

Yeah too bad they don't have anymore Luxlink in stock... There was an alternative posted earlier on the forum; however, you needa know how to work with wires in order to do the build, in which case I have no idea how to do.
Old 10-30-10, 05:18 PM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesssup
Yeah too bad they don't have anymore Luxlink in stock... There was an alternative posted earlier on the forum; however, you needa know how to work with wires in order to do the build, in which case I have no idea how to do.

i guess im late becuz i havent been on CL in quite a while and im just now catching up.. So LuxLink is no longer available? I want this mod and i want to do it the easy way. Easy to me is a $50 switch that doesnt risk damaging a $1000 computer.
Old 04-10-11, 04:24 AM
aubergine
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi in the uk we rearly get hot weather i put the roof down yesterday 21deg and the wind coming into the cab was cold is there any better wind deflector than the standard .or does the rear windows up on rear help?.cheers
Old 04-10-11, 05:24 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Google it and there are aftermarket wind breakers, $350 for our SC.
Old 04-11-11, 09:13 AM
irokdastar
Pole Position

i been clicking on the link for the 12v relays but it says the item is not available. what kinf of relay do i need?
Old 04-11-11, 03:39 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Its already been covered,

check out post 41

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4406209-post41.html
Old 04-11-11, 08:37 PM
irokdastar
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Lexiss_sc430;6301737]Its already been covered,

check out post 41

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4406209-post41.html[/QUOTe

i tried it but it says it was removed.can you just tell me what its called thanks
Old 04-11-11, 11:31 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

you need (2) 4 pole double throw 12vdc relays,

just copy that and paste it into Google......
Old 04-12-11, 04:57 PM
irokdastar
Pole Position

ok so i ordered them and i am waiting for them to show up. i got a question. after you finish the relay . what wires coming off the relay go to which wire on the cpu? also are you taping in to the cpu wire or are cutting them and and one side goes to one side of the relay and the other to the cpu? sorry so many question i just dont want to mess it up
Old 04-12-11, 06:02 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

you will be cutting into (4) wires all together,
Then you have a positive and negative to supply power
And lastly you have the two wires you run to the front for the switch.

Not to sound like an *** but I would encourage you to carefully read what I have already posted and do your own research, you can mess stuff up if you are not careful and from the questions you've been asking it shows me that you have not read up on this mod and how to do it.

***Also anyone who chooses to do this mod is doing it at their own risk and I am in no way responsible for anything you mess up. I am just trying to help the members out by posting the steps I took.****
Old 04-12-11, 09:12 PM
irokdastar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexiss_sc430
you will be cutting into (4) wires all together,
Then you have a positive and negative to supply power
And lastly you have the two wires you run to the front for the switch.

Not to sound like an *** but I would encourage you to carefully read what I have already posted and do your own research, you can mess stuff up if you are not careful and from the questions you've been asking it shows me that you have not read up on this mod and how to do it.

***Also anyone who chooses to do this mod is doing it at their own risk and I am in no way responsible for anything you mess up. I am just trying to help the members out by posting the steps I took.****
i have read your post i am just used to bmw diagrams. this is my first lexus and i am trying to be as careful as possible.

here is were i am stuck in the last pic of the completed relays. you have 2 blue and 2 yellow wires from relay one and 2 blue and 2 yellow 1 red and one yellow.

this is how i understand it.
now i know the black gets grounded
red goes to the package tray and you switch to 30amp fuse ( whats a package tray ) again no used to lexus.

one set of yellow and blue from no 1 relay gets spliced into the cpu 4 wires for both windows

and the other sets from relay 2 go to the switch.

tell me were i am wrong. sorry to take ure time but i just dont want to mess up
Old 04-12-11, 09:56 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

take a look at this thread, look over the whole thing

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...od-done-2.html

basically you have two blue and two yellows during the whole process, I drew a black down the center of half of the wires to differentiate them. So then I had a solid blue, blue stripe, solid yellow, yellow striped. these four wires go in and out of the same post on both relays,
I know the wording is confusing but if you use the pictures as a ref it will be easier
Numbers 1 & 2 on relay 1 are inputs from the ecu side of motor # 1,9 & 10 are outputs of those wires from relay 1 Then those same wires go to # 1& 2 on relay 2 and then there output comes out the ends of # 9& 10 that you connect back into the wiring that goes to motor #1

Now window motor # 2’s wires goes into 3&4 and out of 11 & 12 on relay 1, then do the same input and output on relay # 2 when those wires come out of position 11 &12 from relay #2 they go back to the wiring for motor
Also when you get the relays it will make more sense because they are actually numbered on each post/terminal.

The reason why you have two relays is because one of the relays gives the "windows up" command to the window motors, and the other gives the "windows down". So the same wire that is connect to lets say the solid blue wire must go in and out from the same terminals, you cannot criss cross these commands or else the whole thing wont work. After the correct 4 wires are cut and routed all you need is to tap into the power and MAKE SURE YOU GROUND the relays to a good grounding point.

Think of it this way, the switch you need is a 3 pole toggle switch, meaning it should rest in neutral (middle position) and you can push it forward or backwards sending lower to the dedicated relay. Depending on which position your switch is on it will either send power to the 1st relay or 2nd relay. and depending on which relay gets powered the windows will only go up or down.

Quick Reply: Quarter window mod part deux