Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think once i have it should be getting attention out here
Old 06-17-08, 02:44 PM
RemyMartin
Driver School Candidate

great stories y'all.

So I go to my boss' house and get there early. We had Giants Tickets yesterday.

His wife pulls up and thought that her husband just surprised her w/ this nice gift.

She kept complimenting my ride and yada...yada...yada.
I say, "Thank you".

Her husband pulls up later and she asks him, "Why don't you get me this nice car as a gift for me?"

Her busband replies back, "Keep Dreamin."

So my boss and I w/ da top down, cruised to da city to see the Giants in the Luxury box.

thanks..remy.
Old 06-17-08, 11:24 PM
CAMAracer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got two

A cab driver pulled up next to me today, asked me about my rims and spoiler, then commented how it looked good together...

Then during lunch as I sat in the car, I heard someone yell out, "I want THAT Lexus!" A kid then comes running up to the drivers side window (I was sitting on the shady passenger's side) to take a peek inside. LOL, he flips out when he sees me staring right back at him.

Been noticing that I've getting alot more attention now that I have my rims on
Old 06-18-08, 01:45 AM
NMLexus
Rookie

CAMAracer: the new rims looks very nice on the car! Goes very well with the whole package so far

Last edited by NMLexus; 06-18-08 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-30-09, 02:38 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nothing but luv here...

I'll still get comments on my car and some starry looks from bystanders as I cruise either w/ the top up or down.

Believe it or not but there's still some peeps out there that haven't seen a SC430 before and when they actually see it up close in person, it's always a positive reaction and a smile on their face.

Let's keep your stories coming and post here if you gots a SC430 story that people have commented on your baby.

peace...
Old 03-30-09, 03:57 PM
CBG
Pole Position

I get nice comments almost every day on my car when I am cruzin. I have noticed when the top is up I get more comments from "younger" people and when the top is down I get alot more comments from "older" folks. When I stop at traffic lights a bunch of people in cars around me have snapped cell phone camera shots of either the car or my rims. The rims I don't understand because I don't think they are anything special but other people I guess do. I have gotten alot of comments on "how the rims bring out the color of my car" LOL. These cars are real head turners even a few years down the road. Ya gotta love it.
Old 03-30-09, 04:23 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

It's amazing how many people hate this car, yet so many love it. While i wouldn't buy one new, because i'd get the 911 second hand, these cars are boss and there would definetly be one in the garage if i had the money, maybe even sell my true love, my es for one haha
Old 03-30-09, 04:54 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by martini3
Well Folks,

It looks like this is the last year of production for the SC430 of 2008.

It's like they never seen such a vehicle like that before even though I've seen so many more SC430's on the road in the last 2-3 years than before.

I always say, "Thank you" politely and I think it's really not a big deal at all.

Are u folks from the '02 and up to the '08 still get such compliments?

Show the Love.....

thanks...teeman3
There's not alot of SC's where I live, so the car really stands out. It's always clean and ready for anyone's inspection, to include the engine compartment. They really think it's a big deal when I tell them what the cars sticker for, sometimes I have to administer smelling salts !! this car will always get compliments!!
Old 03-30-09, 05:53 PM
Bellex
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha funny you should mention this...never in my life have I experienced so many compliments from a vehicle... (last 2 cars were Redline Red 350z and blk/blk/blk G35C...) Z attracted young folk/ricers/college girls... G35c attracted fellas around my age....

The SC is on a whole different level:
Attracts young/middle aged/old women of all ethnicities (which is a win ) and fellas 35ish and up

From this past Sunday (had the top down...silver over saddle interior)

- "YOO that car is tight!!" - Kids riding a bike in Wilmington yesterday

- "That coupe is absolutely beautiful... is it new? OOh its a Lexus?!?!?!" - mid 30's soccer mom with baby in arm (also yesterday)

- ...as she walks over and begins touching the seats... "I absolutely love this car... the color combo is amazing! Can I peek inside??" - mid 40's woman at the car wash (yesterday)

Some I recall:

- "Those are the most beautiful lines I have ever seen on a car" - while filling up at the Wawa (he was a g35 driver)

- 2 random girls grab me at the bar = "you're the dude with the lexus...I love your car...wanna dance?" (I kid you not) - needless to say me and my friend got a few dances in

- "Nice Benz!" (now she's looking at the steering wheel) - "**** this is a Lexus..."

Every trip with the Lexus is an adventure... all in all I love my baby (although sometimes I wish she was a bit more discreet)

All I can say: It's gonna be a crazy summer

Cheers!
Old 03-30-09, 09:42 PM
sc430guy
Rookie

my plan for the summer is to pretty much just drive around the beach with the topdown and try to hail hot girls into my car and then back to my place
Old 03-31-09, 08:21 AM
PHXSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Bellex;4389186]
Attracts young/middle aged/old women of all ethnicities (which is a win ) and fellas 35ish and up

Dude - that's just wrong....
Old 03-31-09, 05:18 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

my favorite "compliment" was as i was pulling out of a parking garage on the strip. an asian tourist stopped, pulled out his camera and walked around my car taking pics. it's kinda funny to think my car is in some random guy's vacation pics.
Old 04-01-09, 09:30 AM
Bellex
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellex
Originally Posted by PHXSC
Dude - that's just wrong....
Haha but it's the truth though!

Last edited by Bellex; 04-01-09 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-01-09, 10:37 PM
typeriz
Driver School Candidate

im in nyc everyday and people still compliment me and staring at it like its some kind of ferrari or lamborghini (which it is not). but than again it is a low production car
Old 04-05-09, 01:27 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

clean car = compliments.

yesterday i was almost finished washing my car, just spraying the tires. a dad and his kid walk by. the kid says, "i want that car when i grow up?" the dad says, "you want that car?" "yeah." "well you better do good in school and get all As. that car is going to cost a lot of money." "ok."

then today i drove to the grocery store. a guy stopped me in the parking lot and asked how much i paid for my car. i told him i bought it used a few years ago for a little under 30. he couldn't believe it was used. he thought it was brand new. when i told him he could find one now for under 20, he said he was going to start looking when he got home.

Quick Reply: Do people still comment on your car?