SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Lambo or Scissor doors for SC430?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-08, 09:52 PM
curt248
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well we have a Bently dealer about a block from that particular auto store. We see a lot of Bently's driving around. We also get a fair share of lambo's too. Ferrari's are not quite as popular but I see a few each summer. I raced a modded Ferrari against my motorcycle. Man that thing had a nice exhaust. However, a Ferrari is really slow compared to my bike.

What color is your sc430? Did you say your car gets mistaken for a G35 or some type of infinity that no one has seen before?
Old 10-19-08, 11:27 PM
CAMAracer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to lambo doors

Yeah, everyone wants to remain PC and say the "to each, their own" line, but not before getting a quick jab in and throwing in a snide remark.

I'm not sure why it is that the more expensive a car is, the more reluctant people are to modify it.

Upgrading the size of the wheels, putting on a body kit, and installing an exhaust system is as far as most people will go.

Shoot, remember the member who put that ugly GT spoiler on his SC? What was he thinking!?! Haha, j/k, that was me!

Anyways, if it were practical and affordable to produce a hardtop convertible conversion kit, we'd see Hondas and Nissans sporting them just like they sport the lambo doors.
Old 10-20-08, 01:39 AM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Wheels, body kits, exhaust, is all fine if it's tasteful and clean. GT wings, hood scoops, and Lambo doors are tasteless and should stay in Need For Speed: Underground.
Old 10-20-08, 04:47 AM
curt248
Driver School Candidate

camaracer, I think you may be on to something. I used to think the same way about modding an expensive car. That was when I didn't have one.

I've seen so many bad mods done to expensive cars. The mods that make the original car (stock) look better. I think a lot of it may come down to making good decisions about what to modify.

We've all seen ford rangers with ground effects that just looks wrong, right? On the other hand there is a ford ranger that someone modified and it looks great that had you scratching your head, saying I never thought that truck could look cool, but this one does.

I got the same thing before I put chrome wheels on my sc430. People were saying it will be getto or too flashy. After it's done, people really like the way it looks. I guess it's tough to imagine a mod for people if they haven't seen it many times before.

I'm sure that there was a time when people thought lowering a car was only for low riders and not for a 70K car. Who, in thier right mind, would ruin the good looks of a 70K car. You'd ruin the factory suspension that cost so much in the first place. I remember those times. I remember thinking that. I still have issues with lowering a car and all the problems it can cause for beauty.

Now that I've done so many mod's to my motorcycle, I can't imagine leaving something stock. It's all about tasteful choices though. On that I agree with all of you. No one want's something that looks like, well, an add on. Any mod should integrate into the car like it was supposed to come with it from the beginning.

Last edited by curt248; 10-20-08 at 04:51 AM.
Old 10-20-08, 01:05 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Now thats what I call a coherient explanation that should not offend anyone. Great write up

Buddy
Old 10-20-08, 02:10 PM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMAracer
to lambo doors

ot, remember the member who put that ugly GT spoiler on his SC? What was he thinking!?! Haha, j/k, that was me!
I remember when you were thinking about the spoiler and a bunch of us freaked out then, just like people are reacting to these Lambo-doors.... I thought you were nuts then but now I really like what you've done with your car.... and got used to seeing the spoiler in your avatar.

The point I'm trying to make is that though some mods are not for everyone, they're for individualizing your own ride and making you feel good every time you hop in and take a ride.

Put those Lambo-doors on and enjoy yourself. Who cares what others think, anyhow?
Old 10-20-08, 09:04 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by intdiamond
I remember when you were thinking about the spoiler and a bunch of us freaked out then, just like people are reacting to these Lambo-doors.... I thought you were nuts then but now I really like what you've done with your car.... and got used to seeing the spoiler in your avatar.

The point I'm trying to make is that though some mods are not for everyone, they're for individualizing your own ride and making you feel good every time you hop in and take a ride.

Put those Lambo-doors on and enjoy yourself. Who cares what others think, anyhow?
I think lambo doors are fugly, but...I think they look even better on the SC430 than on a lambo. I like the curved doors on the SC. When raised up, it reminds me of a lady bug, like Journey:
Attached Thumbnails Lambo or Scissor doors for SC430?-journey.jpg  
Old 10-20-08, 09:59 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Old 10-20-08, 11:02 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

the expression on the guy in the middle (brown shirt) is funny, almost wants to run from it.
Old 10-20-08, 11:18 PM
curt248
Driver School Candidate

The picture of the orange sc is a good example of how poor choices in modding can end up.

The car above retains none of the curves that make the sc look elegant yet strong at the same time.

It looks like an 8 year olds plan for modding his hot wheels car.

The purple car in the background looks like its part of an action seen in Twister.
Old 10-21-08, 08:47 AM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter_Klim
I think lambo doors are fugly, but...I think they look even better on the SC430 than on a lambo. I like the curved doors on the SC. When raised up, it reminds me of a lady bug, like Journey:
LOL !! That album is a blast from the past....
Old 10-21-08, 10:22 AM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by intdiamond
LOL !! That album is a blast from the past....
hahaha most tasteful post in this thread

Only kidding.. old Journey rocks
Old 10-21-08, 11:17 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

wow im glad thats not a real sc
Old 10-22-08, 06:41 AM
tsc430
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aquanuke
If you like it then go for it although a stock car with sucide doors would be unforgivable.

On the cheap probs eBay.

i don't know about the orange one above but I wouldn't mind stepping out of the black one.
Old 10-22-08, 11:56 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup black one looks pretty tight to me

Quick Reply: Lambo or Scissor doors for SC430?