SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Custom Switch for my NavTool

Old 02-23-10, 05:48 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyjay808
Habious... I'm still im the market and plan on it for quite a while. but for now i decided to do the basic install for my Navtool and Boyo. I got the Navtool working ok but Im still up in the air about what media input to use. I was seriously thinking about this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT what do you think? and im having a hell of a time installing my Boyo VTL200. I can't figure out what im doing wrong. this is what ive done so far blue Camera/12V wire from NT to YEL/RED wire (REVERSE) NEXT: ground BLK wire from boyo to white/black wire Ground. connect RED wire from Boyo to GREY power wire. and that's all. you see anything wrong please let me know. Thanks. oh by the way ive been pricing climate controls on ebay. I found two under $200 and one at $250. just let me know ready when you are.
I can't seem to find a wiring diagram/installation instructions for the NavTool, which makes it a challenge to figure out if there any wiring snafu's in your installation.

Did you ground the parking brake wire (I don't know what color this one is, without the wiring diagram)? This is a lockout/override so that the NavTool can only be used when the parking brake is engaged (most people just ground it).

Also, in looking at that HDD player, it looks like the video output is "12 Pins Multi-output cable (for S-Video or YPbPr output)". You need
Composite" - S-video won't work, and the "YPbPr" is "Component, which also won't work. You'd have to get a converter (not the end of the world; I use a DVI-to-composite scan converter for my CarPC-to-NavTool connection.
Old 02-23-10, 02:32 PM
Tyjay808
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Habious, Thanks for the input and quick reply. Yes I did ground the GREEN Brake wire along with the two white one's. The navtool works just fine when I tested it with my blueray player. since my last post I have been thinking alot about what the problem could be.. I think ill try one more thing. could it be that i need to connect the RED wire from my Boyo to the YEL/RED (REVERSE) wire along with the camera (BLUE) wire from the navtool. because right now I have the Boyo RED wire connected to the GREY Assy PWR wire.
Old 02-23-10, 02:47 PM
Tyjay808
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For Habious... would you say Vais is best for iphone video/audio intergation with navtool? and how simple is it to install?