SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

what springs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-02, 01:25 AM
pot_head
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what springs?

what springs should i get. just picked up my car and would like to lower it. will 19 or 20" wheels with eibach springs be a good combo? not really interested in the expensive spring/shock combo right now. thanks.
Old 01-18-02, 12:45 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bahahahahaha.....if you are going to mess with the suspension on a lexus its best to do it right. Gene you are speaking to a guy who bought his car from Crazy Eddies Auto Emporium. When I had my Supra I was amazed at how the same parts always costed more, I was told, "Expensive car, expensive parts" It works both ways though, when I went to buy Racing Hart C5's the guys started to ask if I wanted the fake ones and quickly stopped....he knew better. On my Supra I just lowered the car with Eibach, but that was just to lower a car in which the spring rates are already tight. Your just going to destroy the ride of a Lexus if its not done right. I am going to leave the SC the way it is, as much as I miss the speed of the Supra I sure as hell dont miss the whole car coming of the ground everytime I hit a bump.
Old 01-18-02, 12:59 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Question what about euro SC430's?

I remember reading in one of the British sports car magazines that the European SC430's will get a different factory suspension and ride height. Does anyone know this for a fact? Has anyone driven both and care to say what they noted as differences? If I were to make any changes, I would seriously consider the Euro FACTORY SC430 version. I did this same kind of change on a former German car (put on the factory german suspension which was lower and a bit stiffer but still 100% factory stock so it was designed to work with the car).

Anybody?
Old 01-18-02, 03:03 PM
pot_head
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so are the 1200$ suspension the only way to go? lsportline? how bout eibach and some performance shocks? whats so good about the lsportlines? are they adjustable? if so, how much do ppl usually lower the car by with 20" wheels(pls answer this one)? i cant stand my cars looking stock. all my cars must be lowered and have wheels within a very short period of time from when i buy it. i just bought some cheap 600$ wheels today. imo, they look better than stock. its those cheap 7 spoke dtm style wheels and i used factory tires. not bad. and no, im not going to get knockoff wheels either. so how about eibachs and something like koni shocks? but the total of the two will probably come to aboutt the same price as the lsportline ones huh?
Old 01-19-02, 11:40 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Do some research on Coil-Overs. Im telling you the cars structural rigidty will eventually deteriorate. Youll have much more control with the coilovers. Once again dont do things cheaply. I have 19" rims that were $6000 and one is bent from potholes and etc and over time they take their toll, but if i had to do it all over again I would by the same rims.....dont sell out, otherwise just leave the car stock, cause then it just looks cheesey