SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2002 sc 430 navigation reads "no disk detected"

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-15, 05:38 AM
dJohnActor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FALCON1
Another reason to have the extended warranty.

Worse comes to worse..................buy a Tom Tom for 3 bills and spend the rest on tires and gas getting to all those great destinations.

I joked with the Lexus dealer that IF the top motors went sour and I did not have the extended warranty the SC would stay a hardtop.........8 grand buys alot of fun and gas.........

FALCON 1
Has anyone come up with a way to feed a cell phone GPS system to the car's Navigation monitor? The benefits are significant: No need to upgrade DVD discs every year...Google Maps stay current because they get their feed from the internet. No need to worry about hardware failure...DVD drive is unnecessary with cell phone GPS.
--Constantly updated and current.
--Free
Old 07-05-15, 07:07 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Well if you use the NavIKS/NavTool you will have an video input and then use a NavTool (or similar) phone mirroring unit to cast your phone screen onto the OEM Screen. Then you would have dedicated live time GPS via your phone to the OEM Nav Screen, as will as anything you choose to put on your phone (movies, youtube, etc). would show on your OEM Nav screen. My only concern would be that in watching videos with audio, there MIGHT be some lag in the match up of words with audio. Just something to keep in mind.

As for the audio for turn by turn directions, you'd have to either use a cassette tape adapter that plugs into your phone or get a VaisTech SL3U to give you an aux input.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 07-05-15 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-07-15, 10:23 PM
Sharrine
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by revpd
You're not gonna believe this, but I just yanked a PPN13KA12C out of an old CD-ROM drive from a junked computer laying around my house! Considering that the CD-ROM drive spent most of its active life empty, I'm sure this motor has very few miles on it compared to the one in the ECU DVD. This was a no-brand generic Japanese-made CDROM from 1996 so if you have something similar cluttering your basement, you may be in luck.

You guys absolutely rock for figuring this fix out! I was ready to throw in the towel and velcro a TomTom over my LCD. Thanks!

Update: I just finished the repair and it works!! This may be the first time I actually was right for keeping broken electronics around for over 10 years. My old motor didn't seem completely toasted now that I've popped it open, but replacing it did the trick so I guess that was the problem.
Thank you so much for this information I have a few old computers laying around actually in a closet. I will first get a solder gun from Micheal's since radio shack is out of business. I hope I can follow these instructions some of the vocabulary is foreign to me but Thank God I know him and he is all wise. Prayerfully you'll see my testimony posted soon. Thanks again

p.s. this info is priceless for a single mother, thanks again
Old 01-04-18, 07:44 AM
Carles
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kjenkinz
First of all I would like to say thank you two the person that presented questions to the people at the audio and video place that's charging almost 400.00 to repair these units. To repair them yourself... all you need to do is remove the ECU DVD from your vehicle, open it up, remove the 4 screws where which is holding the main laser unit down. Remove the two ribbon strips and power connecter located on the back of that section. After doing so you can remove that entire section. Remove the four housing screws in the four corners, Turn the unit over. Now you can begin removing the data board. Remove the attached ribbons perspectively. Don't be afraid to untape the black tap from the board to remove the wrap under ribbon, it will restick. Now, on the section holding the laser, laser motor, and cd motor, there are 3 screws to remove. Once removed you can now take the laser portion out. Remove the ribbon for ease of labor. The issue is in fact the motor NOT THE LASER! I've located them by doing a simple search on the web for the motor model: PPN13KA12C. I paid 2.10 plus shipping. Removed the laser motor from the end housing clip. You'll need to get a small solder gun from a craft store (ie. Radio Shack) and remove the wires from the old motor and solder them to the new one. Move the gear from the old one to the new one. Reassemble, attach all ribbons, and reinstall back in your prospective vehicle location. Start your vehicle, reinsert the Navigation DVD. You'll be a happy camper and best of all the fix is completed in less than an hour and you've spent less than 10.00. I personally purchased a few of these motors for security purposes, just in case the event should occur once again. Once again, thank you everyone! Hope this helps the rest of you!!
Hello

Thanks for your explanation. I have a question for you. I disarm de navigation motor but my reference model is different that yours. Can you help me to find the equivalence?

The reference is M1N10FB10G /2471KC