SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Wheel question

Old 01-03-02, 11:59 AM
FirstJapCar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel question

Does anyone know the technical stuff on the stock sc430 wheels.

I know they are 5 x 114.3 and 18"

BUT what is the width? Is it 7? 7.5? 8"?

..and what is the offset?

Is it 40mm offset or ???

Does anyone out there know?
Old 01-04-02, 10:11 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where is our chief of staff resident wheel guru, sir manaray?
Old 01-05-02, 03:48 PM
Christian
Pole Position

It is 8*18". Don't know the offset yet but guess it is between 40 and 50 correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-06-02, 05:25 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe my rims offset is 45. The rims came right off of my Supra and fit perfectly. Perhaps do a search for a Supra or SC400, as im sure they are similiar. Otherwise call a place like the Tire Rack.
Old 01-07-02, 09:49 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Change your name already

FirstJAPcar,

Dropped you some hints already. It's a bad choice in name.

Not to drop the "RACE CARD" or a tired pseudonym that people like to use, but get a clue man.
Old 01-08-02, 12:41 PM
FirstJapCar
Driver School Candidate

Default tried to change name several times

about 3 or 4 months ago, Rodf asked me to change my name and I spent an hour looking at the website to try and find out how.. I then sent emails to manaray and that other moderator and NEVER heard anything back... I'd gladly change it to 1st JapaneseCAR but no one else seems to care enough to tell me how! ...so PLEASE get off my back!!! I meant no offense to anyone and have made every effort to change it because of all the extremely sensitive people out there.. I never thought I had to be so PC.. much less that my ID wasn't PC.. geezz....
Old 01-08-02, 01:56 PM
FirstJapCar
Driver School Candidate

Default cookie?

I still don't know what you are talking about.... What is this cookie stuff about? I have this set up to auto sign me on somehow at home, at work, and on my friend's MAC... I already made a good faith effort to change it but either the moderators don't find my name offensive or don't care! I tried.. I wasted over an hour of time trying... I'm sorry my name offends some people.. I meant no offense.. I assummed things like ricerocket or riceburner were not PC but I never thought my name would cause such a stir... Unless someone can give tell me how to change it quickly (less than 5 minutes).. and please just know that no ill will towards anyone..... I'm done!
Old 01-08-02, 10:51 PM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: cookie?

'I'm sorry my name offends some people.. I meant no offense.. I assumed things like "Rice-Rocket", or "Rice-Burner" were not PC but I never thought my name would cause such a stir... I'm confused".

We're all over 21 in the room Pal, and probably very few virgins in the group (no offense meant, "Dudettes"), so let's cut to the chase -

To many of us, with "Initiation / Entry Fees" starting at $65 - $70 K, this CLUB LEXUS " COUNTRY CLUB" respects and subscribes to an Elevated level of Conduct, Character, Poise, and Culture, that simply reflects the (Higher) Good Taste that our LEXUS SC 430 exempifies. In our ("Country") Club, unlike others who may well subscribe to the more open gatherings of Moose, Elks, VFW, AMVETS, and others, who thrill to refer to our German Counter-Parts as: "Kraut Carts", or our Itallian friends cars as: "Italian Stallions", or our English contemporary's rides as: "British Bob Sleds", we profess to have a little more Sensitivity, Good Taste, and Decorum.

In my mind, "CLUB LEXUS", like any upgraded Country Club, may well have "WILD TURKEY", "MAKERS MARK", and "Smirnoff" available at our "Oasis's", but we more frequently are asked to serve 12 Year Old "Jim Beam Black Label", "Gray Goose", or a '92 Dom P., to those Members who are really tuned in, and in the know.

It's really very simple dude, do us all a favor and put your "First Jap Car" into a "Protective Witness Program", and re-enter the "Club" sans the "brown shoes" with your "After Eight" Tuxedo, and enjoy your stay. In this way, our gratious, dignified, and most prestigious Hosts, the TOYODA family, will not be offended at your insensitive and uncultured reference to the most "Luxuriois" and "Elegant" Flag Ship of their Fleet.

In my humble and limited experience, it is considered a demonstration of "poor taste" to be invited to an Elegant Banquet as a Honored Dinner Guest, and refer to the Hosts in some "Back Alley", "Ethnic Slur", as your "FIRST JAP CAP" suggests.

God forbid, you're Not one of these "Lemon Law Light Weights" that recenty have retreated to "Parts Unkown", are you?

"MANY ARE CALLED....................FEW ARE CHOSEN!"

Still True Today!

:eek:

Last edited by WJSOLOMON; 01-14-02 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-08-02, 11:24 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now I dont want to get off on a rant here....

I mean no offense Solomon, you can understand that cant you? As Im sure the guy meant no offense either....and anyone who is insulted by his name should find another "country club", beacuse this is afterall a public forum and until the moderators or owners of the country club find it necessary to revoke his membership what is the big deal? Now might it be sensible to change it, yeah. Should he have to no. I mean go into the GS400 Forum and see what goes on in there or the IS. I am just so sick of people getting insulted over something so insignificant as a "handle" and while I try no to offend others as best as I can, I try not to sweat the small stuff either. And I dont mean to single you out or start an "online fight", but I do understand where you are coming from. Yor saying that these cars should carry a certain level of respect and class and that the issues should be the cars itself. I just dont understand why forums always turn into nonrelated car stuff and contain so much drama....gt back to the cars and someone find me an exhaust...damn wheres the greygoose!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-02, 11:48 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FirstJapCar,

Dude don't sweat the nick change.. We got too many sensitive people on CL it seems.. What I see is someone who just got his first japanese car.. Nothing more nothing less.. I'm not anywhere close to being Japanese but I am of the darker persuasion and I see GHETTO and BLACK thrown around practically every forum I go in.. I could care less about that too but in a way it is also demeaning..

Anyways back to your question on the SC430 wheels I know it is 18 X 8 and +45 offset sounds correct since my LD1 wheels are +45 offset.. Wish I had one of Manaray's rim measuring tools to tell you for sure..

Like LexusSC430 said lets get this back to car topics to help our fellow drivers out and leave the politics for the Cigar club scene..

Peace!
Old 01-09-02, 07:10 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Cover the moot point..and on to real car questions

Here's a new name for ya. FirstLEXcar.
You got a nice car. FirstJ or wutever you wanna go by.
I was never ON your back to begin with. Just dropping you some sarcastic hints buddy...no sweat.

Just to let you know. I'm one of the OLD WILEY veterans of this forum (albeit a 27yr old vet), and I've seen hundreds of posts and reposts of people talking about a NEW question about leather seats, or suspension or something or other, and then a person comes along months later and asks the same NEW question. In short, I've seen it all come through here.

I never said you were overtly offensive. I just meant use a bit common sense.

WJ brings up a good point. It's just common sense.
LexusSC430-Honestly..I wasn't really that offended by dudes name...I was just dropping some sarcasm on him. But in response to your post...just cuz it doesn't offend ourselves..it's to easy to go by "wuts the big deal". The deal is, for some people it would never even cross their mind to name themselves that.

2Savvy-"ghetto" and "japcar" are totally diff things. If I called myself "got my first redneckride", then that's pertaining to something specific. "ghetto" is across all socio/racial barriers so u shouldn't be offended anyhow. Again, I wasn't even offended by dude..but I just thought it was a sarcastic point I was bringin up.

NOW...back to the cars.

You should go to 310motors.com to get your exhaust that you want LexusSc430. They have some SICK stuff for the 430. I'm not a real fan of sprewell racing, but you can go there too.

I have a question for some of you. Were any of you PREVIOUS SC400 owners before you jumped to the 430?
Old 01-09-02, 07:13 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default cookies

also FirstJ,

Wut Gene was suggesting you do, is when you are in windows,
the easiest way to get to the cookies is go to the start menu, select "search" or "find" and search for "cookies". that will whip up the cookie directory on your PC. Once you click into the cookie directory, you'll find some stuff in there that says" www.clublexus.com" etc.etc. Just delete those.

THEN log back into clublexus and u can come in as a brand new user. Take LESS than 5 minutes to do.

Happy Hunting.
Old 01-09-02, 07:48 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anthracite SC,

If you read what I wrote I said GHETTO and BLACK in the same sentence.. But that is neither here nor there.. I still don't see what is so offensive about FirstJapCar just like if someone used the nick FirstNigCar.. I'd just laugh my a$$ off but i'll end this post and not comment anymore on this subject.. Lets just leave CL for CAR RELATED stuff and call it a day..

Ken
Old 01-09-02, 09:30 AM
RodF
Pole Position

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Anthracite SC,

If you read what I wrote I said GHETTO and BLACK in the same sentence.. But that is neither here nor there.. I still don't see what is so offensive about FirstJapCar just like if someone used the nick FirstNigCar.. I'd just laugh my a$$ off but i'll end this post and not comment anymore on this subject.. Lets just leave CL for CAR RELATED stuff and call it a day..

Ken
Ken -

Sorry to prolong this line of discussion for one more message, as I do agree we should stick to cars. However, I would just like to point out that while you would not be offended by a handle like "FirstNigCar", I would suppose a lot of other people would be offended, and I wouldn't blame them. Just my opinion.
Old 01-09-02, 08:48 PM
FirstJapCar
Driver School Candidate

Default my id

Hey there everyone.. When I came up with my ID.. I wanted to portray my pride in going from German cars to my first Japanese car. Using the 'JAP' abbreviation is simply an abbreviation of Japanese and is NOT an ethnic slur whatsoever... Kinda like Chevy being short for Chevrolet

Germans often call us American's Ammi's which is short for American and I don't find it offensive myself...

New Zealander's are called Kiwi's for short for some reason but it isn't a slur...

I guess I'll just have to keep the peace around here and come back later under a different name...

Lighten up folks... we all love our SC430's!

As others have said: LIFE's to short.. and don't sweat the small stuff!

Thanks for the 45mm offset response BTW!!!!

I've said my peace.. good bye and I'll come back later at some point and re-register with an APPROVED name.

some of you folks need to 'get a life'!!!

I spent my 65K on my SC430 and that doesn't make me any more exclusive than the next guy... I'm just fortunate enough to have been able to do it and want to do it... Many folks can spend 65K on a car but choose not to because their priorities in life are different... I have a passion for cars and driving, thus I spend more on my cars and less on other areas that aren't as important to me and my happiness.

...sorry, it's late and I am babbling... I"M DONE NOW... sorry again to those who found it so offensive.

Good Bye...

First JapANESE Car...

BTW: I now own another Japanese car... actually my 3rd since the SC430 purchase... but NO, I won't come back as 3rdJapCar so don't worry! LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel question