SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

how difficult is LuxLink to install?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-07, 11:25 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default how difficult is LuxLink to install?

i'm sure it's beyond my skill set. but i have a $600 credit at a local stereo shop. they screwed up an ipod installation on my old car, shorting out the dash illumination. i'm thinking about using that credit. but i don't have a ton of faith in them.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 06-21-07 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-21-07, 11:32 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jason702
i'm sure it's beyond my skill set. but i have a $600 credit at a local stereo shop. they screwed up an ipod installation on my old car, shorting out the dash illumination. i'm thinking about using that credit. but i don't have a ton of faith in them.

From everything I have read and heard from others, the instructions are not that great. A search up top will review more and I would recommend send them a PM, but most had to call Luxlink for clarification.
Old 06-21-07, 11:45 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jason702
How did they shorted your dash? It would take some electrical knowledge and a small hand to install this unit. The hood ground is a pain though. For those of you have installed this unit in the past would remember this wire for the rest of your life lol. We are a Luxlink dealer, If you are in the Dallas/FT Worth area we can set up the installation for you. I would be able to help if you have any question reguarding about the install or how to set everything up.
JPI

Last edited by JPI Racing; 06-21-07 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-21-07, 12:57 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JPI
How did they shorted your dash? It would take some electrical knowledge and a small hand hand to install this unit. The hood ground is a pain though. It's the connector 1 red wire. For those of you that installed this unit in the past would remember this wire for the rest of your life lol. We are a Luxlink dealer, If you are in the Dallas/FT Worth area we can set up the installation for you. I would be able to help if you have any question reguarding about the install or how to set everything up.
JPI
it was a hardwired fm modulator with a gain. they ran the power from the stereo, rather than run a power line to the battery. it drew too much power and caused the illumination switch to fail, which cost me $600 in parts and labor to fix. they refused to pay it, but offered me a credit. i agreed thinking i wanted to put some subs in my car anyway. then realized i didn't have room. but anyway, i'm in vegas. so i'd have to have it done around here. i'm considering the luxlink partly just to use up the credit.