SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What am I doing wrong with "Voice Command"

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-07, 03:00 PM
tabasco
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default What am I doing wrong with "Voice Command"

It doesn't understand any of my commands (except it does understand "chinese" and shows me the local chinese resturants). Even "HOME" is a problem. It may understand it 1 out of 10 times. Always says something about POIs.

Anyone else have problems? What am I missing?

Thanks

Last edited by tabasco; 06-20-07 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Notification
Old 06-20-07, 03:22 PM
TWQ83
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off don't YELL at the lady in the dash ......... she's can be a real B***h! Just talk normally, also make sure that anyone else in the vehicle, is quite when giving commands. Next, learn all the commands the correct way. If you need.....................the commands can be accessed by giving the command "Help". It will list all the commands for all of the functions.

Lastly, you can teach your System to recognize your accent by going into "Voice recognizition Mode". you do this simply by pressing the "voice command" button on the steering wheel and holding it for a 2 count. then release ......... The Lady in the dash will tell you you are in "Voice recognizition mode" you then give the command and wait to see if she carries it out, If it's right relax, if it's something it souldn't be ... Cuss once and hit cancel this teaches the system that isn't it. Try again ........ until she get's it right then hit OK and continue. It may take sometime but try it. Also remember that when you want to make a Command just hit the Voice Command Button Once very quickly so it doesn't go into "Voice Recognition Mode" Hitting the button quick opeans all the possible command and not the learning sequance.

Trail and error will teach you and the lady in the dash to get along better.

Relax, Enjoy , and have fun with the learning process
Old 06-20-07, 03:55 PM
tabasco
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TWQ83
First off don't YELL at the lady in the dash ......... she's can be a real B***h! Just talk normally, also make sure that anyone else in the vehicle, is quite when giving commands. Next, learn all the commands the correct way. If you need.....................the commands can be accessed by giving the command "Help". It will list all the commands for all of the functions.

Lastly, you can teach your System to recognize your accent by going into "Voice recognizition Mode". you do this simply by pressing the "voice command" button on the steering wheel and holding it for a 2 count. then release ......... The Lady in the dash will tell you you are in "Voice recognizition mode" you then give the command and wait to see if she carries it out, If it's right relax, if it's something it souldn't be ... Cuss once and hit cancel this teaches the system that isn't it. Try again ........ until she get's it right then hit OK and continue. It may take sometime but try it. Also remember that when you want to make a Command just hit the Voice Command Button Once very quickly so it doesn't go into "Voice Recognition Mode" Hitting the button quick opeans all the possible command and not the learning sequance.

Trail and error will teach you and the lady in the dash to get along better.

Relax, Enjoy , and have fun with the learning process
Wow, thanks. I did not see any of this in either manual. I appreciate the time you took to reply.
Old 06-20-07, 03:57 PM
John007
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey does the 2003 lexus sc430 have these commands???
Old 06-20-07, 04:54 PM
tabasco
Driver School Candidate

TWQ83,

Thanks for the advice. I spent about a 1/2 hour with the lady in the dash and you are right. I talk normally and she understood most everything.

I am still doing something wrong with the "Voice recognizition mode". When you say 2 count, you mean count to 2 or about 2 seconds, right? When I do that the screen says "Voice recognizition mode [Cancel]". The lady says nothing.

Anyway I made great headway with it and will have lots of fun. I am real glad it quickly understands "Chinese" cause I really like chinese food....
Old 06-20-07, 04:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by John007
hey does the 2003 lexus sc430 have these commands???
only 05+ has voice recognition i believe