SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Why Gen 4 nav on 07 Sc430

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-06, 06:30 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Gen 4 nav on 07 Sc430

Anyone know why on the 07 there will be gen 4 nav and not 05 nav?
Old 09-18-06, 12:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

more than likely coz' they will have to upgrade more hardware or so, not just software? just a guess. unless they redesign the car, they might not upgrade the nav.
Old 09-18-06, 07:40 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

For the same reason you don't have push-button ignition, cooled or ventilated seats, DVD/surround audio, and all that good stuff.

Not justified until car is redesigned. That's what sucks about getting the last year iteration, which could very well be the '07; who knows. Hey, at least you have the 6-sp tranny... and better shocks than my '04; consider yourself lucky . Take care.
Old 09-18-06, 08:06 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
For the same reason you don't have push-button ignition, cooled or ventilated seats, DVD/surround audio, and all that good stuff.
Tell me bout it! I went along w/a friend who was test driving the IS350 & it had all these features. I was like, "WTH?!? The sc430 cost almost twice as much & I don't get any of these feautres?"

Thread hi-jack time!...Did you just get the Blitz exhaust? I just noticed it in your sig. Your thoughts? What part of Tx do you live again? I wanna check it out in person if you're local.
Old 09-19-06, 10:06 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey buddy, if you call 700 miles away local, yes, I'm local . I live in El Paso, TX, the westernmost tip of the state.
Put the Blitz about 2 months ago. Haven't heard them myself either, other than blipping the throttle. They're very subdued. I wanted a bit more, but the good news, and this was my #1 concern, is there's ZERO drone inside. At cruise, you don't even hear them, even with the radio off.
For such results, would have preferred just mufflers and a much cheaper price tag, but no such choice. Overall, I'm happy with them; differentiates my car from the rest (nobody mods his cars here at all). And now it sounds like it has a V8. A subdued V8, but a V8 nonetheless (rather than a 6 ). Take care.
Old 09-19-06, 08:52 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Thx for the info! And no, I don't call 700 miles away local.
Old 09-21-06, 04:58 AM
Samanator
Rookie

We have a 2006 is250 and this made buying the 2007 SC430 very hard. When you have all this first and then purchase up market you feel a little cheated. What makes it worse is that all of the items mentioned work really well. Never having to take a key out is great. My wife was constantly looking for her keys all the time. Now there (If you could call it a key) always attached to her purse with a quick connect so I haven't heard “honey have you seen my keys” once. Also coming up to the door or trunk and with one touch releasing them works great with arms or hands full of stuff. The ventilated seats with the cooling is a must have in south FL. Even though our cars are in garages both at home and work this is makes the car much more comfortable. Since both have Bluetooth I must say that having the button on the front of the steering wheel is much better. Last the navigation new verses old versions in my opinion is a coin toss which is better. While I like the higher resolution of the newer system and the bar graph representation of how close to a turn you are, I like the feature on the older system that shows the series of the next upcoming turns much better. Also the older system does not say you have arrived until I am right in front of the destination were the newer system says it 3 houses away (yet is right on the money for every turn). Now the parking camera on the new system works great even in low light. I would also like to have seen on the SC the parking sonar system like on the LS integrated into the display panel. I would gladly trade the active headlights for a couple of the above items and live with the older nav system as long as it has the rear camera. They put it all in the LS for close to the same price point so I guess limited production has kept them from the engineering needed to integrate them into the SC. Since I have a great deal of supply chain experience I do know that it is much more expensive to support older versions of components as opposed to the higher volume and availability newer ones. I would hate to think that inventory is the reason we do not have these changes.
Old 09-21-06, 08:22 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Default Missing all those features too!

I agree for the most part. My gf use to have an 06' Infiniti M45 Sport which has better integration of bluetooth, cooled seats (not just fans), reverse camera, much better nav, better integration of HVAC & audio controls (one big screen/display instead of 3 screen/displays). FWIW, we live in 100+ degree Texas heat & we rarely use the cool seats anymore. It was great at first then after awhile it was more like a neat feature, that's all. I liked how the M45 had a birds eye-view 3D display of the nav as well as all HVAC & audio display on the nav screen (at the bottom horizontally). She loved the keyless option. As for the reverse camera here's a link for a DIY or you can have most audio shops do it for relatively cheap:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=233967

I gotta admit...at first my gf did missed all these features as well as having extra room (due to it being a sedan) but after a few days driving w/the top down, she doesn't miss any of those features anymore (except the keyless option).
Old 09-21-06, 09:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

trust me i have the same feeling too, especially when you go in now and you get all teh new IS, ES, and GS loaners and they all seem more advance than my cars

but i figure it's just how things are, so i am not too bored by it
Old 08-03-07, 12:52 PM
jose c
Driver School Candidate

the convertable top is great and all, but sometimes it'd be nice to have everything that lexus has to offer.