SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Successful SC430 Key Programming

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-09, 05:45 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bon
You need to start with a master key. The valet key will not allow you to program other keys. Whether or not any one programming sequence will work on your GS is something that you'll just have to try to find out. As an example, I haven't found any single procedure that works with my '06 SC430, period. The dealers use a "scan tool" to do their programming rather than door/gas pedal/brake dances. There is a lot of folklore, myths and procedures that work on some cars but not on others so it's up to you to try them until something works; or just give up. but in any case, you need a master key to succeed.
+1, without the master key there can be no success
Old 10-19-09, 11:25 AM
antigeek
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
Let us know what you do for the fix.
If there is an inexpensive way to get a new shell, that would be nice, (it's broken down where the little bitty screw holds the halves together) but I'm not going to spend $100 in this economic climate when free tape will do the trick.
Well, it looks like the cheap eBay solutions work just fine.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...short-key.html

I cut my flip key down to 38mm (it's long enough for the LX's) if for no other reason than aesthetics when it's in the ignition. Davenport Motors cut it for me for $0.00 (cool!).

Re: programming with the master, remember that you also have the card key, which is a master key.

Since I hadn't tried it before, I attempted to start the car with my broken key (no transponder) yesterday. The starter cranks, but it won't start, so apparently it disables the ignition, not power to the starter and other systems. Just FYI.
Old 11-02-09, 08:10 PM
IanHen
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Davenport charged me $20 to cut my new key today.
At least I have one OK key now !!!
Old 11-02-09, 08:15 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

wow..that's a steal! Wish I would have thought of them back when I paid $60 at Park Place in 2006!!!
Old 01-24-11, 09:56 PM
gentouru
Rookie

FYI, this instruction work for sc430 09. Remote, Master Key and Valet programming. Got 2 master keys and valet key from sewell with cut, and was able to program them all.
Old 01-25-11, 06:38 PM
Fashion
Driver School Candidate

Default Successful Key Programming but Speed Required

I purchased a used key and new blank key off ebay for our 2004 SC430. I was successful in programming the key and remote starting with my one original master key and using the procedure at the beginning of this post. Please note that it required 5-6 attempts to get it right but the key to this procedure is speed. Work fast through the programming steps. My girlfriend is very happy to have a second key now since she can loose her key within 5 minutes of entering the house.
Old 01-25-11, 07:35 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Thanks for letting us know. Really great to know we can use this manual programming of transponder keys off fleabay. I have a blank that I need to get cut. Then I can do this gas-brake routine.
Old 01-25-11, 07:50 PM
gentouru
Rookie

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Thanks for letting us know. Really great to know we can use this manual programming of transponder keys off fleabay. I have a blank that I need to get cut. Then I can do this gas-brake routine.
just want to let you know.. I didn't use the gas-brake routine for my 09
Old 01-25-11, 08:11 PM
darnot10
Driver

I did too get a key off of 'fleabay' (love the terminology Mandy) with the transponder inside. I paid $11.99 for the key. When I purchased my 03 last August I only received one master/one valet. The original owner said she would look for it but I've since given up on that (I was really hoping it would have appeared in my stocking). Was told if the Master was lost it would cost me $1000 to have new keys made and only the dealer could do that. That prompted me to learn ALL about keys. With that said I'm having the new key cut like the master for no charge and $35 for the programming. I figured if they are charging me nothing for the key cutting the $35 for programming is ok with me. My luck I'd mess something up with the ECU which would end up costing me more!
Old 01-26-11, 05:49 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by gentouru
just want to let you know.. I didn't use the gas-brake routine for my 09
What did you use? A Smart Key Programmer?
Old 01-26-11, 06:32 AM
gentouru
Rookie

No the instruction from the first posting of this thread. It doesn't use gas paddle. I seen the gas paddle one and didn't work on my 09. Also definitely count 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi out loud to = 1 sec. Also, I suggest getting the keys from sewell.. great price and you know it will work.
Old 01-26-11, 11:02 AM
mandyfig

So you had the dealer do your programming?
Old 01-28-11, 01:37 PM
darnot10
Driver

Got my a 'master' key programmed today so I'm happy with my insurance policy. Total spent was $42. Maybe down the road I'll get another key with the remote buttons but for now at least I have a master key in case my wife loses hers.
Old 01-28-11, 04:50 PM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by darnot10
Got my a 'master' key programmed today so I'm happy with my insurance policy. Total spent was $42. Maybe down the road I'll get another key with the remote buttons but for now at least I have a master key in case my wife loses hers.
Was this at the dealer? Was it cut from there, too?
Old 01-28-11, 05:52 PM
darnot10
Driver

It was at Davenport Motors (an independent Lexus repair center here in the DFW area). They took care of the cutting and programming and even washed the car!

Quick Reply: Successful SC430 Key Programming