SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Never say Never

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-01, 11:52 AM
FirstJapCar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I learned a while ago to never say never. Once again I am in that mode where I honestly thought I'd never want any Japanese car for any reason. You see, I grew up a first generation American to German parents and was brought up with VW and love of German engineering. I've owned several VW's, a Porsche 911 and a BMW 2000 BMW Z3. When I first saw the reviews of the SC430, I quickly discounted them thinking it would just be another bland car that won't evoke any emotion but is sensible, practical, reliable, etc. Later, when I started to see them on the road, I found myself very attracted to the look top up and down. After a month of battling my loyalty to German engineering, I broke down and found a dealer that had one available for a test drive. I actually wanted to dislike it after a test drive must as I found myself disappointed after test driving an SLK320. To my surprise, I really REALLY liked the car and instantly wanted one. Well, I struggled with my heritage and desire to get the car for another month and then broke down and placed my order with my deposit at my local dealer 3 weeks ago. Now I am in for the long wait. Not only will this be the first time I own a non-German car, but it will be the first time I pay actual sticker price! Have I gone mad? Tell me this car is worth it please! I am waiting for Absolutely Red with Saddle leather interior and am being told it could be as soon as December or as late as March or April next year. Sigh.. o.k. as a newbee, I don't want to wear out my welcome so I will close for now.

I do have a question, can 16" wheels be put in the SC430 for winter tire use? I see lots of posts about only one option for winter tires... does this mean no downgrade to 16" is feasible?

signed,
newbee to Lexus and Japanese in general
-on the long waiting list...
Old 09-18-01, 05:00 PM
TOPLEXS
Driver

Talking

Welcome to the wonderful world of LEXUS... Most cars are now becoming world cars, with parts and engineering from all over the world.
Great choice of color...Red with Saddle is very classy. You will drive with pride.
SC430 is a personal, full sized (except the back seat) automobile. It is powerful, smooth and quiet. It has a different personality than most German cars. They are more tactfull, while the Lexus has a more luxury feel.
You will enjoy the fantastic way the engine and transmission work together to provide a smooth surge of torque.
Enjoy...it will be worth the wait.
Old 09-21-01, 10:15 PM
RodF
Pole Position

You are going to love this car!