SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Metal Pedals Installed w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-06, 11:54 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those look great! My GS has black interior, I gotta get some!
Old 05-11-06, 11:54 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 201 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Yes, the SC430 gas pedal is plastic as well which is why I recommend removing the pedal to install the new pedal. Things are tight in that corner IMO to get an accurate alignment. Also the back of the pedal has those plastic ridges so alignment is very critical. The gas pedal is the most difficult in the install.
The parking brake is a tad small IMO but fits fine. Be careful. As they say, "measure twice, drill once".
Thanks PearlP. I already installed the parking brake and brake pedals. I just have to get that plastic pedal off and do the last one.
Old 05-11-06, 11:57 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Your welcome. Also one more hint on that gas pedal. Be careful the nut on the back does not interfere with the rod for the pedal operation. Hate to have the gas pedal stick.
Old 05-11-06, 06:59 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did the install this evening. Everything went well. I just need to get a smaller drill to be able to drill the 2 top holes on the brake pedal at the proper angle. Otherwise I am still a little concerned that the dead pedal is a little large. I measured it and it is 8 5/8 x 3 1/4 or so. I checked ebay to see the measurements for the sc430 dead pedal, but he is no longer selling them for the sc430. I found 2 other sets, one for the es and one for the gs. Both are 8 5/8 by 3 1/4. Is everyones dead pedal this size?
Old 05-11-06, 09:45 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I got mine installed tonight. Pics to fillow. I am very happy with them . A fellow CL member put them on for me. He has (3) SC-400's, he was also pleased with the kit. It rained heavy tonight... wet shoes are no problem.
I did not measure the dead pedal. Yet!
Old 05-12-06, 05:15 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

How did you guys choose to afix the dead pedal? With the screws or carpet tape?

If someone can put my mind at ease with the measurements for the dead pedal I would appreciate it. I think I may have gotten one from another model?

Thanks,
Mario
Old 05-12-06, 07:01 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Those dimensions are about what I have. Should fit fine. I removed the floor mat before installtion. The larger the better IMO as it protects more carpet.
Lee
Old 05-12-06, 07:49 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

I tried installing the dead pedal with double sided carpet tape, but when you step on the pedal, it pushes the rubber out of the metal. Has anyone had this problem?
Old 05-13-06, 07:47 AM
GEE-BEE
Pole Position

Default Sc430 Pedals

I made a templete for the pedals , copied the back , attached and drilled......

I like the dead plate, raised it about 3/16 from the bottom for the carpet , this will keep the ecru carpet cleaner in this area with this larger pad.......

I thought the acc pedal was the easiest, the brake pedal is really a small surface area..

I will get some black factory mats, instead of the ecru with the clear protectors I have....

Gee-Bee
Old 11-22-09, 03:21 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

It's been three and a half years but I've saved this post along with my aluminum pedals to install that I never did on my last 02 red/ecru SC. Just finished 3/4 pedals tonight on my 2005 PB and I am very pleased with the quality, look and install procedures. Thanks to PearlPower for starting this great thread and inspiring us all to do this mod.

Attached are some pics. Finished product hopefully tomorrow. I have a 18V battery powered drill and my hands/arms are sore like crazy from drilling.

I may have some small issues to correct: E-Brake pedal has only one screw because I couldn't get the holes to line up on that small of a surface to drill and be straight. It doesn't move and is very tight (not like you use this pedal regularly anyway) so I am not too worried. The dead pedal bottom right screw doesn't seem like it is drilled into anything and I can pull it out with my hands. Other screws on the dead pedal are very secure but this one is not. I may try a longer screw or some lock tight or something.

This set is a very nice quality, inexpensive upgrade and another way to modernize your SC with other performance luxury cars today.
Attached Thumbnails Metal Pedals Installed w/pics-pedal1.jpg   Metal Pedals Installed w/pics-pedal2.jpg   Metal Pedals Installed w/pics-pedal3.jpg   Metal Pedals Installed w/pics-pedal4.jpg  
Old 11-22-09, 03:56 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice...I do miss the metal pedals of my IS300...it gives it that extra edge...
Old 11-22-09, 04:23 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Well...here you go...project for you! Do you and your dad's new LS at once!

They are on eBay for $59 plus shipping...$74 total. Very nice, inexpensive upgrade. Great quality on the pedals...MUCH MUCH MUCH better than those PepBoys or Autozone generic medal pedals for $10! LOL Plus the logo is awesome too, especially with a black car!
Old 11-22-09, 04:32 PM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice touch there scdrop! I'd like to do that for mine as well. Post the final pics once you complete the work.
Old 11-22-09, 05:50 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Funny this thread came back as I just installed pedals in my other car.
Would agree that they really set apart car and a joy to view every time I get into the car. Never had an issue with them on the SC, nice quality units.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-22-09, 06:06 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^Scdroptop...fo sho bro, this seems easy enough haha

Quick Reply: Metal Pedals Installed w/pics